This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

As a defensive minded QB he would never play a young QB. He will only play a vet. He was forced to play Lock before which is why he did.
    He should have been fired at that point. Our entire offense was built on the premise that Lock would be the starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Our entire offense was built on the premise that Lock would be the starter.
      Well, considering who the OC is, this isn’t accurate.

Shurmur wants to force a square peg into a round hole. He didn’t build an offense around Lock.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Shurmur wants to force a square peg into a round hole. He didn’t build an offense around Lock.
        It's obvious that nobody that makes the decisions is invested in Lock anymore.

Comment

As a defensive minded QB he would never play a young QB. He will only play a vet. He was forced to play Lock before which is why he did.
          Which is why his career as a head coach will end soon and will have been in his first and only HC job. He isn’t willing to change the status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Personnel wise it was built for Lock. Fangio is just a idiot and wasted it. Problem is we have a coaching staff trying to force the players into a system when they should be changing system to fit the players they have.

Comment

• Drew Lock has won more games for the Denver Broncos than Teddy Bridgewater.

Comment

• I think Drew has handled being benched pretty good!

Comment

Whilst this seems to make logical sense, remind me again who Bill Belichick is starting in NE?

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Whilst this seems to make logical sense, remind me again who Bill Belichick is starting in NE?
                    Is it Pat Surtain?
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      Drew Lock has won more games for the Denver Broncos than Teddy Bridgewater.
                      Is that really relevant? He won 5 in his first season, when many of us liked him.....and then?

I guess you could say that about any future starter, until they play enough games to pass him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Is that really relevant? He won 5 in his first season, when many of us liked him.....and then?

I guess you could say that about any future starter, until they play enough games to pass him.
                        I still like him. Because of those first 5 games…

Can we find a coach that can harness the talent we know is there? Or do we stick with Shurmur for one more year and never find out? That’s the only question I have at this point. If we make no change at OC this offseason, it really won’t matter who we have at QB next year.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

I still like him. Because of those first 5 games…

Can we find a coach that can harness the talent we know is there? Or do we stick with Shurmur for one more year and never find out? That’s the only question I have at this point. If we make no change at OC this offseason, it really won’t matter who we have at QB next year.
                          I was totally behind him after those first 5 games.

And he may still be a starter. But last year seemed to show a different type of guy. Not really focused in my opinion.

But I am quite ok if they start him this season....anytime. Lets give him another shot. It will be up to him to show some progress, no matter the OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Drew Lock has won more games for the Denver Broncos than Teddy Bridgewater.
                            and he's lost more than twice as many. Neither is going to carry the Broncos back to the division title most likely. But Brett Rypien is undefeated as a Broncos Starter. There's the answer!

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

and he's lost more than twice as many. Neither is going to carry the Broncos back to the division title most likely. But Brett Rypien is undefeated as a Broncos Starter. There's the answer!
                              What he said.

Comment

• Here is why Drew should start the rest of the way.

It dosnt seem either of these 2 are gonna be here next year. Teddy will be a free agent and Drew Lock will probably be traded away.

Drews trade value right now is close to nothing. If he starts and fails it is still close to nothing. However, if he starts and has even some success, then he has increased his trade value even if only a little bit.

A little bit is better than the nothing we have now.

Start Drew Lock.
                                sigpic
                                AMPIPE

Comment

Working...
                                X