Closed for cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    You can polish a turd but in the end it's still just a pile of......waste

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    30 combined passing and rushing TDs, 33 combined picks and fumbles in 24 games. Sub-60% completions.

Enough said. This isn't the 80s or 90s when DBs and linebackers could murder any receiver going over the middle. It's 2022, where pass defense is illegal and nobody can breathe on the QB without a 15 yard penalty.

If you're not accurate after three seasons in the NFL, you're never going to be accurate. Period.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

I don't totally disagree with this, but given the reports of Paton's conservative approach to trades, I also think we could draft a QB and have him start the year while the rook develops. Since he's still under contract.
    Sure. Like I said, the landscape is changing. That scenario could certainly play out. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Drew lock is not a leader of men. He’s kind of a clown…dancing and rapping on the sideline
    Dude, Teddy did the exact some thing this year, and the main reason he was here was because of his "leadership skills."

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    There is little chance Lock is a starter for this team in 2021. Even if he’s retained, it will likely be more in a backup role.

The landscape is changing, so we’ll see how things turn out.
    I don't totally disagree with this, but given the reports of Paton's conservative approach to trades, I also think we could draft a QB and have him start the year while the rook develops. Since he's still under contract.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    There is little chance Lock is a starter for this team in 2021. Even if he’s retained, it will likely be more in a backup role.

The landscape is changing, so we’ll see how things turn out.

Leave a comment:

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    Drew lock is not a leader of men. He’s kind of a clown…dancing and rapping on the sideline

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

So young, turnover prone, QBs never improve with development and playing time... Got it. I guess that's why nobody has ever heard of Rich Gannon, Steve Deberg, Steve Young or Drew Brees. It's probably for the best their teams gave up on them after 18 games. For the love of Pete, Deberg started his career with 21 (11 games), 20 (15 games) and 17 (9 games) INTs and at one point set the NFL record for most consecutive passes without an INT, and set the NFL single season record for lowest INT percentage.
    Kyler Murray had only 3 few turnovers in 2020 than Drew Lock. Fans make this huge ordeal about 15 interceptions when it was a handful more than a #1 pick. Lock was 8-10 over his first two seasons while Murray was 13-18-1 over his first two seasons. Murray hasn’t gone more than 3 games in his 3rd season without an interception, yet people dismiss Lock going 3 games without a turnover. Some make a big deal about Lock losing 3 games starting this season - Murray lost 3 games back to back including losing to the 1-10-1 Lions, and Lock didn’t play the entire season and had few 1st team reps.

The difference is that Arizona committed to developing Murray and riding out a lot of losing in the first two seasons. Murray is talented however he had the benefit of Kingsbury for three years and the same QB coach his first two seasons. Lock made his share of mistakes however his development was badly mismanaged by the former coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied

So young, turnover prone, QBs never improve with development and playing time... Got it. I guess that's why nobody has ever heard of Rich Gannon, Steve Deberg, Steve Young or Drew Brees. I't probably for the best their teams gave up on them after 18 games. For the love of Pete, Deberg started his career with 21 (11 games), 20 (15 games) and 17 (9 games) INTs and at one point set the NFL record for most consecutive passes without an INT, and set the NFL single season record for lowest INT percentage.
    The problem is nobody is patient. We want things right now . It's funny because the average time people say a Qb should have to know if they got it is 3 seasons . Unless they're so bad like Paxton Lynch. Lock was wrote off with 18 games. 18 games is a far cry from 48 games . The whole TB experiment just delayed that
    Last edited by KernCoBroncofan; 01-09-2022, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    It is strange That people continue talk in a Drew Lock thread about how they don't like him, and that there shouldn't be a thread about him, but continue with all the negativity towards him????
    There are plenty of other threads with other stuff to talk about. I'm not really sure of the purpose to continue with all the negativity about Drew Lock????
    (Kind of reminds me of our old coach Fangio.)

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Drew lock wouldn’t have managed to win many games this season a good example is the cowboys game.

wanna talk about development? He was developing into one of the most turnover prone reckless abs in the league, he sucks
    So young, turnover prone, QBs never improve with development and playing time... Got it. I guess that's why nobody has ever heard of Rich Gannon, Steve Deberg, Steve Young or Drew Brees. It's probably for the best their teams gave up on them after 18 games. For the love of Pete, Deberg started his career with 21 (11 games), 20 (15 games) and 17 (9 games) INTs and at one point set the NFL record for most consecutive passes without an INT, and set the NFL single season record for lowest INT percentage.
    Last edited by broncojuan; 01-09-2022, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    IMO, Lock did enough down the stretch to justify keeping him in the QB room.

On the other hand, he also increased his trade value.

I like Lock, but I also acknowledge his shortcomings. I’m not opposed to either scenario playing out

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    As Peter King just noted:

21 NFL seasons this century

22 quarterbacks started for the Broncos this century.

Lock is hardly the problem based on Denver’s track record.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Maybe the new coach will figure out how to develop Drew.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X