• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WYBRONCO
    Football Immortal
    • May 2016

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

In today's NFL, no point of waiting.
    If it's Fields I would play him right away. This is the best overall QB prospect OSU has ever had. Work ethic eminates from him and he is smart too. I used to sit on the fence about starting guys right away. For every Mahomes, Rodgers, there is Watson, Burrow, Herbert, Russel Wilson. Tua could have started week 1 and been effective.

My gosh though, in the NFL if you take a guy in the first round you gotta play the kid real soon. I also agree with you. Elway isn't going to pick Fields, Lance, Wilson even if they fall in his lap with our pick.

Comment

• DiveInstructor
      Starter
      • Dec 2020

If it was my call, I'd play this last game like the #3/#4 pre-season game. Nothing Lock does this last game is going to change his overall performance of this year. Heck, the Raiders might be playing for draft position, for all we know. I'd give the #1's a full series, maybe 2 if they stumble that first series. Then I'd pull them and search out the guys who were back-ups but had very little time on the field. Give them a chance to add to their resume. And, I sure wouldn't play to win. But, if the Broncos are inside the top 10 drafting, I'd go big after a QB.

I'm tired of the "hope". We "hope" Trevor Siemian will turn into an NFL QB. We "hope" they can turn Lynch into a great QB. We "hope" Case Keenum will be the QB he was the year they caught lightning in a bottle.. We "hope" Flacco will look like he did 10 years ago. We "hope" Drew Lock won't look like a college QB like he did this year and become a real NFL QB. F*** "hope".
      Last edited by DiveInstructor; 12-31-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
        Ring of Famer
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

If it's Fields I would play him right away. This is the best overall QB prospect OSU has ever had. Work ethic eminates from him and he is smart too. I used to sit on the fence about starting guys right away. For every Mahomes, Rodgers, there is Watson, Burrow, Herbert, Russel Wilson. Tua could have started week 1 and been effective.

My gosh though, in the NFL if you take a guy in the first round you gotta play the kid real soon. I also agree with you. Elway isn't going to pick Fields, Lance, Wilson even if they fall in his lap with our pick.
        Bc he is a stupid GM. He probably would have been been fired if Peyton chose S.f. over Denver.
        Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
          Ring of Famer
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
          If it was may call, I'd play this last game like the #3/#4 pre-season game. Nothing Lock does this last game is going to change his overall performance of this year. Heck, the Raiders might be playing for draft position, for all we know. I'd give the #1's a full series, maybe 2 if they stumble that first series. Then I'd pull them and search out the guys who were back-ups but had very little time on the field. Give them a chance to add to their resume. And, I sure wouldn't play to win. But, if the Broncos are inside the top 10 drafting, I'd go big after a QB.

I'm tired of the "hope". We "hope" Trevor Siemian will turn into an NFL QB. We "hope" they can turn Lynch into a great QB. We "hope" Case Keenum will be the QB he was the year they caught lightning in a bottle.. We "hope" Flacco will look like he did 10 years ago. We "hope" Drew Lock won't look like a college QB like he did this year and become a real NFL QB. F*** "hope".
          I agree ... you only can use no offseason and preseason for so long.

For 1 not starters really even play the first game and if they do its probably 1 series.

2. No starters play the 4th game at all.

Four weeks into the season with practices and film study they should be up to speed.

Grabbing for straws i can't believe some people still holding on to hope.. since lock as been a starter he has played 23 games and he has 2 games when he looked very good was last year Houston game and and this year Carolina game. You may try to sneak another game in there. So 2 or 3 games he looked really good the rest are average or terrible. We are so qb deprived we see hope in that....but it is what it is...I hope but doubt we take a qb in the 1st rd thise year.

Meanwhile you had Justin Herbert play 3 Super bowl champs and future HOF in Mahomes, Brady and Brees. Took two to overtime and and loss all 3 games by a total of 13 pts

he threw for 865, 8Td, and 2 ints in those 3 games...

Some Broncos fan get super happy we beat up on a 4 win Carolina Panthers teams. And win by 7 pts.. Yea im very hopeful.
          Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 12-31-2020, 10:56 AM.
          Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Broncoyearound
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2009

I agree ... you only can use no offseason and preseason for so long.

For 1 not starters really even play the first game and if they do its probably 1 series.

2. No starters play the 4th game at all.

Four weeks into the season with practices and film study they should be up to speed.

Grabbing for straws i can't believe some people still holding on to hope.. since lock as been a starter he has played 23 games and he has 2 games when he looked very good was last year Houston game and and this year Carolina game. You may try to sneak another game in there. So 2 or 3 games he looked really good the rest are average or terrible. We are so qb deprived we see hope in that....but it is what it is...I hope but doubt we take a qb in the 1st rd thise year.

Meanwhile you had Justin Herbert play 3 Super bowl champs and future HOF in Mahomes, Brady and Brees. Took two to overtime and and loss all 3 games by a total of 13 pts

Some Broncos fan get super happy we beat up on a 4 win Carolina Panthers teams. And win by 7 pts.. Yea im very hopeful.
            I kind of have to agree with you here. Now if we can't get a proven qb or one that's going to have a high ceiling than im okay for Lock coming back. However if Elway just sit and stands pat and don't even address the position I think the writing will be on the wall when we have another losing season.

Lock, for whatever reason has been terrible. I dont view this as a rookie year. He should be far ahead with his learning curve. He sat most of the year and I remember Elway telling him dont treat this like a year off stay ready. I happen to believe he did take that year off. Only the Houston game was impressive in that 5 game stretch. We won games but Lock wasn't entirely lighting the field up.

People saw the Houston game and people see the Carolina game and say that's his potential but you dont see his success carry over into the next game. Lock always reveals himself. Thats why I dont get to high on games where he's decent because I know old Lock will come back and fool us.

We don't owe Lock anything and you suit up the best players at the position. Just like some feel Simmons isn't worth the money some of us feel Lock isn't worth the Qb spot. Its no different. We need a Qb on this team and as of now Lock has proven he isn't the guy for that job. He had all this year to step up and solidify his spot. He has dropped the ball. A TO in every game is by far something I haven't seen a Denver Qb do since I been watching.
            :go:

Comment

• WYBRONCO
              Football Immortal
              • May 2016

Bc he is a stupid GM. He probably would have been been fired if Peyton chose S.f. over Denver.
              I absolutely agree with you on that.

Comment

• DiveInstructor
                Starter
                • Dec 2020

-
                Not sure if you understood, but I was saying play this last game like it's a pre season game. Very limited play by the #1's, then let the team lose (for draft position) while giving back-ups a chance to show their stuff.

Justin Herbert
                -selected 6th in the draft
                -has vet receivers Diggs and Allen, with 12 years experience between them.
                -doesn't have pat shurmur as OC

Drew Lock
                -selected 42nd in the draft
                -vet receivers are Patrick and Spencer, both combine for 5 years of limited experience
                -has pat shurmur as OC

What would you expect? You spend cheap on QB's, and surround them with unproven hope? On a solid team, Lock might be OK. On this team, you need to sign Drew Brees to make up for the impotence of the Broncos offense. Yes, I meant impotence. This offense has had E.D. since Manning had his last hurrah.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                  Ring of Famer
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Not sure if you understood, but I was saying play this last game like it's a pre season game. Very limited play by the #1's, then let the team lose (for draft position) while giving back-ups a chance to show their stuff.

Justin Herbert
                  -selected 6th in the draft
                  -has vet receivers Diggs and Allen, with 12 years experience between them.
                  -doesn't have pat shurmur as OC

Drew Lock
                  -selected 42nd in the draft
                  -vet receivers are Patrick and Spencer, both combine for 5 years of limited experience
                  -has pat shurmur as OC

What would you expect? You spend cheap on QB's, and surround them with unproven hope? On a solid team, Lock might be OK. On this team, you need to sign Drew Brees to make up for the impotence of the Broncos offense. Yes, I meant impotence. This offense has had E.D. since Manning had his last hurrah.
                  Herbert does have Diggs so idk what you mean by that. Also was a true rookie and didn't have 5 games and a offseason and preseason the year before to draw off of like lock did. I was waiting for the wrs excuse to pop up.

1. Covid
                  2. No preseason
                  3. Sutton is hurt
                  4. The oline sucks
                  5. Pat shurmur sucks at o.c.
                  6. We have no run game
                  7. Our wrs can't catch
                  8. He has had 2 o.c. in two years
                  9. He has no vet wrs to throw the ball to.
                  10. Def can't cause turn overs or they suck.
                  11. He wasn't fully healthy coming off the Pitts injury
                  12. He is a rookie
                  13. He has not played a full 16 game season yet
                  14. No one can play qb behind this line
                  15. He needs more time.

raise your hand if you have heard this excuses at some point this season I heard all 15

Baker Mayfield 1st overall

Has O'Dell and Jarvis over 12 years experience
                  how did he look last year with all that.. just bc you have vets to mean success.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2010

Herbert does have Diggs so idk what you mean by that. Also was a true rookie and didn't have 5 games and a offseason and preseason the year before to draw off of like lock did. I was waiting for the wrs excuse to pop up.

1. Covid
                    2. No preseason
                    3. Sutton is hurt
                    4. The oline sucks
                    5. Pat shurmur sucks at o.c.
                    6. We have no run game
                    7. Our wrs can't catch
                    8. He has had 2 o.c. in two years
                    9. He has no vet wrs to throw the ball to.
                    10. Def can't cause turn overs or they suck.
                    11. He wasn't fully healthy coming off the Pitts injury
                    12. He is a rookie
                    13. He has not played a full 16 game season yet
                    14. No one can play qb behind this line
                    15. He needs more time.

raise your hand if you have heard this excuses at some point this season I heard all 15

Baker Mayfield 1st overall

how did he look last year with all that.. just bc you have vets to mean success.

Ya you where all on Baker last season now look at him this season up in td down in ints and potentially leading the browns to the first play off appearance in how long?
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Ya you where all on Baker last season now look at him this season up in td down in ints and potentially leading the browns to the first play off appearance in how long?
                      Oh no still feel the exact way about baker. He is a game manager. How many qbs can say that have
                      very good line.
                      two pro bowl rbs
                      Two pro bowls wr
                      Good t.e.

He goes as the run game goes period. Many sports announcers along with me say you can't trust "him" to win the game for you. I double down on what I said about him. Trust me he has not changed my views about him. That had to take the ball out of his hand in order the the 1overall qb to be good.. hahahah.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2010

Oh no still feel the exact way about baker. He is a game manager. How many qbs can say that have
                        very good line.
                        two pro bowl rbs
                        Two pro bowls wr
                        Good t.e.

He goes as the run game goes period. Many sports announcers along with me say you can't trust "him" to win the game for you. I double down on what I said about him. Trust me he has not changed my views about him. That had to take the ball out of his hand in order the the 1overall qb to be good.. hahahah.
                        He has had O'Dell most the year and looks better with out him in the line up.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                          Football Immortal
                          • Oct 2010

Its kinda funny,,,,,
                          Calling our GM "STUPID" let's see, John Elway, A Stanford grad, A owner of multiple Cars dealerships, owner of restaurants, GM of Arena Football team and GM of the Denver Broncos.
                          Yeah I guess he's "STUPID".
                          ???

Comment

• Axemaster
                            Special Teams
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            Its kinda funny,,,,,
                            Calling our GM "STUPID" let's see, John Elway, A Stanford grad, A owner of multiple Cars dealerships, owner of restaurants, GM of Arena Football team and GM of the Denver Broncos.
                            Yeah I guess he's "STUPID".
                            ???
                            Yeah, sadly the popular thing to do is pile on to John Elway now. Bottom line is, Lock is the WORST starting QB this year. Last in Ints. Last in turnovers. Last in Completion %. Last in QB rating. How much longer will we stick with him???
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                              Ring of Famer
                              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

He has had O'Dell most the year and looks better with out him in the line up.
                              Don't matter just him being on the field helps him. But it is what it is. Not doing this no more.

Comment

• DiveInstructor
                                Starter
                                • Dec 2020

Herbert does have Diggs so idk what you mean by that. ...

Yes, Herbert has Diggs. I said that. The point is Diggs is an experienced, successful, first team WR. Patrick and Spencer have minimal experience and are essentially 2nd and 3rd team receivers.

Looks like you're still not getting it. I'm not saying Lock is good or even as good as Herbert. He's not. I am saying that if he had experienced, good 1st team receivers, his numbers might be better.

I'm also saying if you take a QB that isn't as good as another QB, you put him on a team with lesser players and a lesser OC, then him not performing as good as a better QB on a better team is obvious and expected. It's a team sport, and the QB alone doesn't mean everything. If it did, then Manning would've had 3 championships here.

Since Lock is NOT as good as a top first round pick, he needs more help. It doesn't mean he'll ever be good. It does mean the team, and even that QB, can do better. This is a crap team. It'll take an HOF QB to get this staff and offense into the top of the league and a threat.

I am curious about one thing....did Drew break your heart?

Comment

Working...
                                X