No announcement yet.

All Broncos QBs ineligible to play vs NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how the NFL knows that they weren’t wearing masks when in close contact with Driskel. Does the NFL have these guy’s under 24 hour video surveillance, or spy’s in the building. If not, someone would have had to rat them out.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I'm obviously having fun with this issue. You really have to take it in stride and just enjoy the entertainment, this year is like an extended preseason. But now I'm kinda excited to see Hinton play.
      I'm always excited to see a young guy get a shot. I was excited for Allen and Lock last year in their first starts. Was excited for Driskel even thought that ended very quickly. Was really glad to see Rypien get his first W in his first start.

Definitely gonna be rooting for Hinton tomorrow. Obviously there won't really be any game plan besides run the ball and stay healthy. Guy hasn't so much as taken a practice snap at QB in 2 years, so expectations will be super low. If the offense can go out and play really loose and get some big runs, an upset wouldn't be out of the question. Either way, I hope the kid can go out and have some fun in his first NFL game.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
        I wonder how the NFL knows that they weren’t wearing masks when in close contact with Driskel. Does the NFL have these guy’s under 24 hour video surveillance, or spy’s in the building. If not, someone would have had to rat them out.
        Some people have integrity.
        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

This is going to be weird for the team, because the game plan they'll have is probably being created right now and will likely be installed in the morning. They do have one thing going for them, the Saints have no idea what they're going to see tomorrow. Whether it's 3 TEs with an extra lineman and them running the ball from a more traditional look, or whether it'll be more of a spread type look with lots of receivers and that will open up possible seams.

With Freeman having been the emergency third string QB this season, they've probably got a wildcat offense (very basic) installed for him to run. So they'll probably try to run that some, and they'll modify that for Hinton. A slightly dangerous thing for the Saints is that Hinton is a true threat receiving, so they have to cover him when he goes out wide in a wildcat.

For me the Broncos game plan should be simple, throw every single thing you have at the Saints in all three phases. On defense go all out aggressive, and try to hammer and rattle Hill and make him prove he can be an NFL QB that beats you with his arm. On special teams, try to block every single punt and run as many fake punts as you can. On offense get creative and roll between several players (Hinton, Freeman, Gordon and Lindsay) taking the snap. If you can force the Saints to have to account for all 6 non-lineman as threats with the ball, then they have to play honest assignment football, and the chances of one player trying to do too much, or screwing up their assignment multiplies. The reason college teams that run the triple option have success is because the defense has to stay so disciplined, if they don't then big plays happen.

More than anything though, the NFL has set the Broncos up to fail, and no one expects them to have a chance. So why not throw everything you have at the Saints, if it doesn't work and you lose, you're no worse off than expected.

EDIT: Not a good start to the Hinton era when I post mixing him up with Trinity Benson.
          Last edited by Butler By'Note; 11-28-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

What was already a trap game for the Saints has just become a we just have to show up type Of game. I doubt Hinton who hasn’t played QB in years and wasn’t very good at it to begin with in college is going to come in and light them up. But he will likely see a ton of stacked boxes, probably a ton of Cover 1 maybe even Cover 0. If the WRs can win quick at the LoS they can rip off some big gains.

But this will be a run heavy game. Expect Gordon to fumble at some point because he’s going to try and break every tackle and fight for every yard he can get. Lindsay with his speed could be in line for a big day if he can get past the initial wave which in theory can be easier than it seems since the defense will have to account for Hinton pulling the ball on an option. But the Saints likely see a lot of option stuff in practice from Hill anyway so they’ll probably be better prepared for it.

I do expect to see a lot of different players at QB tomorrow. Gordon, Lindsay, Freeman, Hinton, Jeudy, Hamler, maybe even Fant. Who knows maybe Vannett makes a better QB than TE. Maybe Nikola Jokic shows up and rips some full court passes.

This does create some unnecessary injury risk for the players though. The Broncos are going to be excessively physical and aggressive in all aspects because they have to if they want to pull this out.

Comment

I was just talking about my obscure Bronco starting QB jerseys today. Hinton will be the pinnacle of this collection.

Comment

If only we still had Eddie Royal to be our QB!
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Colin Kaepernick is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
                    Not available to play tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Not available to play tomorrow
                      Paxton Lynch?

Comment

Because no one wants him. Kyle Sloter is better anyway.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Didn’t the NBA have a contingency to let certain players play on either team if the other team didn’t have enough players? Could be wrong, but that’d be nice if we could borrow Winston for this game lol

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Didn’t the NBA have a contingency to let certain players play on either team if the other team didn’t have enough players? Could be wrong, but that’d be nice if we could borrow Winston for this game lol
                            I'm sure we can throw 2 or 3 INTs tomorrow all by ourselves. We wouldn't need Winston's help.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Each week, some fans were complaining that we have no QBs. And here we are.

Not really funny. And I really wish I got the game.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Paxton Lynch?

Cam tests positive. Broncos lose bye. Game postponed.

Driskel tests positive. Broncos lose all 3 QBs. Game goes ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X