Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I agree....please start lock....no more Teddy. I'm sure we will more than likely lose with either but a better draft pick would be great!!!! Bring on Lock and bring your ints with you.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Personally, I would rather lose with Lock than lose with Teddy.

Teddy is boring...Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Teddy boy had his chance we are 5 and 5 not that great. Put the kid in there.
        Aye aye capn
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I am ready for Lock.

I think best chance to win with Teddy very similar to how I think of it with Orton,

Would take Tebow over Teddy at this point.
          Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            I am ready for Lock.

I think best chance to win with Teddy very similar to how I think of it with Orton,

Would take Tebow over Teddy at this point.
            I fail to see that there is a comparison between Lock and Tebow in anything else than they have played too little to be sure of the potential and they had less than ideal situations going into their 2nd year and had both given us reason to hope in their rookie seasons.

Lock is a showboating QB that has had all management behind him and who has failed to win consistently. Lock like Paxton Lynch and Cutler did seems uninterested and does not seem to take responsibility. Lock has a lot of arm talent which Tebow was said not to have. Tebow was 100% about the team and great at making players give more than they thought possible, and Lock is the opposite.

Lock in many ways has more talent but his drive is marginal. Tebow learned - Lock does not seem to.
            We need a Tebow type player but we don't have one!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I fail to see that there is a comparison between Lock and Tebow in anything else than they have played too little to be sure of the potential and they had less than ideal situations going into their 2nd year and had both given us reason to hope in their rookie seasons.

Lock is a showboating QB that has had all management behind him and who has failed to win consistently. Lock like Paxton Lynch and Cutler did seems uninterested and does not seem to take responsibility. Lock has a lot of arm talent which Tebow was said not to have. Tebow was 100% about the team and great at making players give more than they thought possible, and Lock is the opposite.

Lock in many ways has more talent but his drive is marginal. Tebow learned - Lock does not seem to.
              There’s no comparison between Cutler and Lock. Lock never acted or shown any inclination of being disinterested.
              Tebow never learned, if he was capable of learning he would still be our QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

There’s no comparison between Cutler and Lock. Lock never acted or shown any inclination of being disinterested.
                The Broncos made the right call moving on from Tebow, and I loved a bunch of things about him. He didn't go become a world beater anywhere else either. No other previous QB we have started, outside of Trevor Simiens few nice starts this year and Case Keenum's 1 night to shine against us this year gives me any indication we have brought in solid development QB's or Veterans since Manning's retirement. Cutler was very talented but didn't ever become elite, and yes I think he never learned to overcome the big arm doesn't always get you by syndrome. He was disinterested at improving in Denver and Chicago. Lock might look disinterested on the sideline but not very many Backup QB's are highly engaged in team leadership. He came across as weird in his celebrations and maybe a little too macho given our record, but he did seem to have a little fire and competiveness last year and in 2019. He looked awful against Baltimore, that could have been coaching, but he did looked overwhelmed.

Comment

What we need is Tebow's energy and drive. That paired with a QB with passing game skills and some moblilty and you have a winner.

Comment

Lock in many ways has more talent but his drive is marginal.
                    I'm not buying this I heard nothing but Lock being there early and working through it. When the NFL players were throwing tantrums about COVID in April and skipping voluntary practices, Lock was there with the 20 Broncos actually willing to work out, while the rest of the team took a siesta/fiesta (how quickly that one was forgotten). He was there with Peyton over the summer. He has said nothing negative about Teddy, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

I'm not buying this I heard nothing but Lock being there early and working through it. When the NFL players were throwing tantrums about COVID in April and skipping voluntary practices, Lock was there with the 20 Broncos actually willing to work out, while the rest of the team took a siesta/fiesta (how quickly that one was forgotten). He was there with Peyton over the summer. He has said nothing negative about Teddy, either.
                      Have to agree with this. Maybe Lock is not good enough. That seems to be the view of the FO, although others disagree. However, from all reports his work rate and dedication to improve are exemplary.

Comment

• I would have preferred they stuck with the Lock/Scangs combo. I can’t guarantee it would have worked out better, but it looked promising at the time and it was a chance to move into the modern era with a young, promising duo. Unfortunately, it was obvious Vic did not care for Scangs and we got we we got.

I don’t give Lock a free pass. He didn’t do enough to win everyone over and he ended up on the bench. I personally thought the preseason competition was pretty much even, but the edge went to Teddy because he is a “safe vet” and that is what the coaching staff favored.

Maybe Lock wouldn’t have developed at all. I personally think he would have and would probably be better than Teddy. We’ll never know.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Please quit with the QB comparisons....meaningless....use the next two weeks to prep Lock for the Sparklers at Denver

It would be Locks final attempt to go from a zero to a hero even if the play call is asinine. What's to lose other than another game.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I’m not a defender of Lock but he should be starting after Teddy’s embarrassing total lack of effort and cowardice last Sunday. Lock would at least give the chance to change the dynamic. Williams should also start over Gordon and Tom McMahon should be fired.

The problem is that Fangio already said he won’t make any changes - 2 wins in 7 games is enough to satisfy Fangio.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

The Broncos made the right call moving on from Tebow, and I loved a bunch of things about him. He didn't go become a world beater anywhere else either. No other previous QB we have started, outside of Trevor Simiens few nice starts this year and Case Keenum's 1 night to shine against us this year gives me any indication we have brought in solid development QB's or Veterans since Manning's retirement. Cutler was very talented but didn't ever become elite, and yes I think he never learned to overcome the big arm doesn't always get you by syndrome. He was disinterested at improving in Denver and Chicago. Lock might look disinterested on the sideline but not very many Backup QB's are highly engaged in team leadership. He came across as weird in his celebrations and maybe a little too macho given our record, but he did seem to have a little fire and competiveness last year and in 2019. He looked awful against Baltimore, that could have been coaching, but he did looked overwhelmed.
                              Signing Manning and letting Tebow go was right for the Broncos. Tebow as a backup to Manning as many of his non football fans wanted would have been wrong on all counts - he would have been awfull as a Scout QB helping the defense getting ready for ex Tom Brady.

We will never know what could have been with Tebow, but chances are not great that 2012-15 could have gone better. I would have loved giving him a chance in 2016 under Kubes though, as he would have learned so much more than under Fox/McCoy. Sad that we have not evert been able to replicate that magic run by a young flawed QB that had potential to improve.

Unfortunately it with our current crop of QBs there is nothing that gives hope of deep playoff runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                I’m not a defender of Lock but he should be starting after Teddy’s embarrassing total lack of effort and cowardice last Sunday. Lock would at least give the chance to change the dynamic. Williams should also start over Gordon and Tom McMahon should be fired.

The problem is that Fangio already said he won’t make any changes - 2 wins in 7 games is enough to satisfy Fangio.
                                As a defensive minded QB he would never play a young QB. He will only play a vet. He was forced to play Lock before which is why he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X