Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    When Russel Wilson played in his first preseason game, he looked unstoppable. Lock has looked pedestrian. I suspect it will be a long afternoon for him.
    I want lock to start the rest of this year and all of next year no matter what. That would be great!!!!
    Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      That's tough to say, that's a question that obviously will never be able to be answered because he did sit. Every QB is different and Rodgers is a very smart QB, I would be willing to bet that he would of been just fine with an early start.

      Lock? He admitted himself that this time off helped him with a some mental aspects to his game. He is a very gifted athlete and I fully expect him to be the best QB that this team has rostered since Manning.

      I have no problem targeting a new QB in the next draft if he doesn't show anything in the next 5 games, my money is on him though...…..I think he balls out and the team goes with Drew Lock for the foreseeable future, jmo.
      It's a Lock!

      And I'm 'Lock'ed in!

      Excuse me...had a play on word attack!!

      :thumb:

      (Lock stock and barrel!!)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        I want lock to start the rest of this year and all of next year no matter what. That would be great!!!!
        Playing what style? What is the offensive identity? Most of the good teams in the league know who they are and what they're not. They then work towards formulating a game plan to make what they do best look the best and attack what their opponent doesn't do well.

        So for us...who are we? What can we do well? How are we going to best facilitate that? I remember a few years ago now the Raiders had been running the ball well most of the season. We were killing their run game. They then went ALL big and tossed in an extra lineman and they killed us on the ground. We are not that self aware yet.

        So even if Lock can play...what does he need to do? I dont believe Rick knows or has a clue.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          Playing what style? What is the offensive identity? Most of the good teams in the league know who they are and what they're not. They then work towards formulating a game plan to make what they do best look the best and attack what their opponent doesn't do well.

          So for us...who are we? What can we do well? How are we going to best facilitate that? I remember a few years ago now the Raiders had been running the ball well most of the season. We were killing their run game. They then went ALL big and tossed in an extra lineman and they killed us on the ground. We are not that self aware yet.

          So even if Lock can play...what does he need to do? I dont believe Rick knows or has a clue.
          Well idk about all that. I just need him to start this year....and all of next year. I think that sets things up nicely.
          Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

          Comment


          • Schefter: Lock To Start Vs Charger

            Per Schefter, Lock will indeed start against the Chargers.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche


            sigpic

            Comment


            • Finally!

              Comment


              • I think we all knew it was going to happen but sure is nice to see it official!!! Good luck Drew, Prove the doubters wrong!!!

                Comment


                • Schefter is tweeting it!

                  Comment


                  • I wonder if he’ll get any sleep tonight
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                    Comment


                    • Man I’m so excited for tomorrow

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Splitting reps, another misstep by this organisation in quarterback development. Whoever is going to play needs the most reps during the week to be best prepared, this is now beyond stupid. Right now as a coaching staff you are pretty much saying that Allen will start, and we expect to bench him during the course of the game to go with Lock, so we want him to be slightly prepared as well. Just give the reps to Lock my god and be done with it, this is now a waste of everyone's time.
                        Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                        This is the way it's done, pretty much. Allen came in and had some success even though he trended very badly downward. They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in. Either in practice or in relief of Allen.
                        Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Why ? It's a lost season where you know Allen isn't going to be the future, and he hasn't played well, even in his statistically inflated debut. Is your angle that the players in the locker room will lose respect for the process if Lock is just handed the job ? I don't buy that, and even that is how they react, bad luck. You as a group of football players are under performing, losing games in an embarrassing fashion, so their opinion means nothing. Also, lets not continue to act like Allen earned the job, he did not. Allen has been the major beneficiary of not one, but two quarterbacks ahead of him on the depth chart being injured. There isn't a single angle that this could be twisted in to support the front office or the coaching staff, poor handling again.

                        In the interest of continuing a discussion, I'll give this one more try. I don't have an angle. I don't, and I think the staff doesn't, give a single crap about any of those oddball excuses you came up with in your post.I have tried to emphasize the most important statement of my post that you responded to. It mirrors what coach Fangio has been saying about the situation.

                        They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in.


                        Or, stated another way, Lock has to have shown the staff something that causes them to agree that they should put him in as the starter. If that happened this week then he will be named the starter against the Chargers.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                          In the interest of continuing a discussion, I'll give this one more try. I don't have an angle. I don't, and I think the staff doesn't, give a single crap about any of those oddball excuses you came up with in your post.I have tried to emphasize the most important statement of my post that you responded to. It mirrors what coach Fangio has been saying about the situation.

                          They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in.


                          Or, stated another way, Lock has to have shown the staff something that causes them to agree that they should put him in as the starter. If that happened this week then he will be named the starter against the Chargers.
                          I don’t agree with this. We are 3-8. The season is lost. It’s time to develop the rookie whether he has shown anything in practice or not. Staying with Allen suggests they still think they have a shot to save something this year. Which they don’t.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Let's get it Drew...show us you're our future these next 5 games!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              I don’t agree with this. We are 3-8. The season is lost. It’s time to develop the rookie whether he has shown anything in practice or not. Staying with Allen suggests they still think they have a shot to save something this year. Which they don’t.
                              Well, this scenario seems much different than with what happened with Paxton Lynch. He couldn't even sniff the field, much less be named starter (see week 17 of 2016 when Kubiak flat out refused to name Lynch the starter). That tells me the Broncos didn't see anything at all with Lynch, but the current regime might just see something in Lock.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                                Well, this scenario seems much different than with what happened with Paxton Lynch. He couldn't even sniff the field, much less be named starter (see week 17 of 2016 when Kubiak flat out refused to name Lynch the starter). That tells me the Broncos didn't see anything at all with Lynch, but the current regime might just see something in Lock.
                                2016 we were still playing for the pride of a winning season. Which we succeeded. I have no problem with that.

                                It also wasn’t Lynch’s first time to be able to start that year. He came in after Siemian got hurt against Tampa and then started against both Atlanta and Jacksonville. And he completely wet the bed both starts.

                                In 2017 Lynch was named the starter in week 17 during a lost season where we didn’t even have pride play for. He almost made a fourth quarter comeback but largely wet the bed most of that start as well.

                                And then a year ago stunk too much in preseason that he was let go.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X