Tough Game - Shurmur Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Game - Shurmur Trash

We were probably never going to win this game given the circumstances but we ended with one completed pass. I dont care who you have back there, that's embarrassing. Shurmur has been a massive disappointment. Absolutely nothing creative today when your situation called for it. This guy should be fired before the end of the day. He's lucky he's had a job this long.
    sigpic

Thread title is harsh but fair.
    sigpic

Comment

no one is gonna be sucessful with a QB who had no practice. was originally signed as WR. obviously not a good QB here or in college. it was a joke that the nfl made the broncos play like this.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I agree that this was a lose lose situation but Shurmur is awful. Broncos need to move on asap. This was an opportunity to be creative and this fool runs a 5th grade Pop Warner offense. Absolutely embarrassing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
          I agree that this was a lose lose situation but Shurmur is awful. Broncos need to move on asap. This was an opportunity to be creative and this fool runs a 5th grade Pop Warner offense. Absolutely embarrassing.
          cause a QB with no practice time or any experence at this level can run something complex give me a break.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

cause a QB with no practice time or any experence at this level can run something complex give me a break.
            Do you believe in Shurmur? If so, why?
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure Kyle Shannahan could've done loads better with the same situation. I dont care who is back there. You're telling me there isn't a single easy pass even if its a screen? When you're down by that much go for it on 4th down. You have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                I'm sure Kyle Shannahan could've done loads better with the same situation. I dont care who is back there. You're telling me there isn't a single easy pass even if its a screen? When you're down by that much go for it on 4th down. You have nothing to lose
                i am pretty sure thats an HC not an OC call. i mean like i think the broncos just wanted to get out of the game with out sustaining more injuries then they have already.

Do you believe in Shurmur? If so, why?
                i am not sure i do or do not. i don't think many OC would actually make our offense look good this year. we have had a revolving door at RT. a C that doesn't have the functional strength to survive in the nfl. a young WR core that is still developing. the only thing that really annoys me with shurmer is i don't agree with using Gordon more then Lindsey. i think the thing is 1 we should address the coaching staff in the offseason if we do. 2 this game should not be used an excuse to fire any one. the NFL came and said we are gonna make the broncos lose and they did.
                Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-29-2020, 04:06 PM.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

Shurmur is fine. We've started 4 different QBs. One that came into the league undrafted last year. One that came into the league as an undrafted WR this year. One is Jeff Driskel. Even the best playcaller couldn't establish a consistent offense with what we've had to go through this year. Give Shurmur an entire offseason to install his offense and a healthy QB1 and I'm absolutely positive the offense will look better.

Unless we're ready to completely start over at QB and get rid of everybody we have now, we need to keep Shurmur. Lock has already regressed thanks to one OC switch. Make another switch and Lock will never develop. And we will become the new Browns, starting 20 different QBs in 10 years. We have to pick one guy and try to develop him, and right now that guy should be Lock.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

We were probably never going to win this game given the circumstances but we ended with one completed pass. I dont care who you have back there, that's embarrassing. Shurmur has been a massive disappointment. Absolutely nothing creative today when your situation called for it. This guy should be fired before the end of the day. He's lucky he's had a job this long.
                    Can we see the offense you would have concocted in twenty-four hours for a rookie PS WR who last played QB in college two years ago, plus as many direct snap plays as possible for the RBs? You have twenty-four hours. We'll check back then.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      the only thing that really annoys me with shurmer is i don't agree with using Gordon more then Lindsey.
                      Absolutely this. I heard a stat after last week's win that the Broncos have won 6 straight games when Lindsay has at least 15 carries. We are a far more successful team when Lindsay gets the ball.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                        Shurmur is fine. We've started 4 different QBs. One that came into the league undrafted last year. One that came into the league as an undrafted WR this year. One is Jeff Driskel. Even the best playcaller couldn't establish a consistent offense with what we've had to go through this year. Give Shurmur an entire offseason to install his offense and a healthy QB1 and I'm absolutely positive the offense will look better.

Unless we're ready to completely start over at QB and get rid of everybody we have now, we need to keep Shurmur. Lock has already regressed thanks to one OC switch. Make another switch and Lock will never develop. And we will become the new Browns, starting 20 different QBs in 10 years. We have to pick one guy and try to develop him, and right now that guy should be Lock.
                        Is he? We have one of the worst offenses in the NFL. He has never been an offensive mastermind. We were probably better off keeping Scangerello over this massively overrated coach. He has done nothing in this league.

I agree that we need to stay consistent and have a QB grow with a coach but Shurmur hasn't earned that opportunity.
                        Last edited by JW7; 11-29-2020, 04:18 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Can we see the offense you would have concocted in twenty-four hours for a rookie PS WR who last played QB in college two years ago, plus as many direct snap plays as possible for the RBs? You have twenty-four hours. We'll check back then.
                          We've been seeing it. I'm one of the biggest broncos homers you'll meet but this Shurmur offense is a joke. There is too much talent being wasted by a guy who has no clue what he's doing.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been hard in Shurmur, but I find it difficult to place this all at his feet.

You lose all your QBs the day before the game so your game plan is literally trash (literally, not figuratively ). The next man up is a PS WR that hasn't played the position in years as a college student so has little to no grasp of running an NFL offense. Etc., etc.

Could he have called a better game? Maybe. Maybe not. Even runs to the outside we swallowed up pretty quickly and when Hinton was in the Saints looked to dial up the blitz to great effect. Prior to today the Saints had the #2 rushing defense and are surprisingly quick and agile as seen where guys could not really get to the edge or blockers couldn't get the edge set.

I wonder if hardly any (if at all ) screens were called for fear of a backward pass with a beyond rusty QB.

We want every trick play run but the coaches have to also think of every possibility to blow up a trick play, which are often numerous. So, I think they wanted to go conservative and hope for something to work with a smattering of gimmiky plays like sweeps in the hope of big gain to low loss potential.

When we get back to Lock I may resume my distaste for Shurmur's offense, but not today.

Comment

Is he? We have one of the worst offenses in the NFL. He has never been an offensive mastermind. We were probably better off keeping Scangerello over this massively overrated coach. He has done nothing in this league.

I agree that we need to stay consistent and have a QB grow with a coach but Shurmur hasn't earned that opportunity.
                              I absolutely 100% agree we should have kept Scangarello. That was easily the biggest mistake we made. The team finished the year 4-1 and their young QB had a ton of confidence. Then you fire your OC and hire a new guy in a year where there's basically no offseason and was no preseason. It was a huge boneheaded mistake. But it's the situation they're stuck with now, and I think doing anything but keeping Shurmur for at least one more season will just make matters worse. Unless they plan on dumping the entire coaching staff. Which would also severely impact the development of our offense.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                              X