This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

He almost singlehandedly won the game today against a team we have no business being in the same building with. Some of you guys act like Lock has been around for a decade and should be as good as Peyton by now.

How about we stop the QB carousel and actually try to develop someone that has actual ability…
    He completed 50% of his passes for under 7 YPA and we lost.

He's not accurate. He's never been accurate. He's never going to be accurate.

He finished the season with 2 passing TD, 2 INT, 2 rushing TD, and 2 fumbles in 6 games.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• One last thing because it'll be brought up to death. Is the goal not committing turnovers or winning the game? It's winning the game 0-3 and to be frank a qb should be playing turnover free football but the goal is also to win the game. Now Lock would need to figure out how to win these games where he takes care of the football but I don't feel like wasting 2 years while he figures out how to do that. I'm not saying Lock lost us the game today he played good by his standards but he also botched some red zone attempts where he could have made a difference. Lock is not a starter he's a good backup and we need more out of the qb position. I've said my peace ill read but won't comment further season over time to look ahead to changes. All of Brincos country you all be safe and go broncos!
      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
        One last thing because it'll be brought up to death. Is the goal not committing turnovers or winning the game? It's winning the game 0-3 and to be frank a qb should be playing turnover free football but the goal is also to win the game. Now Lock would need to figure out how to win these games where he takes care of the football but I don't feel like wasting 2 years while he figures out how to do that. I'm not saying Lock lost us the game today he played good by his standards but he also botched some red zone attempts where he could have made a difference. Lock is not a starter he's a good backup and we need more out of the qb position. I've said my peace ill read but won't comment further season over time to look ahead to changes. All of Brincos country you all be safe and go broncos!
        Alright moronyearound, what are you doing next season when Lock is the starter?

Comment

• Adio's Amigo, good luck next year.

Comment

• In the end I think the writing's on the wall. This game was not bad for Lock. The TD runs were a real positive. Passing was so so.

Not his fault, but in 3 plus games he did not produce a W. I don't measure QBs only on that stat, but it's what they're expected to do. We are not The Jags or The Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
              One last thing because it'll be brought up to death. Is the goal not committing turnovers or winning the game? It's winning the game 0-3 and to be frank a qb should be playing turnover free football but the goal is also to win the game. Now Lock would need to figure out how to win these games where he takes care of the football but I don't feel like wasting 2 years while he figures out how to do that. I'm not saying Lock lost us the game today he played good by his standards but he also botched some red zone attempts where he could have made a difference. Lock is not a starter he's a good backup and we need more out of the qb position. I've said my peace ill read but won't comment further season over time to look ahead to changes. All of Brincos country you all be safe and go broncos!
              Well, all the people that seem to dislike Lock we’re complaining he shouldn’t be allowed to start because he’s a turnover machine. Didn’t turn the ball over at all in his 3 starts.

Now the complaint is “he didn’t win,” because Melvin Gordon literally handed the ball away as we were about to go up 2 scores on a team that may very well end up being the #1 seed in the AFC this year.

That’s also a team we haven’t beaten in the 12 previous tries.

That’s also the team that blew us out of the water last time we met.

And Lock nearly beat them, despite not having the best day throwing the ball. Despite Gordon giving the game away. Despite the defense not getting off the field most of the game.

Today was a gritty performance from Lock, and we know that’s not even him at his best. Kid has room to grow and it would be a mistake to assume he’s a finished product at this point.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Why do any of you think AAron Rodgers wants to come to Denver, or even Russel Wilson ? I'm just saying that Drew still has a year on his rookie contract and has shown he can learn and progress. I admit....he did not win any of the last three games, But.....if we draft a Tackle in the first round, a Guard in the second round and in Free agency get us a top tier Center......and get a running back that will not fumble in crucial moments, we'll be alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  In the end I think the writing's on the wall. This game was not bad for Lock. The TD runs were a real positive. Passing was so so.

Not his fault, but in 3 plus games he did not produce a W. I don't measure QBs only on that stat, but it's what they're expected to do. We are not The Jags or The Lions.

sure bout that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    In the end I think the writing's on the wall. This game was not bad for Lock. The TD runs were a real positive. Passing was so so.

These games were losses before the season started.
                    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                      Why do any of you think AAron Rodgers wants to come to Denver, or even Russel Wilson ? I'm just saying that Drew still has a year on his rookie contract and has shown he can learn and progress. I admit....he did not win any of the last three games, But.....if we draft a Tackle in the first round, a Guard in the second round and in Free agency get us a top tier Center......and get a running back that will not fumble in crucial moments, we'll be alright.
                      If they wanna come here lets go all in!!!! If not give Lock 2022
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                        [/B]

sure bout that ?
                        Oh yes I am. 7 wins trumps 2 or 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

These games were losses before the season started.
                          That's not how I approach games. Some are harder, but it's not exactly a mail in set of standings. There's a saying you've heard...that's why they play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                            He completed 50% of his passes for under 7 YPA and we lost.

He's not accurate. He's never been accurate. He's never going to be accurate.

He finished the season with 2 passing TD, 2 INT, 2 rushing TD, and 2 fumbles in 6 games.
                            Jake got us to the afc championship...we had plenty of garbage since the snake you couldn't think of anyone else smh

Comment

• Lock played another good game. Put more good film out there for 31 other teams. Can’t win games with guys like Okwuegbunam whiffing a block and Gordon doing his fumble routine at the end of a game.

I think the odds are higher he finishes his four years in Denver. He has a future in the league either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Well, all the people that seem to dislike Lock we’re complaining he shouldn’t be allowed to start because he’s a turnover machine. Didn’t turn the ball over at all in his 3 starts.

Now the complaint is “he didn’t win,” because Melvin Gordon literally handed the ball away as we were about to go up 2 scores on a team that may very well end up being the #1 seed in the AFC this year.

That’s also a team we haven’t beaten in the 12 previous tries.

That’s also the team that blew us out of the water last time we met.

And Lock nearly beat them, despite not having the best day throwing the ball. Despite Gordon giving the game away. Despite the defense not getting off the field most of the game.

Today was a gritty performance from Lock, and we know that’s not even him at his best. Kid has room to grow and it would be a mistake to assume he’s a finished product at this point.
                                Meh, I highly doubt a new coach, new OC, and a GM with absolutely no attachment will be as seduced as some fans by the last 3 games. The resume is out there. Heck, even if Fangio somehow survives, I doubt he will want anything to do with Drew.

Comment

Working...
                                X