All Broncos QBs ineligible to play vs NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Cam tests positive. Broncos lose bye. Game postponed.

Driskel tests positive. Broncos lose all 3 QBs. Game goes ahead.

Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      Bag of tricks
      I was feeling the exact same way.

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
      Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 11-29-2020, 04:37 AM.
      Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Denver needs a real owner. MrB would have never allow this.

Comment

Comment

I know this would never happen but this is where the saints should get together with the broncos and say screw you nfl we aren't playing this game like this.
            sigpic

Comment

I can not fully explain the NFL covid rules/discipline, but beyond The Broncos, the rules are being enforced. Here's just one of the latest:

Saints fined $500K, docked draft pick, Patriots fined $350K for COVID-19 protocol violations (nfl.com)

The NFL continued this week to issue out financial and competitive discipline to teams violating its COVID-19 protocols.

The New England Patriots were fined $350,000 for protocol violations stemming from issues in October when Cam Newton and others tested positive, forcing the league, among other things, to push back their Week 4 game against the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Meanwhile, the New Orleans Saints were fined $500,000 and docked a seventh-round pick for their maskless locker room celebration following their Week 9 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rapoport reported. New Orleans was also found to have conducted a maskless meeting.

The Saints are repeat offenders. Earlier this season, the league fined both the Saints and the Las Vegas Raiders organizations $250,000 each and coaches Sean Payton and Jon Gruden $100,000 each for failure to follow proper face-covering protocol during their Week 2 clash on Monday Night Football.

The financial aspects have been reasonably stiff, but as you can see, there are draft picks involved.

Like it or not, The NFL is trying to enforce rules and regulations relative to this pandemic, and it's not easy. And worse, with the rise of cases in many parts of the world, the burden in creases on the league to keep this thing under wraps for the next couple of months. Anyone who thinks a multi billion dollar industry is easy to manage in these times, or has issues with players/coaches being unaware of expectations, should reconsider given the impacts of losing control of the process. I do realize how crazy this ruling against our team appears, but I don't envy those trying to run the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Each week, some fans were complaining that we have no QBs. And here we are.

Not really funny. And I really wish I got the game.
                Who needs QBs when we have a PS WR who can throw the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post

Some people have integrity.
                  Yes, I think this is right. The team/affected players probably admitted their mistake to the League.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    Denver needs a real owner. MrB would have never allow this.
                    This is probably why the game won’t be postponed. The pats had our game postponed to get Cam back and made the league break their backs trying to accommodate the schedule for it. They postponed this Ravens game which probably shouldn’t even be played at this point. They’ve moved a few other games around.

Yet they can’t move our game around despite us not having any QB available to play? An owner wouldn’t allow this, without an owner they can’t do much to convince anyone

Comment

• And the Saints are battling for the top spot in the NFC and the Broncos are still fighting to stay alive in the playoff race (although very unlikely, it's still there). Why would the league want one team to be placed at such a disadvantage???? Makes ZERO sense.....

Comment

• This situation is exactly one where the game needs to be postponed. Doesn't surprise me though it is par for the joke called the NFL. Or is it WWNFL?
                        sigpic

Comment

• The other part of the equation is that postponing the game means we essentially get a prime time spot but no one outside of Broncos/Saints fans really cares for a Lock/Hill matchup

Comment

• We're going to win....

Comment

• I defended the league's decision to postpone the patriots game at the time, thinking the same courtesy would be extended if the broncos were in the same situation.. good lord was I wrong. How is every other team allowed to postpone their games because of covid and we're so hamstrung by it that we're literally asking to play a COACH at quarterback. And if the denial of postponement isn't bad enough, that request is also denied?!?!

How is this organization not taking a stand???

I would fully support the team if they decided not to play in protest of this gross double standard miss-management by the NFL.

Comment

• Sources: Denver Broncos' bid to start assistant coach at QB denied by league

The Denver Broncos are expected to start undrafted rookie practice squad wide receiver Kendall Hinton at quarterback Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, but the team wanted their starting QB to be Rob Calabrese, their offensive quality control coach for the past two years, sources told ESPN on Sunday.

Denver felt that Calabrese had the strongest command of its offense and he could run the system better than anybody, sources told ESPN. The league denied those requests that were made throughout the day Saturday, saying that the Broncos could not activate a coach to their active roster. The league doesn't want coaching staffs being storage areas for potential players, sources said.

While the team and some of its players took to social media to make light of the quarterback situation for Sunday's game, Hinton, who was the quarterback at Wake Forest for three seasons, was elevated from the practice squad.

The Broncos also repeatedly asked the NFL to push Sunday's game back to Tuesday to allow some of their quarterbacks to come off the reserve/COVID-19 list, sources told ESPN.

Commissioner Roger Goodell denied those requests, much to the chagrin of the Broncos, who felt the league was being unreasonable, sources told ESPN.
                                EDITOR'S PICKS
                                • All Broncos QBs unavailable Sunday vs. Saints

The Broncos' three eligible quarterbacks -- Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles -- were each deemed to be high-risk COVID-19 close contacts and none of the three can be in uniform for Sunday's game, the team announced on Saturday night.

Denver's statement didn't say who the players came in contact with, but sources told ESPN it was quarterback Jeff Driskel. Driskel tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday and was moved to the team's reserve/COVID-19 list later that day.

Lock, Rypien and Bortles, who is on the practice squad, were pulled off the field early in Saturday's practice and told to isolate at home after contact-tracing concerns had arisen, sources told ESPN. The three were discovered to have not worn masks at one point during contact with Driskel, team sources told ESPN, but it was unclear whether that occurred during practice or a meeting.

The Broncos are also bracing to be fined and have a draft pick taken away for not adhering to COVID-19 safety protocols, a source told ESPN.
                                Can't tell if Denver is trying to troll here....

Comment

Working...
                                X