Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

All four of my kids played Pop Warner football and the most successful of their teams used a 'QB' and three RB's. Sort of a diamond formation. It was incredibly effective and very versatile. Fun to watch.
    Think I can visualize what you are describing. Have Seen Gus Malzahn use that formation and believe I saw UNM use it some when Bob DeBesse was OC.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• What I'm looking for Lock to improve on is his pre snap reads. I think that accuracy and footwork should be improved on his offseason workouts

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Think I can visualize what you are describing. Have Seen Gus Malzahn use that formation and believe I saw UNM use it some when Bob DeBesse was OC.
        You've got the QB behind Center fairly close to the LOS. Two RB's are lined up to either side of and slightly behind him. A third RB is lined up directly behind the QB but farther away from the LOS than the other two. So 1QB, 2HB, 1FB. And then 2 WR split out fairly wide (one on each side of the LOS) to spread the D and forced the opposing secondary to commit certain defenders to run or pass making it easier for the QB to read. Typically your QB and FB in this are going to be a couple of your fastest kids on the team. Your HB's are going to be good blockers. But any of the four can end up carrying the ball and your QB can still throw it if the D tries to fill every gap.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
        X