No announcement yet.

Kendall Hinton Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still probably processing the reality of what's just happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
      He's still probably processing the reality of what's just happened.
      Hopefully he realizes that this isn't everything and there's a reason he switched to WR. He can still be successful
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

He was asked to do the impossible, and yet went out there and tried anyway.

He deserves major props.
        Mad respect & props 4 @Kendall_Hinton2… I don’t care stats or score, this young man did nothing but battle w/ the crappy hand he was dealt! Have heart & courage like that – in the world of haters – he deserves more shots to get on field doing what he does best! #TakeHimOnMyTeam

— Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) November 29, 2020
        Kendall Hinton

👏👏

Nothing else needs to be said. Good for you man…

— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) November 29, 2020
        Nothing but respect to Kendall Hinton. Clearly not going anywhere as a QB but that was an impossible ask. He has now played in the NFL and a sincere congrats to him.

— Tyler Polumbus (@Tyler_Polumbus) November 30, 2020
        #Broncos WR Kendall Hinton was put in an impossible situation today, having to play QB after all 4 players at the position were ineligible due to CoVID protocols/not wearing masks. @Kendall_Hinton2 hold your head, you stepped to the plate. It's a story for your future grand kids. https://t.co/imNYvLgMIp

— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) November 30, 2020
        Respect to Kendall Hinton ✊

Broncos WR got called up from the practice squad with no reps in practice and started vs. the Saints.

Undrafted rookie gave it his all @brgridiron pic.twitter.com/saIjNcsc0z

— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) November 29, 2020
        Well done @Kendall_Hinton2 👏#BroncosCountry pic.twitter.com/x64kSvPrhy

— Ryan Greene 📷 (@RyanCBS4) November 29, 2020
        Broncos QB Kendall Hinton deserves respect 👏 @Kendall_Hinton2

✅ Undrafted WR
        ✅ Came off the practice squad
        ✅ Zero practice reps
        ✅ Competed in his first NFL game pic.twitter.com/KJJvCRTKW1

— ESPN (@espn) November 30, 2020
        PLAYER OF THE GAME | Given no time to prepare and the unprecedented circumstances, #Broncos quarterback (on Sunday) Kendall Hinton deserves all the credit in the world for stepping up under center pic.twitter.com/wnlR8ZxpKZ

— Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan (@1043TheFan) November 30, 2020
        Kendall Hinton was a state championship QB in high school and played some QB in college. Against an NFL defense, he's 1/9 with 2 INTs.

Remember this the next time somebody on Twitter says they could accomplish anything in a pro sport other than immediately fall down.

— Zach Kram (@zachkram) November 29, 2020
        Real talk, I hope Kendall Hinton doesn't end up as a punch line after this game. He was truly set up to fail and it's not his fault.

— M.G. (@MarcasG) November 29, 2020
        No matter what happens I have mad respect for Kendall Hinton. This ain't easy.

— Jeff Asher (@Crimealytics) November 29, 2020
        In all my time in this job the two most difficult football situations I've ever seen anyone put into:
        –Hey Eric Studesville, you're interim coach to finish out season for mess that was 2010 Broncos.
        –Kendall Hinton today. Guy should get 12 game balls for trying to handle this.

— Jeff Legwold (@Jeff_Legwold) November 29, 2020
        Kendall Hinton didn’t ask for any of this. But why not try and throw him a bone with some screens and slants and not plays where he has to throw the ball 30 yards downfield since ya know, He’s a practice squad receiver

— Elle Duncan (@elleduncanESPN) November 29, 2020
        KENDALL HINTON DIDNT ASK FOR ANY OF THIS

— Mina Kimes (@minakimes) November 29, 2020

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

It's nice to see him getting acknowledged for his efforts yesterday in what were very tough circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
            It's nice to see him getting acknowledged for his efforts yesterday in what were very tough circumstances.
            I really appreciate the recognition he's received from his peers. If anybody understands the absurdity of the position he was asked to fulfill they do and I am sure that means a great deal to him and to his teammates. Unfortunately, even if he goes on to have a good career he'll always be the obscure answer to a football trivia question about a WR that started as QB for the Broncos in 2020 all because of Goodell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I really appreciate the recognition he's received from his peers. If anybody understands the absurdity of the position he was asked to fulfill they do and I am sure that means a great deal to him and to his teammates. Unfortunately, even if he goes on to have a good career he'll always be the obscure answer to a football trivia question about a WR that started as QB for the Broncos in 2020 all because of Goodell.
              Agreed, and hey, a few weeks ago the Bucs, led by the Br*dy "GOAT", also managed just 3 pts against that tough N.O. defense so Hinton is in esteemed company!

Comment

Let us not forget that Marlin Briscoe was drafted in the 14th round of the 1968 draft as a WR out of Nebraska-Omaha and started five games for Denver as a rookie going 2-3. He threw for more yards and TDs than the other three QBs who had four more starts than he did combined. Saban refused to play him at QB the following year, so "Marlin the Magician" asked to be released and went to Buffalo in 1969. He never played QB again, but was on a couple of SB teams in Miami. First black starting QB in pro football history, if I'm not mistaken; played for six teams during his career.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Let us not forget that Marlin Briscoe was drafted in the 14th round of the 1968 draft as a WR out of Nebraska-Omaha and started five games for Denver as a rookie going 2-3. He threw for more yards and TDs than the other three QBs who had four more starts than he did combined. Saban refused to play him at QB the following year, so "Marlin the Magician" asked to be released and went to Buffalo in 1969. He never played QB again, but was on a couple of SB teams in Miami. First black starting QB in pro football history, if I'm not mistaken; played for six teams during his career.
                  The QB situation must have been truly dismal back then. Saw another (related?) stat from Legwold this morning: "In the end it was the lowest output on offense -- 112 yards -- since a 1992 loss to Washington and the fewest passing yards in a game for the Broncos since 1967."

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The QB situation must have been truly dismal back then. Saw another (related?) stat from Legwold this morning: "In the end it was the lowest output on offense -- 112 yards -- since a 1992 loss to Washington and the fewest passing yards in a game for the Broncos since 1967."
                    I am sure the NFL is proud.

Comment

Hinton did impress me, obviously not as a QB but he showed some speed and fluidity. I’d like to see what he can do at WR or even returner. Why was Callahan even returning punts yesterday? He fair caught everything even when he had running room. In a game like that you need plays wherever you can get them

Comment

It was the Sixties. You had to be there.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

It was the Sixties. You had to be there.
                          I kind of wish I was – but not for that! Paige offered another related factoid (which must be what Legworld referenced above): On Sept. 10th, 1967, in Oakland, when two NFL quarterbacks (sort of) were utilized, the Broncos were blown away, 51-0 and ended up with minus -53 yards passing (2 of 16).

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

To a degree yes, but what else would he have done? Said no thanks, I ain't doing this.
                            That's exactly what I was saying. I don't understand why people says he deserves respect. He was in a win-win situation. I would have went out there and played QB.
                            Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Well he didn't do what most thought....not his fault and I have all respect for the young man.
                              GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Agreed, and hey, a few weeks ago the Bucs, led by the Br*dy "GOAT", also managed just 3 pts against that tough N.O. defense so Hinton is in esteemed company!
                                Hinton>Brady because I bet Brady did that with more than one pass.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X