Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sra84
    Lastly, I don't believe in Bridgewater. He's a mediocre backup QB at best. He's not going to get us to the playoffs. Lock is still a little bit of an unknown.....we know what Bridgewater is. That's why the Vikings, Jets, Saints and Panthers gave up on him. He's not even on Ryan Fitzpatrick's level of caliber of journeyman QB.
    ​​​​​
    I don’t think it’s fair to say all those teams gave up on him. The Vikings moved on from him because they had to due to the injury, the Jets signed him to compete with Darnold and were able to flip him after a strong preseason outing, the Saints wanted him back but Teddy wanted to start. The Panthers did give up on him though and I don’t really think that was the right choice so soon. Kind of funny that he’s now been traded twice to clear the way for Sam Darnold. Hopefully it isn’t an omen of what’s to come.

I don’t think TB is terrible, I think he can win you games, he just needs to have a strong group around him and for the most part I think we have that on offense. But the ceiling is capped with TB, whereas with Lock there is no limit physically.

I believe the competition should be based off the Teddy Bridgewater script. We know Bridgewater can’t execute the Lock script, he just doesn’t have that arm talent or even the mobility, but if Lock can break even with Bridgewater on a script tailored to what Bridgewater does well, then why not roll with Lock?

Comment

• Bottom line, this team currently has no plan at QB. Just another year of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks just to get through the 2021 season.... unless they somehow trade for someone like Rodgers or Watson.

​​​​​​PIck a QB and roll with him...

Comment

• The plan at QB is to hope either Lock follows the Josh Allen path or Teddy follows the Rich Gannon path.

We all have our opinions about the paths we are on and the paths that were passed up. I for one am glad we can start seeing results on the field and end the speculation.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I don’t think it’s fair to say all those teams gave up on him. The Vikings moved on from him because they had to due to the injury, the Jets signed him to compete with Darnold and were able to flip him after a strong preseason outing, the Saints wanted him back but Teddy wanted to start. The Panthers did give up on him though and I don’t really think that was the right choice so soon. Kind of funny that he’s now been traded twice to clear the way for Sam Darnold. Hopefully it isn’t an omen of what’s to come.

I don’t think TB is terrible, I think he can win you games, he just needs to have a strong group around him and for the most part I think we have that on offense. But the ceiling is capped with TB, whereas with Lock there is no limit physically.

I believe the competition should be based off the Teddy Bridgewater script. We know Bridgewater can’t execute the Lock script, he just doesn’t have that arm talent or even the mobility, but if Lock can break even with Bridgewater on a script tailored to what Bridgewater does well, then why not roll with Lock?
          What they are going to be competing to do is show they can move the chains, score points and protect the ball. Whoever plays QB best at the end of the preseason games will be the starter. Teddy's weaknesses, as well as Drew's, are the issue here and how they impact on the ability to win games.
          You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post

What they are going to be competing to do is show they can move the chains, score points and protect the ball. Whoever plays QB best at the end of the preseason games will be the starter. Teddy's weaknesses, as well as Drew's, are the issue here and how they impact on the ability to win games.
            Well yes, but they’re opposites in terms of arm talent. You aren’t ever going to ask Bridgewater to throw the ball 40-50 yards down the field often and that’s exactly how games were called for Lock last season. Let them compete by implementing a quick hitting offense. If Lock can beat Bridgewater at that it’ll show that his presnap recognition has improved.

Both QBs are likely going to be on the team so there needs to be some continuity within the offense between the 2 QBs. Since Lock proved he wasn’t ready to stretch the field last season, it only makes sense to embrace the Bridgewater script of high percentage safe plays that maximize RAC rather than air yards. If Lock can do that, maybe he eventually progresses into stretching the field, but until then you have to balance the competition with something they both should be able to do. Otherwise if we continue doing what we did last season neither QB will look good.

Comment

• I really hope Drew gets it together this year and has a great season!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                I really hope Drew gets it together this year and has a great season!

I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Comment

• Season is in Lock hands... I believe it was a mistake not to draft a QB.. let's see

Comment

• Originally posted by orangemane View Post
                    Season is in Lock hands... I believe it was a mistake not to draft a QB.. let's see
                    I am hoping Lock gets it done.

(I hope we don't trade for Jimmy G.)

Comment

• Originally posted by orangemane View Post
                      Season is in Lock hands... I believe it was a mistake not to draft a QB.. let's see
                      Correct huge mistake, trust.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Would they have gone for Justin Fields if they didn't think there was a chance of landing Rodgers? I guess we'll never know.

I think we're good enough to reach the playoffs anyway, whether Drew or Teddy end up as the starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Correct huge mistake, trust.
                          There’s a lot of fans hoping/praying Fields is a bust. Just so this teams FO doesn’t look like complete morons

Comment

• Isn't this the first time in Drew Lock's career he has had the same OC consecutive times?
                            Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

There’s a lot of fans hoping/praying Fields is a bust. Just so this teams FO doesn’t look like complete morons
                              I agree. You don't pass over a qb like that for a cb...with thay def in chi....and Fields ability to run. They get him some wrs and or resting robinson....nice nucleus.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post
                                Isn't this the first time in Drew Lock's career he has had the same OC consecutive times?
                                Yes.......
                                sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X