Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I like lock ....in last 6 year he is only qb willing to throw the ball down the field...I enjoy watch qb willing to take chances
    Last edited by Tyecos98; 01-08-2022, 05:24 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

      Meh, I highly doubt a new coach, new OC, and a GM with absolutely no attachment will be as seduced as some fans by the last 3 games. The resume is out there. Heck, even if Fangio somehow survives, I doubt he will want anything to do with Drew.
      Not really up to the next coach. Paton decides who’s on the roster. Obviously the coach will get input, but whether Lock is here and the best option we have come week 1 next year is wholly dependent on the moves Paton makes.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

      Comment


      • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
        Why do any of you think AAron Rodgers wants to come to Denver, or even Russel Wilson ? I'm just saying that Drew still has a year on his rookie contract and has shown he can learn and progress. I admit....he did not win any of the last three games, But.....if we draft a Tackle in the first round, a Guard in the second round and in Free agency get us a top tier Center......and get a running back that will not fumble in crucial moments, we'll be alright.
        Ok we have Williams running the ball...do u watch broncos

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

          Not really up to the next coach. Paton decides who’s on the roster. Obviously the coach will get input, but whether Lock is here and the best option we have come week 1 next year is wholly dependent on the moves Paton makes.
          True, but he has no attachment to Drew, and even brought in his replacement. That gives me some idea that he will do the same thing again. And if he's going to try and acquire a quality coach and OC, who the QB is will be a talking point.

          Comment


          • It's 2022, hire someone who knows how to run an offense from this millenia and let's roll with Lock! In Drew I trust. Screw the haters
            Last edited by TripleD; 01-08-2022, 05:39 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

              True, but he has no attachment to Drew, and even brought in his replacement. That gives me some idea that he will do the same thing again. And if he's going to try and acquire a quality coach and OC, who the QB is will be a talking point.
              He brought in competition because Lock played poorly enough last year that Paton saw the Broncos may have needed another option at QB. In no way was Teddy replacing Lock though. And no way will he next year…
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                That's not how I approach games. Some are harder, but it's not exactly a mail in set of standings. There's a saying you've heard...that's why they play the game.
                Well, all I know is I had us going 8-9 (with Teddy starting the season), and I was 14-3 in my pre-season predictions. I thought we would take 1 against the Raiders, win against the Eagles, and lose to the Cowboys. Not to mention we were the underdog in all of the final 3 games. So too act like those loses were somehow on Drew is a little silly, especially since he was our best player in those 3 games.

                I admire your optimism, but we had next to no chance of winning these last three games unless the coaching staff took a chance on letting Drew develop, and potentially having his breakout year.
                Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                sigpic

                Comment


                • Lock played an ok game. It wasn't spectacular, heck, the offensive line and RBs are why we were so successful. He was 50% completion on the game for a whopping 162 yards. Yes, he made some really good plays with his legs. They were heads up and game changing.

                  He gets props for that, but, when he has to come from behind he's a different QB. He locks on receivers and forces things. The one bad play where he forced it Patrick is what he does. JJ was wise open, he doesn't go through progressions.

                  He did earlier in the game because he had a lead and the game is easy when you have a lead. When he has to come from behind he forces things. If he would have taken 1 second to find read number 2 he would of scored. But, that's not what he does. When pressure is on he panics and has from day one. That hasn't left him in 3 years and it won't leave him next year either

                  Comment


                  • I don't want Rodgers he only have 1 year left of football not dedicate to game like brady...if we draft a qb he better have a strong arm like lock...we play in cold weather and most of the good team in afc play in cold weather...happy we didn't pick Mac Jones because he no different than Trevor siemen...except he played for alabama...lock deserve one more shot

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tyecos98 View Post

                      Ok we have Williams running the ball...do u watch broncos
                      OK spanky....was it Williams who fumbled, and was it Williams fumbling in all our other games ? This is a 2 back league....yes we have Williams for the next three years, but we need another back to compliment him. One who does not fumble. Get it ?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                        Well, all I know is I had us going 8-9 (with Teddy starting the season), and I was 14-3 in my pre-season predictions. I thought we would take 1 against the Raiders, win against the Eagles, and lose to the Cowboys. Not to mention we were the underdog in all of the final 3 games. So too act like those loses were somehow on Drew is a little silly, especially since he was our best player in those 3 games.

                        I admire your optimism, but we had next to no chance of winning these last three games unless the coaching staff took a chance on letting Drew develop, and potentially having his breakout year.
                        I had the season at 9-8 with a 2 game swing to the downside at 7-9.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

                          He brought in competition because Lock played poorly enough last year that Paton saw the Broncos may have needed another option at QB. In no way was Teddy replacing Lock though. And no way will he next year…
                          He did replace Drew though. The only way Drew got any run at all was because Teddy was hurt. If he brings in anybody at or above Teddy's mediocre level for competition will Drew lose again? He did this season. There is no way there should be another one of these so called 'competitions'. If they bring in another QB, he's either the starter or someone so bad, it won't be close enough for Drew to lose.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

                            OK spanky....was it Williams who fumbled, and was it Williams fumbling in all our other games ? This is a 2 back league....yes we have Williams for the next three years, but we need another back to compliment him. One who does not fumble. Get it ?
                            Nope because runback shouldn't be one of the priorities in next year draft or dline...go broncos

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tyecos98 View Post

                              Nope because runback shouldn't be one of the priorities in next year draft or dline...go broncos
                              Seriously ? We need to go DL AND OL as top priority !! RB can be had in the 4rth -6th round

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                                Well, all I know is I had us going 8-9 (with Teddy starting the season), and I was 14-3 in my pre-season predictions. I thought we would take 1 against the Raiders, win against the Eagles, and lose to the Cowboys. Not to mention we were the underdog in all of the final 3 games. So too act like those loses were somehow on Drew is a little silly, especially since he was our best player in those 3 games.

                                I admire your optimism, but we had next to no chance of winning these last three games unless the coaching staff took a chance on letting Drew develop, and potentially having his breakout year.
                                I am trying to be objective. I think he did well today. My earlier post simply states that the writing might be on the wall, and it's a done deal....maybe either way. But I do not subscribe to the theory that the last 3 games were unwinnable. Or the 4th one back when we were one score behind in the final Q. That's 4 chances to win. Not the easiest of games, but The raiders are average in my opinion, and we beat The Chargers handily not that long ago.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X