No announcement yet.

All Broncos QBs ineligible to play vs NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irony, iro·​ny, n : a situation where a Bronco might actually catch something from QB Jeff Driskel.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Not sure we can blame this on the league. If we don't follow the protocol no point being a whiner. Whiners are losers.

Adam Schefter of ESPN was first to report that all three players were ineligible and were considered high-risk contacts of a person who tested positive -- and none of them was wearing a mask at the time.
      So are the other two QBs disqualified for not wearing a mask or would they have been disqualified anyways?
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Since hearing news of this horrendous decision by the NFL, have had to go about my evening chores while exercising emotional restraint; when angry, have a tendency to lose motor control, applying too much force to a task sometimes resulting in breakage.

This is a sick joke by the league. They cleared Denver to practice after Driskel went into quarantine. By requiring the Broncos to play with no QBs they are creating a ridiculous situation in which some guys will be unnecessarily injured. The game should not be played under the circumstances they are dictating.

If it was up to me, the players would gather at Dove Valley in the morning and have the ramifications of a forfeit explained, after which every player would receive a ballot to vote in secret to play or forfeit without any discussion. If they voted to forfeit, would send them home and have no one from the team go to the stadium.

If the game takes place, it will be a challenge to the sense of good sportsmanship for the players and coaching staffs of both teams. Sean Payton should be carefully observed in view of the fact he presided over a situation with the Saints that resulted in his suspension for the 2012 season.

This is crap. This is the second time the NFL has hosed the Denver Broncos this season. They wouldn't do this to a team from the Eastern Time Zone.
        I heard that in the case of a forfeit, none of the players on either team get paid. Not fair to the Saints to cost them money. Plus, I’m sure there would be other penalties imposed if they did that. But, I understand. This is a game you watch only if you’re a die hard of both teams. I doubt I hang in there for four quarters. Even Vegas took it off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

I heard that in the case of a forfeit, none of the players on either team get paid. Not fair to the Saints to cost them money. Plus, I’m sure there would be other penalties imposed if they did that. But, I understand. This is a game you watch only if you’re a die hard of both teams. I doubt I hang in there for four quarters. Even Vegas took it off the board.
          This was reported. It was agreed on before the season but I think the wording was meant for if the season gets cut short for worst case scenario. Pretty sure something will be looked at if one team actually forfeits a game.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

I heard one of the NFL reporters on Twitter mention that a forfeiting team would also lose their 2021 1st Round Draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Irony, iro·​ny, n : a situation where a Bronco might actually catch something from QB Jeff Driskel.
              😂😂😂😂😂. Now this is hilarious
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Nah, that would be Lock who you all love so much. Kap has shown more than any qb on our roster
                Lock is 7-6 as a starter in the NFL. Kaep was 3-16 in his last 19 starts and hasn't played in years. Even Rypien is above .500. Kaep would do nothing for us except to secure us a top 5 pick.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Comment

As rough as this is for us, I'd imagine that the Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks and Bucs are livid that New Orleans gets an inside track to a win tomorrow when all of them are vying for top seeding in the NFC. But who knows, if we stack the box and force Hill to throw, maybe the D can force some needed turnovers and give us a shot at stealing a W.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Nah, that would be Lock who you all love so much. Kap has shown more than any qb on our roster
                      People really need to get over their obsession with Keapernick. He fell off once Harbaugh left. You don't get benched for Sunshine Blaine Gabbert if you're a great QB option.
                      And he's been out the league for 4yrs since. The thought that Colin could walk in and just be effective is asinine. Even of the current rules didn't exist bc of covid, Denver would be smarter to just trade for a backup that could also end up challenging Lock for the start...ala Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

So they made sure this wasn't put in place AFTER the FRIGGING DEADLINE for them to sign anyone huh? Who the HELL is making up these dumbassed rules anyway??? More people ARE wearing masks. MORE people are getting sick then ever before!?!?!? Why is this?
                        sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          The Broncos put themselves in this position. They better go out and win. No excuses. I'm not giving them a pass on this game if this whole QB thing is their own doing.
                          I think your're missing the point. Do you think the Broncos are the only team who have players that have practiced without masks? How about the ones that have already had their games moved? I doubt the Broncos are the only ones in this category but good to know where you stand.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

It would be the BIGGEST story if the Broncos can beat the Saints with only their defense and playing the WildCat and the game will most likely won't be televised.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

OK, well, that settles it. I want my Adopt-A-Bronco to be Kendell Hinton. Assuming he starts at QB.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Hey. Guys. Guys, guys, guys. Relax. This is Kendell Hinton's team now. Accept it. Roll with it.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X