This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Lock played an ok game. It wasn't spectacular, heck, the offensive line and RBs are why we were so successful. He was 50% completion on the game for a whopping 162 yards. Yes, he made some really good plays with his legs. They were heads up and game changing.

He gets props for that, but, when he has to come from behind he's a different QB. He locks on receivers and forces things. The one bad play where he forced it Patrick is what he does. JJ was wise open, he doesn't go through progressions.

He did earlier in the game because he had a lead and the game is easy when you have a lead. When he has to come from behind he forces things. If he would have taken 1 second to find read number 2 he would of scored. But, that's not what he does. When pressure is on he panics and has from day one. That hasn't left him in 3 years and it won't leave him next year either
    He drove the Broncos down the field with multiple good passes including the throw to Jeudy on the sideline - absolute great touch on the pass. Then Okwuegbunam whiffed on a block when Gordon was blown up on the fumble. Then Lock drove the offense again and Fangio made another horrible decision to kick a FG.

Absolutely wrong about reading through his progressions - even the commentators pointed that out on his 3rd and long pass to Patrick. Went from left to right and made an exceptional throw to Patrick.

Lock put some great film out there over the last three games. He has a future just not in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

He drove the Broncos down the field with multiple good passes including the throw to Jeudy on the sideline - absolute great touch on the pass. Then Okwuegbunam whiffed on a block when Gordon was blown up on the fumble. Then Lock drove the offense again and Fangio made another horrible decision to kick a FG.

Absolutely wrong about reading through his progressions - even the commentators pointed that out on his 3rd and long pass to Patrick. Went from left to right and made an exceptional throw to Patrick.

Lock put some great film out there over the last three games. He has a future just not in Denver.
      Great film? He didn't win any games and he threw 2 TDs. He played ok, he played better than he did the year before but that's not hard to do because he was the worst QB in the league the year before.

I hope he gets a chance and I hope he has success but the odds are slim. Who's going to sign him? Any team that needs a QB more than likely will draft or trade or sign other competition and those teams are just as bad if not worse off than we are.

Comment

Great film? He didn't win any games and he threw 2 TDs. He played ok, he played better than he did the year before but that's not hard to do because he was the worst QB in the league the year before.

I hope he gets a chance and I hope he has success but the odds are slim. Who's going to sign him? Any team that needs a QB more than likely will draft or trade or sign other competition and those teams are just as bad if not worse off than we are.
        He’ll probably be the Broncos starting QB

Comment

GMs are more objective than fans and they aren’t just simplifying it down to wins, although that plays a role. In a league with offenses relying more and more on QB mobility, Lock provided great film today with two TD runs and a first down run.

There are very few guys coming out of college who can make the throw he made to Patrick on 3rd and long in a very tight window. The throw to Jeudy under pressure is another very few guys coming out of college can make.

Lock also showed that he learned from his mistakes with turnovers last season. Consistently made good decisions over the last three games taking care of the ball.

Last week he had a higher rating than Mahomes, Herbert and Carr. Lock also dealt with a half-baked commitment to development with Elway/Fangio going with mediocre veterans like Flacco and Bridgewater, along with two coordinators and no pre-season going into his second year.

Teams don’t have a narrative - they’re looking for talent. Even if Lock had to move on as a backup he’ll be in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

No he probably won't

He may still be on the roster (as a backup) but if Fangio is fired what new HC is going to want to keep a QB that was statistically the worst in the league when he was the full time starter? Actually, he was ranked 33rd out of 32 starting QBs that year.....

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ra...020-nfl-season

that's what he has on film and he went 0-3 starting this year. He won't be starting, not for this team

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I am trying to be objective. I think he did well today. My earlier post simply states that the writing might be on the wall, and it's a done deal....maybe either way. But I do not subscribe to the theory that the last 3 games were unwinnable. Or the 4th one back when we were one score behind in the final Q. That's 4 chances to win. Not the easiest of games, but The raiders are average in my opinion, and we beat The Chargers handily not that long ago.
              I actually agree that the writing might be on the wall, but that doesn't mean that it's the correct move. From my perspective, the smart move is to keep Drew through next season (let him play out his contract), and draft a QB in the (admittedly weak) draft. The best potential free agent is Teddy, and getting Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson is unlikely. We are in a terrible position, and Drew has done enough to show this coaching staff has completely "mismanaged" his development.
              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

GMs are more objective than fans and they aren’t just simplifying it down to wins, although that plays a role. In a league with offenses relying more and more on QB mobility, Lock provided great film today with two TD runs and a first down run.

There are very few guys coming out of college who can make the throw he made to Patrick on 3rd and long in a very tight window. The throw to Jeudy under pressure is another very few guys coming out of college can make.

Lock also showed that he learned from his mistakes with turnovers last season. Consistently made good decisions over the last three games taking care of the ball.

Last week he had a higher rating than Mahomes, Herbert and Carr. Lock also dealt with a half-baked commitment to development with Elway/Fangio going with mediocre veterans like Flacco and Bridgewater, along with two coordinators and no pre-season going into his second year.

Teams don’t have a narrative - they’re looking for talent. Even if Lock had to move on as a backup he’ll be in the league.
                I absolutely agree with that, he's not going to be banished or anything but I highly doubt he'll be starting for anyone next season.

Comment

Unless Paton can pull off a deal for Rodgers, Wilson, Cousins, Garappolo or Watson - no veteran in the league or prospect in the draft would be a better option than Lock. I can see him being the starter without one of those deals happening.

Comment

I absolutely agree with that, he's not going to be banished or anything but I highly doubt he'll be starting for anyone next season.
                    He could easily start next season. Teams like New Orleans need a QB. With endemic Covid and injuries there will almost assuredly be an opportunity to start. He could end up the starter in Denver.

Comment

Not because they want him to be or believe in him. They are definitely going to try and upgrade the position. If he is the starter, they failed at upgrading in the off-season and draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Not because they want him to be or believe in him. They are definitely going to try and upgrade the position. If he is the starter, they failed at upgrading in the off-season and draft.
                        There’s no one in this draft that is better than Lock. Rodgers and Wilson are about all we can get that is easily better than Lock.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

There’s no one in this draft that is better than Lock. Rodgers and Wilson are about all we can get that is easily better than Lock.
                          We all thought the same when they brought in Teddy.

Comment

While it was disappointing to come up short over the last three games, GMs including Paton can filter through how Lock played. GMs aren’t sitting there saying, “But he should have made a better effort tackling”. They can see how much he improved over last season. Made some exceptional passes, took care of the ball with good decisions and showed good mobility.

Take the 3rd and long conversion to Patrick - he went through his reads and made a throw into a very tight window. He put some good film out there.
                            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-08-2022, 06:35 PM.

Comment

While it was disappointing to come up short over the last three games, GMs including Paton can filter through how Lock played. GMs are sitting there saying, “But he should have made a better effort tackling”. They can see how much he improved over last season. Made some exceptional passes, took care of the ball with good decisions and showed good mobility.

Take the 3rd and long conversion to Patrick - he went through his reads and made a throw into a very tight window. He put some good film out there.
                              Yep. Paton is gonna have all the tape to look at from every angle. Only so much we as fans get to see from TV angles. If Lock showed good enough progress on tape, Paton will keep him around for the last year of his contract.

Just glad it’s the guys getting paid to make these decisions calling the shots rather than the fans. If it was up to the fans, Lock would probably be lucky to get out of Denver without being tied to a stake and burned.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Yep. Paton is gonna have all the tape to look at from every angle. Only so much we as fans get to see from TV angles. If Lock showed good enough progress on tape, Paton will keep him around for the last year of his contract.

Just glad it’s the guys getting paid to make these decisions calling the shots rather than the fans. If it was up to the fans, Lock would probably be lucky to get out of Denver without being tied to a stake and burned.
                                I believe the odds are higher he stays with the Broncos next season. Although Paton could look to make a trade to either pickup another pick, or in a deal for another QB. If they can’t sign one of the better veterans he could end up starting next year - odds lower.

Comment

Working...
                                X