• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Team knows if Lock is ready or not.
    Don’t want to see him until he is ready

Patience is a virtue.
    Sorry, but I have less faith in a team that's 13-26 over the past 2 and a half seasons especially when it comes to evaluating talent than you do.
    sigpic

Comment

• I don't have a problem with them sitting Lock this year. I do have a big issue with them sticking with Flacco. We have other QBs beside Lock and Flacco. They don't have to start Lock, but they canNOT stay with Flacco if our offense continues to underperform. Frankly, Flacco should have lost his spot on the depth chart after that egg he laid on Thursday.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
        I don't have a problem with them sitting Lock this year. I do have a big issue with them sticking with Flacco. We have other QBs beside Lock and Flacco. They don't have to start Lock, but they canNOT stay with Flacco if our offense continues to underperform. Frankly, Flacco should have lost his spot on the depth chart after that egg he laid on Thursday.
        They’re sticking with Flacco. It’s been made pretty clear. Barring injury, Allen, Rypien and Lock have little shot at seeing the field this year. I’m pretty sure Flacco will be the starter going into next year as well.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          They’re sticking with Flacco. It’s been made pretty clear. Barring injury, Allen, Rypien and Lock have little shot at seeing the field this year. I’m pretty sure Flacco will be the starter going into next year as well.
          This would be my guess as well, based on the teams actions.
          sigpic

Comment

I doubt that greatly. Flacco won't be here if he looks as bad as he has throughout the rest of the year. Elway didn't stick with Keenum even though we gave him a 2 year deal. If our offense continues to struggle as much as we have, it's really hard to imagine they'll bring Flacco back.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I doubt that greatly. Flacco won't be here if he looks as bad as he has throughout the rest of the year. Elway didn't stick with Keenum even though we gave him a 2 year deal. If our offense continues to struggle as much as we have, it's really hard to imagine they'll bring Flacco back.
              Depends on the way Elway views it. Is Flacco just bad.
              Or does his oline stink, he has receivers who drop passes or don’t get open and what a out the play calling. A lot of things involved in an offense.
              Flacco has lead two go ahead drives only have the defense give up the lead in the final seconds.

Sounds like the offense is making changes, got rid of a great player who didn’t want to be here, now younger guys get a chance at a bigger role ( Winfree, Spencer, Hamilton)
              and sounds like with James back gonna see 3 different tackles rotating, odd man out will get benched.

The long term plan in my opinion is to get the offense playing better and then a real assessment can be done on the Qb instead of rushing a 22 year old from IR to starting.
              Elway was benched cause he wasn’t ready, he ended up being pretty good.
              sigpic

Comment

Sure, but who did they replace Keenum with - another vet QB (Flacco). I find it hard to believe that they will draft a QB #1 and commit to him. It goes against their philosophy. The only way Flacco isn’t the starter is is they bring in another vet QB. Your fear of Eli is legit.
                sigpic

Comment

Depends on the way Elway views it. Is Flacco just bad.
                  Or does his oline stink, he has receivers who drop passes or don’t get open and what a out the play calling. A lot of things involved in an offense.
                  Flacco has lead two go ahead drives only have the defense give up the lead in the final seconds.

Sounds like the offense is making changes, got rid of a great player who didn’t want to be here, now younger guys get a chance at a bigger role ( Winfree, Spencer, Hamilton)
                  and sounds like with James back gonna see 3 different tackles rotating, odd man out will get benched.

The long term plan in my opinion is to get the offense playing better and then a real assessment can be done on the Qb instead of rushing a 22 year old from IR to starting.
                  Elway was benched cause he wasn’t ready, he ended up being pretty good.
                  Well, Flacco has at least a few starts left to show he's worth bringing back next year. If he continues to play as he has, I don't doubt that Elway will be willing to send him packing.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Well, Flacco has at least a few starts left to show he's worth bringing back next year. If he continues to play as he has, I don't doubt that Elway will be willing to send him packing.
                    Lock needs to step it up and show he wants the job.
                    Things we don’t know:
                    - Is Lock I’m time
                    - is he putting in the time in the film room
                    - what is he like in the meetings?
                    - has Lock asked Fangio what he needs to do to show he wants the job?

Is he showing the team he is prepared and knows the offense?

Drew Lock needs to do everything in his power to take the job. He may not get a chance til next year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Things we don’t know:
                      - Is Lock I’m time

Drew Lock needs to do everything in his power to take the job. He may not get a chance til next year.
                      He’s been on IR. He cannot practice. I suppose there’s a chance he’s not doing enough to get his shot, but there’s not much you can do when you’ve been on IR. Doesn’t really matter. Only way he gets a shot is next year if Flacco goes down. He’s being handled like a project QB. He won’t get a shot until he’s developed more. No way anyone not named Flacco is the starter going into next year.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I absolutely hate the direction this team is going in.

Comment

He’s been on IR. He cannot practice. I suppose there’s a chance he’s not doing enough to get his shot, but there’s not much you can do when you’ve been on IR. Doesn’t really matter. Only way he gets a shot is next year if Flacco goes down. He’s being handled like a project QB. He won’t get a shot until he’s developed more. No way anyone not named Flacco is the starter going into next year.
                          He’s been on IR because he couldn’t help this team, he couldn’t grip a football.
                          Whatever he did leading up to that injury is how the team views him. He needs to get an grasp of this offense mentally, big step from his college system. Hopefully he puts in the work and improves next year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Things we don’t know:
                            - Is Lock I’m time

That's really not up to Lock right now. As long as he's on IR, he can't practice. He cant show anything to anyone until he can actually go out there and play with his teammates. I don't know what the rules are for guys on the IR as it pertains to the film room, but if he's in there he needs to be learning. He doesn't need to be piping off about how he needs to be playing, he needs to be watching everything and taking as many mental reps as he can.

But that's the biggest issue with keeping him on IR. He can't practice. He can't show anyone if he's actually making strides. He can't show if he's understanding the offense or the playcalls or audible or anything. They need to get him on the active roster so he can actually get some reps. We have zero idea what we have in Lock and won't until they actually have him practicing with the team.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

He’s been on IR because he couldn’t help this team, he couldn’t grip a football.
                              Whatever he did leading up to that injury is how the team views him. He needs to get an grasp of this offense mentally, big step from his college system. Hopefully he puts in the work and improves next year.
                              Ok. He”s probably too raw. I highly doubt he gets a shot next year barring Flacco getting injured. I’m no Lock fanboy. I’m just super bored with Flacco and the overall bridge QB approach. I would personally enjoy a shift to a franchise QB philosophy, but it isn’t going to happen. Not for several years, at least.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                                I absolutely hate the direction this team is going in.
                                I don't. Our defense is starting to look dominant. We have dynamic young pieces on offense in Lindsay and Sutton. We have a foundation in place that if we had a QB that could actually lead an NFL offense, we'd easily be a contender. Hopefully Lock is the guy, but even if he isn't were not exactly going in the wrong direction. We find a QB and everything will be looking up.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X