All Broncos QBs ineligible to play vs NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Problem I have with this report ( if accurate) is the other teams cited all had delayed games or fines/ picks for “post game” offenses. I also have seen posts citing other teams being forced to play with makeshift Olines or practice squad WRs.

Big difference from forcing the Broncos to play without a QB. Especially if the game could be delayed a couple days to get one or more back “if” they test negative. Add to my confusion of the decision to allow the Ravens 5 days to sort it out?

As I pointed out before, this has playoff implications. Is part of the Ravens decision based on them being on the bubble and currently out of the playoffs? Or for the Saints, NFC is tight. One unexpected loss traveling to Denver could drop them from 1st seed to WildCard in one weekend. Thought the league announced it wouldn’t base decisions on competitive reasons. There are several NFC teams this effects.

This is rubbing me the wrong way. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. Likely time for me to step away and just enjoy what I can from today’s game. Still hoping for a shock the world upset and a post game middle finger to the league.

Go Broncos!

I feel pretty much like you do. This has gotten me annoyed. I try to be sympatric to all involved in this very difficult situation where they trying to run a competitive sports business. The NFL has been no where near consistent with their actions through all of this which makes it harder as a fan. I did hear someone say months ago these decisions are made with the NFLPA which gives me more hope they are done as fair as possible when actually there are probably no truly fair decisions to be made.

Glad I am just a fan and do not have hours upon hours of my work invested like the players, coaches and employees of the teams.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      This is on par with this year #2020 best year ever (not)
      I herd they were going to do a edit to Back to the Future so they could add in the line "What ever you do Marty...DO NOT go to 2020"
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I’m almost excited to find out what it’s like for them to play without a quarterback.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• And here we go, more new reports. The NFL shut down the Broncos QBs because of two indoor meetings. The problem for the NFL, the Broncos submitted the proposed meetings for approval, and the NFL signed off on it, twice. And the Broncos have the approval in writing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-plan-twice/

Comment

• It’s going to be WR Hinton coming off the practice squad. It should be interesting!
            sigpic

Comment

• We’re about to play a backyard thanksgiving pickup game against the Saints. Hinton is probably going to be drawing up plays in the dirt

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                And here we go, more new reports. The NFL shut down the Broncos QBs because of two indoor meetings. The problem for the NFL, the Broncos submitted the proposed meetings for approval, and the NFL signed off on it, twice. And the Broncos have the approval in writing.

This should be a simple matter for both sides. Simply publish the request and the approval (redacted of necessary to protect confidentiality). And it would be reasonable if the League turns out to be in the wrong, that we get an extra compensatory draft pick for 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  And here we go, more new reports. The NFL shut down the Broncos QBs because of two indoor meetings. The problem for the NFL, the Broncos submitted the proposed meetings for approval, and the NFL signed off on it, twice. And the Broncos have the approval in writing.

If the game goes horribly wrong and/or if there are any injuries related to the untenable position the Broncos are put in it will look bad for the whole league.

There is no way to know what is said behind closed doors but I would not be surprised if there has been serious displeasure expressed from other teams and team owners at what the league is doing, more so as some of this info You've posted that's been reported.

This whole incident is beyond parody. Welcome to the National Kabuki League.
                  Last edited by Rastic; 11-29-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• The NFL should have known it was going to be a huge story they forcing the Broncos to play without a QB

Does not surprise me all these secret source reports coming out saying all kinds of things. Sucks the Broncos had to show written approval to show Lindsay Jones source was incorrect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

If the game goes horribly wrong and/or if there are any injuries related to the untenable position the Broncos are put in it will look bad for the whole league.

There is no way to know what is said begging closed doors but I would not be surprised if there has been serious displeasure expressed from other teams and team owners at what the league is doing, more so as some of this info You've posted that's been reported.

This whole incident is beyond parody. Welcome to the National Kabuki League.
                      It get talks about some but probably forgotten...one of the things QB master is the art of throwing a pass in which the player catching the ball will not get lit up by a defender. Someone who has been a WR since coming into the NFL will probably be bad at this. There will also probably be balls held onto longer which will put OL at risk.

Really hope none of our young players on offense get hurt because we playing a guy at QB who has absolute zero NFL experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It get talks about some but probably forgotten...one of the things QB master is the art of throwing a pass in which the player catching the ball will not get lit up by a defender. Someone who has been a WR since coming into the NFL will probably be bad at this. There will also probably be balls held onto longer which will put OL at risk.

Really hope none of our young players on offense get hurt because we playing a guy at QB who has absolute zero NFL experience.
                        Not to mention the added aggression and motivation needed to win this game

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          Lamar Jackson gets covid... postpone the game

All Broncos QB's get covid.... gotta play.
                          Completely agree with this. I'm a Saints fan, who had to register on your board because I was so disgusted with this crap. It's not right.

Q - If other teams selectively get to postpone, why not everyone?
                          A - Because it's a double standard.

The answer above fills me with disgust, and I want no part in it.

Comment

• Comment

• This game is going to be so bad. NFL deserves every bit of this fiasco
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• I been thinking of what could be gained by pushing game to Tue...last I read someone has to go through 6 day cool off period after getting signed. Maybe an exception could have been made for someone already on a practice squad I dunno.

The Broncos apparently asked the league for a postponement...I wonder what they thought would have been gained by moving the game back a day or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X