No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get back on track, Drew Lock can work on his dancing, when he is not sitting on the bench!!!!

Comment

• I'm a Drew Lock fan. He says and does all the right things and by all accounts is a good teammate. But he's running out of opportunities. The next time he gets a chance, he has to play well. I personally feel he has all the attributes of being a good NFL QB, except he's had terrible coaching his entire college and pro career and I'm not sure he's good enough to over-come that handicap. I believe if Lock had been drafted and developed by Mike Shanahan, we'd see a much different QB. But in reality, he's in the situation he's in, and he has to prove he's good NOW despite the situation. It's now all about results.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
        I'm a Drew Lock fan. He says and does all the right things and by all accounts is a good teammate. But he's running out of opportunities. The next time he gets a chance, he has to play well. I personally feel he has all the attributes of being a good NFL QB, except he's had terrible coaching his entire college and pro career and I'm not sure he's good enough to over-come that handicap. I believe if Lock had been drafted and developed by Mike Shanahan, we'd see a much different QB. But in reality, he's in the situation he's in, and he has to prove he's good NOW despite the situation. It's now all about results.
        I too am/was a Lock fan but, isn't it possible that his short comings from every year of his past HS career can start to be attributed to his actual skill set at this point? as opposed to "terrible coaching"? Lock just doesn't look to be NFL quality and that shouldn't be a shock as he was considered a project QB.

Comment

• Drew Lock's challenge is in the area of post-snap decision-making. He probably has an adequate command of the playbook and understands the weekly plan which reps some of the playbook. He most likely studies enough video to recognize the front and coverage D presents pre-snap. NFL defenses often change their look while the QB is calling signals to put the ball in play, or post-snap. Not sure how well he does checking from pass to run or run to pass given the look. Sometimes he either forces a throw or holds the ball too long which may indicate problems with the speed of processing what he sees. It is quite possible that will improve with experience. He does excel in play-action passes which would be a good offense for him.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Drew Lock's challenge is in the area of post-snap decision-making. He probably has an adequate command of the playbook and understands the weekly plan which reps some of the playbook. He most likely studies enough video to recognize the front and coverage D presents pre-snap. NFL defenses often change their look while the QB is calling signals to put the ball in play, or post-snap. Not sure how well he does checking from pass to run or run to pass given the look. Sometimes he either forces a throw or holds the ball too long which may indicate problems with the speed of processing what he sees. It is quite possible that will improve with experience. He does excel in play-action passes which would be a good offense for him.
            To add to this great post, not everyone learns to process information the same, or learns the same. You can watch videos all day long on how to drive a car, and how other people drive their car to predict their movement, but at some point you gotta get behind the wheel.
            ​​​​​​
            he's running out of opportunities because he keeps crashing the car.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I too am/was a Lock fan but, isn't it possible that his short comings from every year of his past HS career can start to be attributed to his actual skill set at this point? as opposed to "terrible coaching"? Lock just doesn't look to be NFL quality and that shouldn't be a shock as he was considered a project QB.
              Yes, it's possible. I stated my opinion, not every possibility. What I've seen is a QB that plays much better in the WCO than he has at other times. Isn't it also possible if Lock had a real QB guru coach like Mike Shanahan or Andy Reid we'd see a much better player? It's also possible that it's BOTH, Lock doesn't have the skills and has had bad coaching. Or Lock doesn't have the skills and is getting great coaching, which IMO is the least likely possibility.

Comment

Working...
              X