Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Lock had a poor line at Missouri and his receivers were notorious for dropping balls. He was thrown into action as a true freshman when Mauk went down. Lock improved every year with little to work with. Get him out there and get him as many games possible before end of season.
    We could utilize a run heavy offense with him. There’s no reason to put him out there and throw the ball 30 times a game, especially if the playoffs are out of the picture
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      We could utilize a run heavy offense with him. There’s no reason to put him out there and throw the ball 30 times a game, especially if the playoffs are out of the picture
      We tried that last night and all it got us was a bunch of 1 and 2 yard carries. At some point, we need a QB to be able to threaten a team deep so lanes can open up for Lindsay amd Freeman. Otherwise we're gonna see teams stacking the box week in and week out.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        We could utilize a run heavy offense with him. There’s no reason to put him out there and throw the ball 30 times a game, especially if the playoffs are out of the picture
        Run a balanced offense and add RPO plays. Scangs needs to get Lock on the move for passing to RB/TE. Mix in RPO plays like they’re doing for Lamar Jackson. Lock ran an RPO in preseason and picked up an easy 1st down vs Seattle. He also had a great screen play because he can move fast enough to get away from defenders and has the arm to make a throw that Flacco can’t (Seattle game).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          Lock had a poor line at Missouri and his receivers were notorious for dropping balls. He was thrown into action as a true freshman when Mauk went down. Lock improved every year with little to work with. Get him out there and get him as many games possible before end of season.
          Good point. Dealing with adversity is what NFL QBs do. Lock already experienced some in college.

          Comment


          • Lock to return to practice......

            https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...oncos-practice

            Comment


            • At least with Lock you can get some mobility if the Line Breaks Down Lock can move out and hit a WR

              Comment


              • I think Lock is garbage (as a player, I'm sure he's a wonderful person). Comes from a shotgun only system that looks over to the sideline every play.

                Maybe the Broncos will make a Tebow-esque style of offense that is built just for him. All shotgun and RPO reads. Sounds like fun to watch. If it were all shotgun, it might make a fake pocket by default since Bolles can't help make one without holding.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
                  I think Lock is garbage (as a player, I'm sure he's a wonderful person). Comes from a shotgun only system that looks over to the sideline every play.

                  Maybe the Broncos will make a Tebow-esque style of offense that is built just for him. All shotgun and RPO reads. Sounds like fun to watch. If it were all shotgun, it might make a fake pocket by default since Bolles can't help make one without holding.
                  I think Lock is an unknown at this point. I assume you're hoping for a different QB in the draft?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
                    I think Lock is garbage (as a player, I'm sure he's a wonderful person). Comes from a shotgun only system that looks over to the sideline every play.

                    Maybe the Broncos will make a Tebow-esque style of offense that is built just for him. All shotgun and RPO reads. Sounds like fun to watch. If it were all shotgun, it might make a fake pocket by default since Bolles can't help make one without holding.
                    He might be but they absolutely have to play him once he gets back. Denver will have a top pick this year and they need to know if that pick is going to be 100% a QB pick or if they can entertain other options.

                    Comment


                    • The great thing about having Lock is it isn't a completely lost season like last year. We can find out if he can play or not
                      sigpic

                      2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                      Comment


                      • We need a change, throw him in there, let him throw picks, struggle a bit and learn.
                        Peyton set the interception record in his rookie year.
                        There Shouldn't be much pressure on him the rest of this year.
                        So why not?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          We need a change, throw him in there, let him throw picks, struggle a bit and learn.
                          Peyton set the interception record in his rookie year.
                          There Shouldn't be much pressure on him the rest of this year.
                          So why not?
                          Precisely, why not? This season is over, so let’s get a youth movement going and start assessing for this upcoming offseason. Even if Lock doesn’t look great, it will still give us something interesting to watch and root for. This is not a playoff team, so let’s get our young buck out there and see what we got.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                            Precisely, why not? This season is over, so let’s get a youth movement going and start assessing for this upcoming offseason. Even if Lock doesn’t look great, it will still give us something interesting to watch and root for. This is not a playoff team, so let’s get our young buck out there and see what we got.
                            Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            We need a change, throw him in there, let him throw picks, struggle a bit and learn.
                            Peyton set the interception record in his rookie year.
                            There Shouldn't be much pressure on him the rest of this year.
                            So why not?
                            If we did that behind this offensive line, we’d only be turning him into Trevor Siemian, Joe Flacco, Case Keenum.

                            QBs that feel pressure when it isn’t there.

                            Remember Tim Couch, David Carr, Akili Smith, Matt Leinart? Guess we are the new browns.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • The offensive line might try harder for the kid. They may not like Joe Flacco and they might like seeing him get squished.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                If we did that behind this offensive line, we’d only be turning him into Trevor Siemian, Joe Flacco, Case Keenum.

                                QBs that feel pressure when it isn’t there.

                                Remember Tim Couch, David Carr, Akili Smith, Matt Leinart? Guess we are the new browns.
                                I get what you’re saying, but iI personally don’t think waiting to fix the o-line is the best option. I mean, do we just stick with Flacco for a couple more years and hide Lock on the bench until we feel all comfy cozy?

                                I agree the o-line is bad, but I’m officially bored with the bridge QB approach.

                                If the kid comes in and can’t show any sign of being a starting level QB and becomes completely shell shocked due to the line, then maybe he isn’t the guy anyway.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X