All Broncos QBs ineligible to play vs NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It would make me feel better about our leadership of the team to see this. The NFL would probably penalize us for the outbreak though.

Would also like to see our leadership either stand by the players or come down hard on the players depending on the details of the tracing interviews.
    Outbreak?? We have one player tested positive?!?!? Who am I missing?? All other QBs are just considered high risk, not actual positive cases

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Outbreak?? We have one player tested positive?!?!? Who am I missing?? All other QBs are just considered high risk, not actual positive cases
      Ironically if all of the Broncos QBs had tested positive then the game would have been delayed.

Comment

Had there been an outbreak the League would have postponed the game. We are being penalised for not following protocols without there having been an outbreak. If more players had tested positive the game would have been postponed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          And here is a new report that the Broncos' QBs refused to cooperate with the NFL/NFLPA contact tracers. That could be why the league is not helping the Broncos in any way. Also it's going to be a large fine for the players and team if it's true. But this is just one report, and we've seen before where these things could end up being only partially true or even completely wrong.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ntact-tracing/
          Thanks for this Butler! Facts are a good thing.

Just to add, it's hard to run a billion dollar league without showing some signs of assertiveness, especially in these times of rising cases. We've come this far and so far, pretty good. But there are a couple months to go, and a lot riding on it. No one wants to have to reschedule games every week, or come up with a plan B to resume a shortened season.

And though some feel we are being targeted, here's just another example of the fines/draft picks being charged:

Saints fined $500K, docked draft pick, Patriots fined $350K for COVID-19 protocol violations (nfl.com)

The NFL continued this week to issue out financial and competitive discipline to teams violating its COVID-19 protocols.

The New England Patriots were fined $350,000 for protocol violations stemming from issues in October when Cam Newton and others tested positive, forcing the league, among other things, to push back their Week 4 game against the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Meanwhile, the New Orleans Saints were fined $500,000 and docked a seventh-round pick for their maskless locker room celebration following their Week 9 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rapoport reported. New Orleans was also found to have conducted a maskless meeting.

The Saints are repeat offenders. Earlier this season, the league fined both the Saints and the Las Vegas Raiders organizations $250,000 each and coaches Sean Payton and Jon Gruden $100,000 each for failure to follow proper face-covering protocol during their Week 2 clash on Monday Night Football.

Not just us. Not a good idea to ignore/disobey the rules. When in doubt in times like this, do the smart thing.

Comment

• 9news ... Per source, the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to the source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers.
            Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 11-29-2020, 10:50 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

You are right there is no covid outbreak with only Driskel testing positive. Maybe if you read the thread I quoted again you will see the other possible meaning for the word.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                9nerws ... Per source, the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to the source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers.
                This appears to contradict the other report quoted that suggested the players did not cooperate with the League's Covid tracers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  And here is a new report that the Broncos' QBs refused to cooperate with the NFL/NFLPA contact tracers. That could be why the league is not helping the Broncos in any way. Also it's going to be a large fine for the players and team if it's true. But this is just one report, and we've seen before where these things could end up being only partially true or even completely wrong.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ntact-tracing/
                  I dunno if anyone actually took the time to read the tweet but it is very vague lacking any details.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

This appears to contradict the other report quoted that suggested the players did not cooperate with the League's Covid tracers.
                    Which is normal for NFL reporting, where there's a report of one thing followed almost immediately by the report of the exact opposite. Eventually Schefter will have the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      9nerws ... Per source, the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to the source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers.
                      It is difficult to be "textbook" while needing to eat and drink. I work in an environment with strict covid protocols....people will get written up to their perm record. No one wears a mask 100% of the time.
                      Last edited by Hadez; 11-29-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I try not to judge a report before I read it but I have seen a lot of sensational reporting over the recent years as people try to get views and likes. Assumptions of bad things get more likes and views than people who actually report the facts.

Comment

• Sometimes "next man up" isn't quite as "promising" an idea as we would hope....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thanks for this Butler! Facts are a good thing.

Just to add, it's hard to run a billion dollar league without showing some signs of assertiveness, especially in these times of rising cases. We've come this far and so far, pretty good. But there are a couple months to go, and a lot riding on it. No one wants to have to reschedule games every week, or come up with a plan B to resume a shortened season.

And though some feel we are being targeted, here's just another example of the fines/draft picks being charged:

Saints fined $500K, docked draft pick, Patriots fined $350K for COVID-19 protocol violations (nfl.com)

The NFL continued this week to issue out financial and competitive discipline to teams violating its COVID-19 protocols.

The New England Patriots were fined $350,000 for protocol violations stemming from issues in October when Cam Newton and others tested positive, forcing the league, among other things, to push back their Week 4 game against the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Meanwhile, the New Orleans Saints were fined $500,000 and docked a seventh-round pick for their maskless locker room celebration following their Week 9 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rapoport reported. New Orleans was also found to have conducted a maskless meeting.

The Saints are repeat offenders. Earlier this season, the league fined both the Saints and the Las Vegas Raiders organizations $250,000 each and coaches Sean Payton and Jon Gruden $100,000 each for failure to follow proper face-covering protocol during their Week 2 clash on Monday Night Football.

Not just us. Not a good idea to ignore/disobey the rules. When in doubt in times like this, do the smart thing.
                            Problem I have with this report ( if accurate) is the other teams cited all had delayed games or fines/ picks for “post game” offenses. I also have seen posts citing other teams being forced to play with makeshift Olines or practice squad WRs.

Big difference from forcing the Broncos to play without a QB. Especially if the game could be delayed a couple days to get one or more back “if” they test negative. Add to my confusion of the decision to allow the Ravens 5 days to sort it out?

As I pointed out before, this has playoff implications. Is part of the Ravens decision based on them being on the bubble and currently out of the playoffs? Or for the Saints, NFC is tight. One unexpected loss traveling to Denver could drop them from 1st seed to WildCard in one weekend. Thought the league announced it wouldn’t base decisions on competitive reasons. There are several NFC teams this effects.

This is rubbing me the wrong way. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. Likely time for me to step away and just enjoy what I can from today’s game. Still hoping for a shock the world upset and a post game middle finger to the league.

Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Problem I have with this report ( if accurate) is the other teams cited all had delayed games or fines/ picks for “post game” offenses. I also have seen posts citing other teams being forced to play with makeshift Olines or practice squad WRs.

Big difference from forcing the Broncos to play without a QB. Especially if the game could be delayed a couple days to get one or more back “if” they test negative. Add to my confusion of the decision to allow the Ravens 5 days to sort it out?

As I pointed out before, this has playoff implications. Is part of the Ravens decision based on them being on the bubble and currently out of the playoffs? Or for the Saints, NFC is tight. One unexpected loss traveling to Denver could drop them from 1st seed to WildCard in one weekend. Thought the league announced it wouldn’t base decisions on competitive reasons. There are several NFC teams this effects.

This is rubbing me the wrong way. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. Likely time for me to step away and just enjoy what I can from today’s game. Still hoping for a shock the world upset and a post game middle finger to the league.

Go Broncos!

I can attest that I am not familiar enough with all the rulings to be totally confident in them. But again, the league has got to be tough, and if teams are caught, there will not be much sympathy. Whether this is fairly processed throughout the league is hard for me to judge. But it does us little good to spend much time on it, in my opinion, and in fact, it may all be warranted. The NFL, like so many businesses, has got to send the message....and hopefully consistently.

Comment

• This is on par with this year #2020 best year ever (not)

Comment

Working...
                                X