Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

All four of my kids played Pop Warner football and the most successful of their teams used a 'QB' and three RB's. Sort of a diamond formation. It was incredibly effective and very versatile. Fun to watch.
    Think I can visualize what you are describing. Have Seen Gus Malzahn use that formation and believe I saw UNM use it some when Bob DeBesse was OC.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• What I'm looking for Lock to improve on is his pre snap reads. I think that accuracy and footwork should be improved on his offseason workouts

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Think I can visualize what you are describing. Have Seen Gus Malzahn use that formation and believe I saw UNM use it some when Bob DeBesse was OC.
        You've got the QB behind Center fairly close to the LOS. Two RB's are lined up to either side of and slightly behind him. A third RB is lined up directly behind the QB but farther away from the LOS than the other two. So 1QB, 2HB, 1FB. And then 2 WR split out fairly wide (one on each side of the LOS) to spread the D and forced the opposing secondary to commit certain defenders to run or pass making it easier for the QB to read. Typically your QB and FB in this are going to be a couple of your fastest kids on the team. Your HB's are going to be good blockers. But any of the four can end up carrying the ball and your QB can still throw it if the D tries to fill every gap.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Report: Drew Lock 'Dominated' Day 1 of Broncos' Minicamp | Yardbarker

Something positive

Comment

• Remember when all the positive reports of how fantastic Orton was in training camp were circulating?
            Lock has the ability - lets see if he has the mentality and maturity. We are supposed to have one of NFL's best teams except for QB, so there is a golden opportunity to step up, but dominating at training is not that important.
            Lock (or Bridgewater) needs to step up in games so we can get some Mile High Magic - it is sorely missing!

Comment

• Nice to hear some positive things coming out about Lock at mini camp.
              We need to remember that competition can and often does bring the best out of you. Unfortunately up to this point Drew Lock hasn't had to compete for much of anything. He was a local kid signed to start at Mizzou and his entire time in the NFL has been essentially given to him without beating anyone out.

We may see a totally different QB in Lock now that there is actually something on the line. Up until right now his bad decisions and habits went unchecked with no threat of any consequence...I can't really blame him for not "changing". What he was doing got him four years starting at Mizzou and a starting gig in the NFL.

Now that Teddy is a real threat, Lock may just tap into another gear he hasn't been made to reach. One thing is for certain though, the pressure to improve is absolutely much greater than ever before. It's go time now

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                Nice to hear some positive things coming out about Lock at mini camp.
                We need to remember that competition can and often does bring the best out of you. Unfortunately up to this point Drew Lock hasn't had to compete for much of anything. He was a local kid signed to start at Mizzou and his entire time in the NFL has been essentially given to him without beating anyone out.

We may see a totally different QB in Lock now that there is actually something on the line. Up until right now his bad decisions and habits went unchecked with no threat of any consequence...I can't really blame him for not "changing". What he was doing got him four years starting at Mizzou and a starting gig in the NFL.

Now that Teddy is a real threat, Lock may just tap into another gear he hasn't been made to reach. One thing is for certain though, the pressure to improve is absolutely much greater than ever before. It's go time now
                Good post but I think Lock had already realized before the Bridgewater acquisition that he needed to up his game significantly, aka "see the light" and raise the bar on his quarterback skills or face a short NFL career which could still happen. I hope he shows everyone he's got what it takes to be a leader / winner....BIG TIME!
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Did you see the THREE's he was droppin ? Nuthin but net
                  https://twitter.com/i/status/1405602216296157186

Last edited by skeeter01; 06-20-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic analysis by Kurt Warner of Lock

Comment

• Where did this guy go and how do we get him back?

Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 07-19-2021, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                        Where did this guy go and how do we get him back?

Dont need him back, we got a much better all around back in the draft in williams ,
                        PL was a beast when his game worked, but limited the offense cause he couldnt block
                        Last edited by arapaho; 07-20-2021, 03:16 PM.
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• I am Waiting to get my #3 Jersey. But hopefully after he does well this season, and signs his extension, I will get my #3 Denver Broncos, Drew Lock Jersey !!!!

Comment

• Another week until training camp starts! As much as I've criticized Lock last year and this offseason-- I'm truly optimistic that he will improve. How much he will actually improve is unknown, but if he (at the very least) is serviceable and turns the ball over less then that is already a significant improvement. The last time he played another season with the same OC, he set passing records in the SEC. It sounds like Lock has been doing all the little things right and necessary to make that jump as a QB this offseason. I'm excited to see how he fares in training camp and preseason.
                            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              Another week until training camp starts! As much as I've criticized Lock last year and this offseason-- I'm truly optimistic that he will improve. How much he will actually improve is unknown, but if he (at the very least) is serviceable and turns the ball over less then that is already a significant improvement. The last time he played another season with the same OC, he set passing records in the SEC. It sounds like Lock has been doing all the little things right and necessary to make that jump as a QB this offseason. I'm excited to see how he fares in training camp and preseason.
                              Drew Lock has been given every conceivable kind of support to help him succeed as a starting QB in the NFL:

~ coaching continuity;

~ a top notch defense;

~ a solid O-Line that can generate a viable rushing attack as well as adequately pass protect;

~ a deep and talented receiver corps including two TEs who can attack the lateral and vertical seam(s) and be red zone threats;

~ a RB corps that can provide balance as well as receive and block;

~ a clear message that, if he can't play mistake-free football, there is a more than adequate and experienced alternative whom he must first beat out in TC/preseason.

Lock has the necessary physical talent to succeed. He must couple that with mastery of the offense from playbook to installation to game plan to practice, and execute it on game day. That will require the increased maturity, work habits and dedication about which we have been hearing during the off-season. It's just about time to put on the pads and hats and get going. Time for Drew to step up. If he can't get it done, it's on him and no one else. BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Drew Lock has been given every conceivable kind of support to help him succeed as a starting QB in the NFL:

~ coaching continuity;

~ a top notch defense;

~ a solid O-Line that can generate a viable rushing attack as well as adequately pass protect;

~ a deep and talented receiver corps including two TEs who can attack the lateral and vertical seam(s) and be red zone threats;

~ a RB corps that can provide balance as well as receive and block;

~ a clear message that, if he can't play mistake-free football, there is a more than adequate and experienced alternative whom he must first beat out in TC/preseason.

Lock has the necessary physical talent to succeed. He must couple that with mastery of the offense from playbook to installation to game plan to practice, and execute it on game day. That will require the increased maturity, work habits and dedication about which we have been hearing during the off-season. It's just about time to put on the pads and hats and get going. Time for Drew to step up. If he can't get it done, it's on him and no one else. BLAM! BLAM!
                                All true. But let's not forget that Locks teammates need to "step up" to help him "step up".
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X