Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Sweet, do it and send Brandon Allen packing.
    Terrible idea, guy hasnt had a practice since middle August. You activate him, Flacco goes down, now you have an Rookie QB with no practice time, who isnt 100% healthy in his throwing hand. Bad idea is bad.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• According to Elway, Lock isnt ready. He goes on to say that he learned more when he was benched in 1983 than he did while playing in 1983.

36 years ago things were a lot different in the NFL, Im gonna quote Forest Gump and say "that's all I have to say about that..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-to-play-now/

Comment

• If they aren't comfortable playing him, they shouldn't. But if our offense is struggling, we need to make a change. There's no reason not to bench Flacco. If it's not Lock it should be Allen. If it's not Allen it should be Rypien.

We can't waste any more games starting a QB that is incapable of leading an NFL offense.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
          According to Elway, Lock isnt ready. He goes on to say that he learned more when he was benched in 1983 than he did while playing in 1983.

36 years ago things were a lot different in the NFL, Im gonna quote Forest Gump and say "that's all I have to say about that..."

He's clueless. He fails to draw the connection that maybe those early struggles actually gave him an opportunity for growth. Would he have made the same mistakes and learned the same lessons from them by sitting on IR, not even practicing his whole rookie year? Ridiculous.

Comment

• So basically we have another Lynch situation. Not good enough to play any time in year 1, so he battles with a mediocre QB in the off season who knows how to make all the throws when they're in shorts and can make it look easy. So season ticket holders (me included), enjoy these cold winter games suffering through Flacco and his particular skill set.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
              So basically we have another Lynch situation. Not good enough to play any time in year 1, so he battles with a mediocre QB in the off season who knows how to make all the throws when they're in shorts and can make it look easy. So season ticket holders (me included), enjoy these cold winter games suffering through Flacco and his particular skill set.
              It's been the same situation throughout Elway's tenure. We went with the vet Manning and the project Osweiler. We went with the vet Sanchez and the project Osweiler/Siemian. We went with the vet Keenum and the project Lynch. Now we have the vet Flacco and the project Lock.

At some point Elway needs to stop drafting projects and just take the guy that's most NFL ready. He kept signing vets that had almost no value as an NFL QB expecting them to be anything more than mediocre. He nailed Manning, but its impossible to miss when you bring in one of the most talented and smartest QB's in NFL history.

His philosophy on building the QB position does not work, yet he continues to do it the same way over and over. It's ridiculous and he really needs to change it up before he ends up out of a job.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

According to Elway, Lock isnt ready. He goes on to say that he learned more when he was benched in 1983 than he did while playing in 1983.

I mean, Elway was only benched for like 4 games in his rookie year, and once they placed him back in the lineup he wasn't benched again. And I've also heard Elway argue the other side of it - that playing his rookie year even with the struggles he had was immensely valuable to him.

But whatever. He runs the team so if they're content to run Flacco out there scoring 16 points per game and getting sacked 3 times a game, that's his prerogative.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                  It's been the same situation throughout Elway's tenure. We went with the vet Manning and the project Osweiler. We went with the vet Sanchez and the project Osweiler/Siemian. We went with the vet Keenum and the project Lynch. Now we have the vet Flacco and the project Lock.

At some point Elway needs to stop drafting projects and just take the guy that's most NFL ready. He kept signing vets that had almost no value as an NFL QB expecting them to be anything more than mediocre. He nailed Manning, but its impossible to miss when you bring in one of the most talented and smartest QB's in NFL history.

His philosophy on building the QB position does not work, yet he continues to do it the same way over and over. It's ridiculous and he really needs to change it up before he ends up out of a job.
                  The real issue is that he drafts these quarterbacks - Osweiler, Lynch, Lock - and tries to conform them to a style of offense they've never played before. And when it doesn't work he gives up on them.

I just think in my head that we could have Devin Bush on this defense and instead we have a backup tight end who can't catch and a quarterback who will probably never play a down in Denver. I just don't understand what the plan is.
                  sigpic

Comment

• As many of you have pointed out, the FO continues to draft the wrong QB at the wrong time and they never get a legit shot. Elway's plan seems to be bring in a vet QB and draft a developmental QB who will develop for several years under the vet QB. He did it with Manning/Osweiler, he did it with Sanchez/Lynch, Keenum/Lynch/Kelly and he did it again with Flacco/Lock. The Sanchez/Lynch situation went a little haywire since Sanchez was an utter flop, so they went with Siemian/Lynch with Siemian being the guy who "gives us the best chance to win". When Siemian got hurt, he went with Oz/Lynch.

I'm just pointing out the strategy has been the same with the QB position from the beginning. I really don't think Elway will ever change to a drafted franchise QB strategy.

I get that the bridge QB/developmental QB can be a good strategy if it works right. I'm just seriously bored with this approach. I would really enjoy watching a young franchise QB. Aged mercenary QBs are just harder to get behind for me - especially when they play below par.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yet, they keep trotting Fant out there, who’s even less ready than Lock, to point where they’re going to destroy his confidence.

At least be consistent, don’t leave one player on the bench and say he isn’t ready, but play another who we can all see isn’t ready

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                        As many of you have pointed out, the FO continues to draft the wrong QB at the wrong time and they never get a legit shot. Elway's plan seems to be bring in a vet QB and draft a developmental QB who will develop for several years under the vet QB. He did it with Manning/Osweiler, he did it with Sanchez/Lynch, Keenum/Lynch/Kelly and he did it again with Flacco/Lock. The Sanchez/Lynch situation went a little haywire since Sanchez was an utter flop, so they went with Siemian/Lynch with Siemian being the guy who "gives us the best chance to win". When Siemian got hurt, he went with Oz/Lynch.

I'm just pointing out the strategy has been the same with the QB position from the beginning. I really don't think Elway will ever change to a drafted franchise QB strategy.

I get that the bridge QB/developmental QB can be a good strategy if it works right. I'm just seriously bored with this approach. I would really enjoy watching a young franchise QB. Aged mercenary QBs are just harder to get behind for me - especially when they play below par.
                        Exactly why Elway needs to go. Now.

I'm not under any delusion that will happen though. I'm sure Elway will be in that position until HE decides he doesn't want to do it any longer, regardless of how bad the team becomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverJay View Post
                          Exactly why Elway needs to go. Now.

I'm not under any delusion that will happen though. I'm sure Elway will be in that position until HE decides he doesn't want to do it any longer, regardless of how bad the team becomes.
                          He has 2 years under contract and there is the whole trust vs ownership thing. He will likely remain the GM for the remainder of his contract. Also, I'm thinking the entire FO will get a reboot once the trust is out of the picture..
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Yet, they keep trotting Fant out there, who’s even less ready than Lock, to point where they’re going to destroy his confidence.

At least be consistent, don’t leave one player on the bench and say he isn’t ready, but play another who we can all see isn’t ready
                            Agreed. I would also like to mention that from what I've seen Flacco is no longer NFL ready either!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

That's a very good point. But I would say playing a young TE before he is ready is less of an issue than starting a QB. A TE is much more easily replaceable than a QB. Starting a young QB before he's ready could lead to developing bad habits. He could get happy feet. He could become gun shy. I can see why they're more hesitant with Lock than Fant.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                                That's a very good point. But I would say playing a young TE before he is ready is less of an issue than starting a QB. A TE is much more easily replaceable than a QB. Starting a young QB before he's ready could lead to developing bad habits. He could get happy feet. He could become gun shy. I can see why they're more hesitant with Lock than Fant.
                                Ok, sure. But he also could prove to be "the guy". I don't even know what ready really means. Does it mean he is good in practice? Does it mean he knows the playbook forwards and backwards? Perfect example is Tebow - who you liked. He was the complete opposite of NFL ready, yet he at least brought some excitement and hope to the table. My point (as always), being it's time to stop hiding guys behind old, mediocre QBs. It's all pretty moot, though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X