No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Drew Lock can't beat out TB then he's obviously not the guy.

Comment

• My take is Elway and Paton have built a competitive roster around a young, cheap QB, exactly as they should. They also decided not to go after another young QB this offseason. We all hoped Lock would be further along than he is at this point. He should be handily beating out Teddy, who is definitely a backup. That said, if it's anywhere close, I'd like to see Lock start and either grow and thrive with the team he has around him, or fail and get us a decent draft spot to go after a QB. Teddy starting may win us a few more games if Lock doesn't progress, but also cost us draft spots.

Comment

• At the end of the day, this battle is going to be decided during the preseason games. Generally whoever goes up against the 1s is going to struggle. These joint practices with the Vikings will be very important.

Comment

• Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post

I honestly don't think it's as much of a comp then a way to put Lock on notice and to light a fire under him. I do agree that splitting reps could be a bad thing , but it also could be a positive with Lock . He was handed the starting job last year. We lacked a vet QB in the room.

We all know TB isn't going to take the job from Lock. Lock is more versatile . If he can conjur up some of TB conservative play style just a tad it would help his game . Another thing that would aid our QB is not dropping the ball . We had multiple games last year Lock went down and got the team into position to win, only to have it blown by the D. There were multiple crucial drops that very well could have changed the outcome . Yes , Lock did make some mistakes himself . Let's see if he changes that just like Juedy can catch the ball better.

In camp it looks like Juedy has been tearing it up , it's also noted that Lock has improved .
          If it’s just motivation, what happens when Bridgewater looks better than Lock? How does a new GM sell that to the team? Bridgewater isn’t just a prop, he’s a threat to take the position. Paton didn’t draft Lock, he has no loyalty to him. Lock may have more potential, but “just conjuring a Tom Brady” style of play that coincidentally won Brady 7 Super Bowls for him may not happen for another 5 years.
          Last edited by TheAsianPA; 08-04-2021, 09:15 PM.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I honestly don't think it's as much of a comp then a way to put Lock on notice and to light a fire under him. I do agree that splitting reps could be a bad thing , but it also could be a positive with Lock . He was handed the starting job last year. We lacked a vet QB in the room.

We all know TB isn't going to take the job from Lock. Lock is more versatile . If he can conjur up some of TB conservative play style just a tad it would help his game . Another thing that would aid our QB is not dropping the ball . We had multiple games last year Lock went down and got the team into position to win, only to have it blown by the D. There were multiple crucial drops that very well could have changed the outcome . Yes , Lock did make some mistakes himself . Let's see if he changes that just like Juedy can catch the ball better.

In camp it looks like Juedy has been tearing it up , it's also noted that Lock has improved .
            Lock was not the one and only problem with our Offense last season. Not by a long shot. But, what worries me is that he had another one of those crappy plays in Training Camp recently. They were running a practice session where the team was down by 7 points with something like 2 minutes on the clock and the Offense had to go down and get a TD to 'win' the scenario. Lock threw a pick because he had a brain fart and couldn't decide whether he was running or throwing the ball. I read just a few quotes from him where he described what was going on in his mind at the time. That isn't acceptable. That is a bone headed rookie mistake and he should be past making them. I've seen him do that in games and it's incredibly frustrating, and if he can't knock it off then we need to move on to a different QB.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

If it’s just motivation, what happens when Bridgewater looks better than Lock? How does a new GM sell that to the team? Bridgewater isn’t just a prop, he’s a threat to take the position. Paton didn’t draft Lock, he has no loyalty to him. Lock may have more potential, but “just conjuring a Tom Brady” style of play that coincidentally won Brady 7 Super Bowls for him may not happen for another 5 years.
              Teddy Bridgewater , not Tom Brady. Teddy's ability is known. He's been in the league long enough . If they wanted someone to actually beat lock hands down they would have went with a different Qb.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Lock was not the one and only problem with our Offense last season. Not by a long shot. But, what worries me is that he had another one of those crappy plays in Training Camp recently. They were running a practice session where the team was down by 7 points with something like 2 minutes on the clock and the Offense had to go down and get a TD to 'win' the scenario. Lock threw a pick because he had a brain fart and couldn't decide whether he was running or throwing the ball. I read just a few quotes from him where he described what was going on in his mind at the time. That isn't acceptable. That is a bone headed rookie mistake and he should be past making them. I've seen him do that in games and it's incredibly frustrating, and if he can't knock it off then we need to move on to a different QB.
                Yeah I seen that. I think if we expect him to be flawless we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. All Qbs make mistakes. He just needs to limit them . No better place to learn that then in camp. Apparently his body of work has improved from what is being said in camp. So he's taking the right steps.

Comment

Teddy Bridgewater , not Tom Brady. Teddy's ability is known. He's been in the league long enough . If they wanted someone to actually beat lock hands down they would have went with a different Qb.
                  And whom would that qb be? People seem to think a team just choose a player. The player also has to want to come to Denver. You can also say if they wanted lock to be the all out stater they could have just kept the qbs that they and not bring in a guy with so much experience as an NFL starter.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Drew Lock hasn't proven to be any better than Bridgewater. Paton was in office when they drafted Bridgewater in the first round and saw a winning season with him. You could make a realistic argument that Paton sees more upside in Bridgewater than Lock.

They would have gotten who? They tried literally everyone available that was not B tier. They tried getting Stafford, Rodgers, and Watson, and who knows what else behind the scenes.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• I don't understand why people put so much emphasis on what players and coaches say about player. In the preseason how many time have we heard there

1. Oh I'm in the best friends of my life
                      2. I feel great
                      3. He looks so much different than last year
                      4. I loss about 15lbs
                      5. He is pickup the offense quickly
                      6. I feel good, things are slowing down for me
                      7. I'm very pleased in the direction the team is going
                      8. I'm here to help him out with anything he needs we get along just fine.

Blah blah blah.

You NEVER hear anything negative from the team about no one.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Drew Lock hasn't proven to be any better than Bridgewater. Paton was in office when they drafted Bridgewater in the first round and saw a winning season with him. You could make a realistic argument that Paton sees more upside in Bridgewater than Lock.

They would have gotten who? They tried literally everyone available that was not B tier. They tried getting Stafford, Rodgers, and Watson, and who knows what else behind the scenes.
                        Lock has had flashes that shows his ceiling is higher then Bridgewaters. He just has to put them together and be more consistent. They tried Stafford, but apparently didn't think he was worth the asking price. Rodgers was dead in the water as GB wasn't interested in trading. Watson wasn't a real thought because of all the stuff going on with him.

I'm just against tossing a QB to the trash after 18 games .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          I don't understand why people put so much emphasis on what players and coaches say about player. In the preseason how many time have we heard there

1. Oh I'm in the best friends of my life
                          2. I feel great
                          3. He looks so much different than last year
                          4. I loss about 15lbs
                          5. He is pickup the offense quickly
                          6. I feel good, things are slowing down for me
                          7. I'm very pleased in the direction the team is going
                          8. I'm here to help him out with anything he needs we get along just fine.

Blah blah blah.

You NEVER hear anything negative from the team about no one.

There seems to be a lot of truth to this , i haven’t watched any of those phil milani and atwater youtube videos this year yet as it seems such a love - in you kind of wonder who exactly are they appealing to.

Comment

And whom would that qb be? People seem to think a team just choose a player. The player also has to want to come to Denver. You can also say if they wanted lock to be the all out stater they could have just kept the qbs that they and not bring in a guy with so much experience as an NFL starter.
                            Yeah I see what your saying , but something we lacked was a vet Qb in the room. Bridgewater brings that . Lock will be the starter , and if he struggles then in comes Bridgewater and Locks days are over . Until that happens Locks future is still in his hands , not ours .

Comment

Yeah I see what your saying , but something we lacked was a vet Qb in the room. Bridgewater brings that . Lock will be the starter , and if he struggles then in comes Bridgewater and Locks days are over . Until that happens Locks future is still in his hands , not ours .
                              That is true to a certain point. Lock is preseason, top of the depth chart qb, however if he goes into the these preseason games and stank it up....and B-Dub shine??? It would be very hard pressed for Vic to say he is starting lock season opener.

Comment

That is true to a certain point. Lock is preseason, top of the depth chart qb, however if he goes into the these preseason games and stank it up....and B-Dub shine??? It would be very hard pressed for Vic to say he is starting lock season opener.
                                Yes , agreed . Pre season games is what I'm looking forward to seeing. Remember Orton looked great in practice too.

Comment

Working...
                                X