Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems the coaches and organization have been really clear. Bridgewater is starting.

At this point I have no clue how to evaluate Lock. But the message is clear, he will not be playing.

Over the summer I was definitely thinking Lock should be the starter. Bridgewater is pretty much what I expected and he has been most of his career. A solid backup.

The narrative on Lock is he is not ready or very good. I thought he showed more upside, but I’m not in the mtgs, practices or locker room. I still wonder if his teammates think as lowly of him as the coaches. Is Lock really as incompetent as some keep claiming?

The biggest issue in my opinion is the offense they run and the playcalling. He lost the job because he was not Bridgewater. In my warped opinion it is like expecting a racehorse to be a draft horse. Then judging the race horse on his ability to pull the wagon. Yet never expecting the draft horse to run a race. Who is better in their role? Or better in the other’s role. I am not even saying a champion race horse, just a different type of horse.

I watch other games and see or hear how the systems and playcalling suit the young QBs. Great example would be McDaniels and Jones. How the OC puts the QB in the best position to make positive plays. I would argue that Shurmur isn’t even doing that for Bridgewater but certainly not for Lock.

Unless this dysfunctional organization makes another reactionary decision to fire Fangio later in the season, he will be the HC. If Fangio is the HC, Bridgewater will be starting. I’ve accepted this and the very mediocre results expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Seems the coaches and organization have been really clear. Bridgewater is starting.

At this point I have no clue how to evaluate Lock. But the message is clear, he will not be playing.

Over the summer I was definitely thinking Lock should be the starter. Bridgewater is pretty much what I expected and he has been most of his career. A solid backup.

The narrative on Lock is he is not ready or very good. I thought he showed more upside, but I’m not in the mtgs, practices or locker room. I still wonder if his teammates think as lowly of him as the coaches. Is Lock really as incompetent as some keep claiming?

The biggest issue in my opinion is the offense they run and the playcalling. He lost the job because he was not Bridgewater. In my warped opinion it is like expecting a racehorse to be a draft horse. Then judging the race horse on his ability to pull the wagon. Yet never expecting the draft horse to run a race. Who is better in their role? Or better in the other’s role. I am not even saying a champion race horse, just a different type of horse.

I watch other games and see or hear how the systems and playcalling suit the young QBs. Great example would be McDaniels and Jones. How the OC puts the QB in the best position to make positive plays. I would argue that Shurmur isn’t even doing that for Bridgewater but certainly not for Lock.

Unless this dysfunctional organization makes another reactionary decision to fire Fangio later in the season, he will be the HC. If Fangio is the HC, Bridgewater will be starting. I’ve accepted this and the very mediocre results expected.
      You are exactly where I am.

Great post
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• How many starts will it take for everyone to realize that Teddy will not be any better than he's always been?

There's no upside for Teddy....What you see is what you get.....This fact has been proven over his career.

What? Did you think he was going to come to Denver and makes us a playoff contender?

Besides his average skills, he isn't a leader...Never has been.

That what's our offense is lacking at this point....A leader....A field General.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
          How many starts will it take for everyone to realize that Teddy will not be any better than he's always been?

There's no upside for Teddy....What you see is what you get.....This fact has been proven over his career.

What? Did you think he was going to come to Denver and makes us a playoff contender?

Besides his average skills, he isn't a leader...Never has been.

That what's our offense is lacking at this point....A leader....A field General.
          We're about to see one this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

We're about to see one this weekend.
            Our week 1 starting QB next year

Comment

Hope so, showed what he can do against a team that had to win and will probably be in SB
              sigpic

Comment

I can't hate. Drew looked pretty decent today. 3 games in a two no TO. That's an improvement can't lie. But to sat he is our next year starter going 0-3 down the stretch avg 16 pts per game???? Na can't say that.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Lock played well today.
                  Idk if its enough.

If we dont land a legit starter this offseason, I guess we can roll with him.
                  all itll amount to is ANOTHER losing season.

That seems to be our standard now a days.
                  ceiling is .500

Yeah I want better then that.
                  :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

• We literally didn't win a single game in which Lock got on the field this year and y'all are ready to crown him starter?

Our QB for next year isn't on the roster.

EDIT:
                    Actually, he did briefly get into the Chargers win. So we were 1-5 in games in which Lock attempted a pass this year.
                    Last edited by famicommander; 01-08-2022, 04:40 PM.
                    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                      We literally didn't win a single game in which Lock got on the field this year and y'all are ready to crown him starter?

This....I'm hoping that a new Qb is coming and won't be sad to see Lock go back to backup or out right released.
                      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                        We literally didn't win a single game in which Lock got on the field this year and y'all are ready to crown him starter?

He almost singlehandedly won the game today against a team we have no business being in the same building with. Some of you guys act like Lock has been around for a decade and should be as good as Peyton by now.

How about we stop the QB carousel and actually try to develop someone that has actual ability…
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I agree completely. Outside of Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers (yeah, right), it just makes sense. Glad to see him finally get a chance.

Comment

• The last 3 games imo Lock showed why he should have been the starter this year.

Another on the many list of failed coaching moves in 2021
                            Lets Ride!

Comment

• hope he has a great CFL career

Comment

• He looked pretty decent???? WTF!!! I want a QB that looks awesome...
                                nah nah nah nah hey hey hey good bye!!
                                let’s open the checkbook for a couple seasons with Aaron Rogers, draft a more than decent(we want more than decent) QB for the future 2 work a couple seasons under Rogers!
                                long time fan here that’s soooooo done ! Need fresh blood!!

Comment

Working...
                                X