No announcement yet.

Tough Game - Shurmur Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best part about today is we can move forward and game plan for KC !

Comment

You may not like him but he needs to stay one more year in Denver. We can’t constantly be rotating OC on a young QB in development. We would be doing the same thing to Lock that teams did to Rosen, a new coordinator every year.

Comment

Hinton had 3 completed passes. Laughably, 2 were to the opposing team. That's got to be a nfl record.

Comment

We need a modern-day/modern-thinking (2020) OC and not the yester-year/out-dated (early 2000s) thinking OC.

Hindsight is 20/20 but damn I wish we had just kept Scangarello and hoped he would have picked K. Shanahan's brain ALOT more during the off-season.

I get the whole 'consistency' thing from some here wanting to keep Shurmur but the only thing that will come from that is...

'consistent' bad play...'consistent' bad play-calling...and 'consistent' bad QB development.
          Last edited by Mel B.; 11-30-2020, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
            We need a modern-day/modern-thinking (2020) OC and not the yester-year/out-dated (early 2000s) thinking OC.

Hindsight is 20/20 but damn I wish we had just kept Scangarello and hoped he would have picked K. Shanahan's brain ALOT more during the off-season.

I get the whole 'consistency' thing from some here wanting to keep Shurmur but the only thing that will come from that is...

'consistent' bad play...'consistent' bad play-calling...and 'consistent' bad QB development.
            I mean he had good offenses in Minnesota and that was 2017. He also didn't get his first oc job till 2009. I think it is best to wait a year and see how everything develops under him. Taking we are so young as it is.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
              Hinton had 3 completed passes. Laughably, 2 were to the opposing team. That's got to be a nfl record.
              LOL, it isn't ... As a rookie in 1998, former Chargers No. 2 pick Ryan Leaf completed one of 15 passes for 4 yards with a pair of picks and three lost fumbles against the Chiefs, per NFL Research.
              sigpic

Comment

I had no expectations of winning that game. Their defense embarrassed Brady . I did think Hinton could have completed a few more passes if they had given him some quick read or screen pass plays.

Shurmur didn't get creative at all. Some the runs we did last week we didn't even attempt, and I am not talking about play fakes. I see nothing that tells me Shurmur should be a long term solution. That being said it is really difficult to evaluate talent with constant OC changes. So if you change again? Man you have to love the next guy for a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Or the player that everyone believes to be the best QB in the draft now. Remember in 2012 Andrew Luck was the greatest QB prospect since John Elway. Every team wanted him, several teams tried to sabotage the 2011 season to get him. Here we are in 2020 and Luck wasn't the best player chosen in the first round of that draft. He wasn't the best QB in that draft, Russell Wilson was. And at this point in time he's not even the best QB to have been taken in the first round, Tannehill is still playing, so he is.

The hype is so high on Trevor Lawrence, and has been for 3 years, that he's going to have to lead the Jets to the playoffs in year 1 (Andrew Luck did do that with the Colts) and show signs of being one of the top QBs in the NFL in year 1, or he's going to face a massive amount of "bust" talk. It's not fair to him to say this, but there's almost zero chance he can live up to the hype surrounding him, at least early in his career.
                  Fields, maybe Lance?? Appears to be 2 or 3 really good choices. Odds are good that at least one of them will succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

LOL, it isn't ... As a rookie in 1998, former Chargers No. 2 pick Ryan Leaf completed one of 15 passes for 4 yards with a pair of picks and three lost fumbles against the Chiefs, per NFL Research.
                    Am I a bad person that I loved that game?

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Am I a bad person that I loved that game?
                      I guess you would have to really hate the Chargers or like the Chiefs? I don't recall that game, but I wouldn't think that it would've been a very entertaining game.
                      Bad person? No, its just a football game,
                      sigpic

Comment

Any chance you could define that in football terms?
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I mean he had good offenses in Minnesota and that was 2017. He also didn't get his first oc job till 2009. I think it is best to wait a year and see how everything develops under him. Taking we are so young as it is.

Oh the 1 fluke year he and Case Keenum had?

Ok maybe his offense isn't stuck in the early 2000's but I don't see any current creativity with it either. It just seems outdated as opposed to being creative and/or innovative.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Any chance you could define that in football terms?
                            I'm not an X's & O's person, I just go off the eye-test so I'm by no means can I or can I be as technical as many of you here are.

I just don't see much creativity is all I'm saying...and I'm not going off of the Saints game cause I stopped watching that joke after the 1st series just to save my sanity. I'm speaking on what I've seen so far this year, excluding Sunday.

Comment

I'm not an X's & O's person, I just go off the eye-test so I'm by no means can I or can I be as technical as many of you here are.

I just don't see much creativity is all I'm saying...and I'm not going off of the Saints game cause I stopped watching that joke after the 1st series just to save my sanity. I'm speaking on what I've seen so far this year, excluding Sunday.
                              Shurmur hasn't looked spectacular, but I'll be quick to admit, the Dolphins game was very creative, Don Shula-esque. It was a product of good scouting, prep, and play calling. Worth rewatching the offense if you have a chance.

Comment

In terms of creativity last week was very creative in the run game. But for the most part there isn’t much there. It’s very vanilla IMO but that isn’t a bad thing, the bad thing is, he isn’t making adjustments and is firm in calling plays for what he envisions the offense can be rather than building them up to it. He’s trying to run without learning to walk in my eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X