Tough Game - Shurmur Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JW7 View Post

Is he? We have one of the worst offenses in the NFL. He has never been an offensive mastermind. We were probably better off keeping Scangerello over this massively overrated coach. He has done nothing in this league.

I agree that we need to stay consistent and have a QB grow with a coach but Shurmur hasn't earned that opportunity.
    Re: Scangs - yeah, we saw a lot more production from Lock with Scangerello than we have with Shurmur. I even understood why Scangerello was let go but the Shurmur hire has left me baffled. He's like the Paxton Lynch of OCs, maybe closer to Siemian, but I just picture Lynch with that stupid inflatable swan and think, that's our offense right now: playing football but dressed for a pool party.

Comment

We've been seeing it. I'm one of the biggest broncos homers you'll meet but this Shurmur offense is a joke. There is too much talent being wasted by a guy who has no clue what he's doing.
      You have twenty-three hours and about thirty minutes. Better start chalking up some plays and planning a practice. Tiktok; chop-chop.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Can we see the offense you would have concocted in twenty-four hours for a rookie PS WR who last played QB in college two years ago, plus as many direct snap plays as possible for the RBs? You have twenty-four hours. We'll check back then.
        The Old Diamond Wishbone! But really I have no idea. Kobayashi Maru.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
          I'm sure Kyle Shannahan could've done loads better with the same situation. I dont care who is back there. You're telling me there isn't a single easy pass even if its a screen? When you're down by that much go for it on 4th down. You have nothing to lose
          Funny cause when Shanahan struggled badly during his first two years in San Fran it was passed off as him not having an adequate QB.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

The Old Diamond Wishbone! But really I have no idea. Kobayashi Maru.
            Captain! Captain! We have no Dilithium crystals!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Funny cause when Shanahan struggled badly during his first two years in San Fran it was passed off as him not having an adequate QB.
              To be fair, his offense still usually looks like garbage when Jimmy G misses time. It really doesn't matter who the coach is, if you have bad QBs, you're offense is gonna stink more often than not.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Ownership : Non Existent

'

Comment

You have twenty-three hours and about thirty minutes. Better start chalking up some plays and planning a practice. Tiktok; chop-chop.
                  Yes. I'm overreacting. I get it. Can we please stop making excuses. The circumstances today were some of the worst in NFL history but Shurmur showed zero creativity. The whole offense mailed it in. I don't think he deserves to be apart of this young team moving forward. Do you?
                  sigpic

Comment

The fact one pass was even completed today for a first down no less is nothing short of a modern miracle. The fact any of you think any OC can drum up NfL level chemistry in under 24 hours for someone who has never even practiced as the starting qb on an NFL squad is absolutely hysterical. Get a grip people. This game was lost when the NFL declared every QB on the roster ineligible.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don’t understand why we didn’t run similar running plays that worked so well last week. You’re telling me Hinton can’t hand the ball off? I understand why the passing game was a mess but they completely threw out the rushing plays. Lindsay is a dangerous RB, catch them out of position one time and he can house it. But the option doesn’t work if there’s absolutely no threat of a pass so the Lindsay/Gordon option should’ve been nixed quickly.

I mean hell Payton pretty much gave Shurmur the plays to call with while they were on offense. That little goalline formation they had, we could’ve ran that every play and likely got more production. The 5 wide with our RB at QB was probably the most effective play we had just because we didn’t have to fool around with a handoff/fake handoff. The RB just jogged up to the line and picked what he felt was the best hole.

Comment

We've been seeing it. I'm one of the biggest broncos homers you'll meet but this Shurmur offense is a joke. There is too much talent being wasted by a guy who has no clue what he's doing.
                        It’s all super young but perhaps our talent isn’t quite as good as we all would like to pretend it is. There isn’t a single player on our offense than anyone playing fantasy football would legit consider drafting in the first 7-8 rounds.

Now again it’s a very young offense so the growing pains are to be expected. And perhaps the future is bright. But we really don’t have a ton to go off so far other than just assuming all these players are going to eventually blow up together. But we really don’t know that this will happen
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes. I'm overreacting. I get it. Can we please stop making excuses. The circumstances today were some of the worst in NFL history but Shurmur showed zero creativity. The whole offense mailed it in. I don't think he deserves to be apart of this young team moving forward. Do you?
                          How many formations will you use? How many plays from each? Any trick plays? Since running the ball seems what is needed, do you intand to go back in football history and install all or part of Single Wing, Double Wing, Full House T, Option I, Wing T, Veer, Wishbone, Pistol, etc.?

I'd better let you go. You only have about twenty-three hours left. Burn the midnight oil.

Comment

Look at the peanut gallery chomping at the bit to applaud an offense that completed one pass today. Bravo
                            sigpic

Comment

Look at the peanut gallery chomping at the bit to applaud an offense that completed one pass today. Bravo

Right LOL 😂

Comment

How many formations will you use? How many plays from each? Any trick plays? Since running the ball seems what is needed, do you intand to go back in football history and install all or part of Single Wing, Double Wing, Full House T, Option I, Wing T, Veer, Wishbone, Pistol, etc.?

I'd better let you go. You only have about twenty-three hours left. Burn the midnight oil.
                                The situation is awful but please believe that I would do more screens or short passes to make it seem like I may pass. I wouldn't call a game plan of running it up the middle every play.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X