All Broncos QBs ineligible to play vs NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Denver needs a real owner. MrB would have never allow this.
    Agreed 100%

Joe Ellis is failing as a leader here on multiple levels.

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Cam tests positive. Broncos lose bye. Game postponed.

Driskel tests positive. Broncos lose all 3 QBs. Game goes ahead.

Yea at this point I think the only thing I can figure out is the NFL is hammering the weak owners and the strong owners are standing up for their teams.

The Pit/Bal game has been pushed back multiple times from Thur to Tue
    Last edited by Hadez; 11-29-2020, 09:22 AM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• We don’t even get the advantage of the Saints not being able to gameplan for a QB because we haven’t even gameplanned for starting Hinton at QB. Poor kid is probably going into this game with 0 sleep because he was likely given his package of plays last night and had to learn them for today. Actually there’s probably a couple of players in that same boat

Comment

• Just read the Broncos are expected to be fined and lose a pick on top of this absurd decision.

Has it been explained why the game can’t be delayed a couple days for testing and a QB to return?

Unfortunately I understand that the League is making an example of the Broncos, for breaking protocol and IMO for the ownership issue. But how are the other teams accepting this crap? Any NFC team playing for a playoff spot should be protesting too. This decision has implications beyond the Broncos.

Can not express how much I want the Broncos to find a way to win this to stick it to the league. A round of post game interviews with a very plain “ curse word you”( prefer not getting admonished by mods today) lol. Not likely but man it would be fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
          I wonder how the NFL knows that they weren’t wearing masks when in close contact with Driskel. Does the NFL have these guy’s under 24 hour video surveillance, or spy’s in the building. If not, someone would have had to rat them out.
          Our QBs do not seem to be the type to hide details. My guess is they said what happened while the NFL/Broncos do tracing interviews.

Originally posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
          I wonder how the NFL knows that they weren’t wearing masks when in close contact with Driskel. Does the NFL have these guy’s under 24 hour video surveillance, or spy’s in the building. If not, someone would have had to rat them out.
          Well since this has been made public people should have known the various forms of "Judge Mask Dredd" will show up.

It is not possible to wear a mask 100% of the time. People eat...people drink.

What were the details of masks not being worn? I personally want details before I will jump to conclusions and judge people.
          Last edited by Hadez; 11-29-2020, 09:18 AM.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Just read the Broncos are expected to be fined and lose a pick on top of this absurd decision.

Has it been explained why the game can’t be delayed a couple days for testing and a QB to return?

Unfortunately I understand that the League is making an example of the Broncos, for breaking protocol and IMO for the ownership issue. But how are the other teams accepting this crap? Any NFC team playing for a playoff spot should be protesting too. This decision has implications beyond the Broncos.

Can not express how much I want the Broncos to find a way to win this to stick it to the league. A round of post game interviews with a very plain “ curse word you”( prefer not getting admonished by mods today) lol. Not likely but man it would be fun!
            Do you have a link?

Here is one I found in a short search of Saints docked a 7th for 2nd offense.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...efdf72247.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Agreed 100%

Joe Ellis is failing as a leader here on multiple levels.
              Would like to see a bit more of a response from Ellis or Elway. Where is the outrage of such a royal screwing by the league?

In this case the fine would be worth standing up for the Bronco players and organization.

Not interested in seeing measured and polite press releases. Elway needs to throw a tantrum.

Comment

• Just fire Calaprese as a coach and sign him to a contract

Comment

Would like to see a bit more of a response from Ellis or Elway. Where is the outrage of such a royal screwing by the league?

In this case the fine would be worth standing up for the Bronco players and organization.

Not interested in seeing measured and polite press releases. Elway needs to throw a tantrum.

It would make me feel better about our leadership of the team to see this. The NFL would probably penalize us for the outbreak though.

Would also like to see our leadership either stand by the players or come down hard on the players depending on the details of the tracing interviews.

Comment

Do you have a link?

Here is one I found in a short search of Saints docked a 7th for 2nd offense.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...efdf72247.html
                    Sorry no link. Just a comment in various stories that Broncos are “ bracing for fines and loss of draft pick”

One posted a few posts above this by ESPN sources. Nothing definitive yet, just expecting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      Denver needs a real owner. MrB would have never allow this.
                      This has zero to do with having an owner or not having an owner, most of the issues people perceive as from lacking an owner have zero to do with that. The Packers have no owner, it's never been a problem. This is the league being intent on making an example of someone and the Broncos gave them the most high profile opportunity to do so. But they forced the 49ers to play earlier this year while missing most of their receivers. The NFL was ready to make the Raiders play games with the possibility of their entire o-line missing and then later their entire starting defense. Both of those teams have "real" owners.

They need to get the ownership thing figured out quickly, but this isn't an example of it being an issue.

Comment

Personally the response I'd like to see the Broncos make is by making a mockery of this game. Start the game with 10 on offense (no QB) and take the time count violation. Then keep 10 on there and kneel down the next 3 plays before punting. Let the league (end everyone else) know how you feel about this league decision exactly so it can't be misconstrued.

Although I'm sure that'll be the first time in league history that a team will be fined for playing with 10.

Comment

Sorry no link. Just a comment in various stories that Broncos are “ bracing for fines and loss of draft pick”

One posted a few posts above this by ESPN sources. Nothing definitive yet, just expecting it.

Just curious thank you. I would like to see more details about the incident. It will probably come out with the pressers over the next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

This has zero to do with having an owner or not having an owner, most of the issues people perceive as from lacking an owner have zero to do with that. The Packers have no owner, it's never been a problem. This is the league being intent on making an example of someone and the Broncos gave them the most high profile opportunity to do so. But they forced the 49ers to play earlier this year while missing most of their receivers. The NFL was ready to make the Raiders play games with the possibility of their entire o-line missing and then later their entire starting defense. Both of those teams have "real" owners.

They need to get the ownership thing figured out quickly, but this isn't an example of it being an issue.
                            How do you explain why some teams get their game day extended to later day and it does not seem like we are offered the same?

Comment

• And here is a new report that the Broncos' QBs refused to cooperate with the NFL/NFLPA contact tracers. That could be why the league is not helping the Broncos in any way. Also it's going to be a large fine for the players and team if it's true. But this is just one report, and we've seen before where these things could end up being only partially true or even completely wrong.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ntact-tracing/

Comment

How do you explain why some teams get their game day extended to later day and it does not seem like we are offered the same?
                                That would be a question for the league, but I did give two other example of teams with no ownership questions that were told they must play regardless as well. It likely has to do with actual positive tests vs contact tracing issues on players that are testing negative.

Comment

Working...
                                X