Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

    I am one of the few people to get past the Tebow hype and see him for the value he added to our team. Like other quality players on the Broncos I also liked Tebow and what he added. He was flawed as a QB tho. He was never going to win a Ring in the NFL at QB.

    Siemian may have been the worst QB I have ever seen play QB in person. He knows I think he is a fake QB. He had better ability than Tebow but he executed some of the worst QB play I have ever seen in the NFL. It would be interesting to have one of the NFL great QB breakdown people look at what happened to Siemian between 2016 and 2017. I remember two completely different QBs but the QB he is today does not belong in the NFL imo
    Siemian between 2016 and 2017 might have been the same as Jake Plummer between 2005 and 2006 or the reverse of Peyton between 2014 and 2015. Kubes was a tremendous coach and was especally great at mitigating weaknesses.

    My issue with Lock is that he does not seem to learn and improve at a pace that is close to accepable, and that is what a young QB needs to do.

    It is funny to see the crowd that wets their pants over Justin Fields when Mac Jones at this stage is head and shoulders above.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Allen C View Post

      Allen was a serious project and buffalo had the perfect guy for it in Daboll. Allen was terrible in college and his first 2 years in the NFL. Without Daboll to develop Allen he would still be the same inaccurate but athletic QB that can't win games.
      How was a former TE’s coach in Brian Daboll the perfect guy to develop Allen? I guess it’s all coaching when guy the size of Allen can leap over a Chiefs player like he’s not even there. Daboll must be a wizard.

      Comment


      • It's not like TB is doing so great, he looked ok at times, but its not like he is a Great QB. TB is just OK.
        It's a shame that we continue to draft quarterbacks and don't really give them the appropriate time to mature. I Believe it takes at least 2 years, two full seasons, before you get all willy-nilly and put them on the bench. You got to take your lumps with your young QB.
        (IF) you really are dedicated and going to try and develop a rookie QB.
        https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

        Comment


        • I don't know if Drew Lock could ever be the "Guy", but I KNOW Teddy isn't. I'm not interested in holding water for Teddy two gloves while we go around .500 and learn nothing and develop no one.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • The gaslighting on Josh Allen is ridiculous. Fans saying there wasn’t any evidence of his potential or he was terrible in college is laughable. The Broncos missed on a great QB. That’s it.
            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-12-2021, 06:50 AM.

            Comment


            • What’s laughable is people pretending there weren’t legitimate reasons to not draft Josh Allen.

              The Broncos didn’t draft him just like they didn’t draft Tom Brady or any other potentially great quarterback they could have drafted. Get over it. They can’t be faulted for it.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                The gaslighting on Josh Allen is ridiculous. Fans saying there wasn’t any evidence of his potential or he was terrible in college is laughable. The Broncos missed on a great QB. That’s it.
                Just like Mahomes and Herbert, he was viewed as pretty boom-or-bust coming out of college. He definitely had great upside as a prospect with his obvious physical tools and insane arm talent, I think what people were knocking was his decision-making and accuracy because his completion percentage was poor. Then again, he was at Wyoming and they don’t have any WRs in the NFL for a reason. He has developed well in Buffalo and they steadily built around him.
                https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                  Just like Mahomes and Herbert, he was viewed as pretty boom-or-bust coming out of college. He definitely had great upside as a prospect with his obvious physical tools and insane arm talent, I think what people were knocking was his decision-making and accuracy because his completion percentage was poor. Then again, he was at Wyoming and they don’t have any WRs in the NFL for a reason. He has developed well in Buffalo and they steadily built around him.
                  I’m on board with this line of thought.

                  Allen did what so few quarterbacks, if any, have done and that’s improved his accuracy from college. Maybe part of it is that he’s throwing to NFL caliber receivers now. It is, however, understandable that the Broncos passed on him. I don’t think I would have complained if they had drafted him. I don’t know if Vance Joseph and Bill Musgrave would have been the guys to help him succeed though.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                  Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    What’s laughable is people pretending there weren’t legitimate reasons to not draft Josh Allen.

                    The Broncos didn’t draft him just like they didn’t draft Tom Brady or any other potentially great quarterback they could have drafted. Get over it. They can’t be faulted for it.
                    Walking back previous comment with a revision is understandable.

                    Comment


                    • It's getting a little off topic, but here is the Josh Allen thread on this very board. Interesting to see what people had to say in the lead-up to the draft. I personally thought he was going to be a bust, but I also thought Mahomes, Lock, and Herbert would be busts as well (3/4? Too early?). I've since reevaluated how I study QB prospects.
                      https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

                      Comment


                      • Allen’s arm is incredible. There’s not an inch of the field that the defense doesn’t have to defend.

                        Comment


                        • Unless Bridgewater is injured, Lock gets another shot and performs well over the rest of the season his days are numbered in Denver. Not a bad use of a 2nd rd pick to see if he could be an NFL quarterback.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                            It's getting a little off topic, but here is the Josh Allen thread on this very board. Interesting to see what people had to say in the lead-up to the draft. I personally thought he was going to be a bust, but I also thought Mahomes, Lock, and Herbert would be busts as well (3/4? Too early?). I've since reevaluated how I study QB prospects.
                            Wow, the bad takes in there, lol

                            Comment


                            • I kinda liked Allen in college. I thought he went to school out west and thought he would be a good fit in Denver.
                              https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                                It's getting a little off topic, but here is the Josh Allen thread on this very board. Interesting to see what people had to say in the lead-up to the draft. I personally thought he was going to be a bust, but I also thought Mahomes, Lock, and Herbert would be busts as well (3/4? Too early?). I've since reevaluated how I study QB prospects.
                                This.


                                This is a Lock thread. I understand how conversations wander, but throw in some Lock in the posts.

                                Oh, and thread cleaned.
                                Administrator

                                Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                                Lupus Awareness

                                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X