Any comments from Elway.... anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any comments from Elway.... anything?

So the “controversial “ decision by the League and fiasco is finally over.

Players played hard all things considered.

But any fight or support for the players or frustration expressed from Elway ? Any comments directed towards the League at all? I haven’t seen any.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 11-29-2020, 04:05 PM.

Adam Schefter reported that the Broncos believe they were punished with the game not being rescheduled due to the ownership mess. That undoubtedly came from Elway based on their relationship.
    sigpic

Comment

Pat would not have let this happen. We have weak leadership at the top right now. These "hidden" sources by reports saying this or that was almost as bad as what the league did.

Lindsay Jones saying a NFL source told her that meeting in which the risk happened was not approved...than the Broncos showing they had written approval from the NFL.

Reports with NFL source the Broncos/players were not being cooperative following by 9 News saying the Broncos sent video tapes....that is better than witness testimony.

I am not happy with the top of the Bronco leadership nor the NFL right now

edit - now another twitter report saying the Broncos did everything right after all the "NFL source"s smearing the Broncos this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/Allbright...86967140405248
      Last edited by Hadez; 11-29-2020, 04:48 PM.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Anything he wants to say about the situation now is only going to result in more punishment by the NFL. His best bet would be to have one of the top NFC teams come out and say something given the importance of seeding.

The best thing we can do right now is continue to rebuke these erroneous reports and let the court of public opinion decide.

Comment

Fangio said it was the QBs that put them in this position, and that he was disappointed in them. I guess ever since his fine for not wearing a mask he's been towing the company line. Sad what the league has become.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...this-position/
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Anything he wants to say about the situation now is only going to result in more punishment by the NFL. His best bet would be to have one of the top NFC teams come out and say something given the importance of seeding.

The best thing we can do right now is continue to rebuke these erroneous reports and let the court of public opinion decide.
            Understand but frustrated. Despite the risk of additional fines I would still like to see a bit more “ kicking and screaming” from Elway.

Kind of when a HC gets a tech or even tossed from a game in the NBA. Doesn’t change anything but it lets the players know you have their backs. In this case I feel they are leaning towards throwing them under the bus.

This decision was ridiculous. Just saw the Ravens now get another reschedule from Thursday to next Monday night for their game with the Cowboys. Don’t want to hurt their chances of making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Understand but frustrated. Despite the risk of additional fines I would still like to see a bit more “ kicking and screaming” from Elway.

Kind of when a HC gets a tech or even tossed from a game in the NBA. Doesn’t change anything but it lets the players know you have their backs. In this case I feel they are leaning towards throwing them under the bus.

This decision was ridiculous. Just saw the Ravens now get another reschedule from Thursday to next Monday night for their game with the Cowboys. Don’t want to hurt their chances of making the playoffs.
              It’s definitely frustrating but the Saints did get docked a draft pick for their second violation today. That is the penalty that they would be trying to avoid. Fines are nothing for the team but draft picks hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It’s definitely frustrating but the Saints did get docked a draft pick for their second violation today. That is the penalty that they would be trying to avoid. Fines are nothing for the team but draft picks hurt.
                The punishment may still happen for the Broncos. They may still have a fine and draft pick stripped due to the 'breach'
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  Pat would not have let this happen. We have weak leadership at the top right now. These "hidden" sources by reports saying this or that was almost as bad as what the league did.

Lindsay Jones saying a NFL source told her that meeting in which the risk happened was not approved...than the Broncos showing they had written approval from the NFL.

Reports with NFL source the Broncos/players were not being cooperative following by 9 News saying the Broncos sent video tapes....that is better than witness testimony.

I am not happy with the top of the Bronco leadership nor the NFL right now

edit - now another twitter report saying the Broncos did everything right after all the "NFL source"s smearing the Broncos this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/Allbright...86967140405248
                  I don't think ownership matters would have changed anything here. The Titans have an equally convoluted ownership structure and the league moved around a bunch of stuff for them. The 49ers have solid ownership and they were forced to play a game shorthanded earlier this season. The Raiders have solid ownership that has a long history of fighting the league, they've been fined more than any other organization, they were almost forced to play a game with all of their o-line missing, and another game where most of their starting defense was missing.

This is just a case where the league wanted to make a statement to the 32 teams and the Broncos were the first team that gave them that chance. Now the question is if they'll make the same statement in the future if it happens in the playoffs and/or to one of their golden franchises (the Chefs, Seahawks, Packers or Steelers)?

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I'm not sure it makes sense to make any sort of public statement at this point. The game has been played, the Broncos played without QBs, now it's time to move on and focus on not having it happen again. Save the statement for behind closed doors at the next league meeting, and try to line up other clubs to support you. Elway is a member of the Competition Committee and according to Florio has a lot of sway around the league, that's where he needs to exercise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I don't think ownership matters would have changed anything here. The Titans have an equally convoluted ownership structure and the league moved around a bunch of stuff for them. The 49ers have solid ownership and they were forced to play a game shorthanded earlier this season. The Raiders have solid ownership that has a long history of fighting the league, they've been fined more than any other organization, they were almost forced to play a game with all of their o-line missing, and another game where most of their starting defense was missing.

This is just a case where the league wanted to make a statement to the 32 teams and the Broncos were the first team that gave them that chance. Now the question is if they'll make the same statement in the future if it happens in the playoffs and/or to one of their golden franchises (the Chefs, Seahawks, Packers or Steelers)?
                      It is not the structure of the leadership that matters. No matter how things are structured there is someone at the top leading the team....what matters is how that person takes care of the team in their role.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Fangio said it was the QBs that put them in this position, and that he was disappointed in them. I guess ever since his fine for not wearing a mask he's been towing the company line. Sad what the league has become.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...this-position/
                        Lock's comments were also interesting

Lock apologized for his behavior in a social media post shortly before the start of Sunday’s game.

“In a controlled and socially distanced area, we let our masking slip for a limited amount of time. An honest mistake, but one I will own,” Lock wrote. “I sincerely apologize and I fully understand why these safety precautions are so important. Doing the right thing for a majority of the time is not good enough.”

Comment

Hey honestly, if they were social distancing in their classroom setting, and the mask was only worn part of the time, and they didn’t have direct contact (inside the 6ft parameter) for 15 minutes or more, then what is the deal? Those are the guidelines we have to observe when dealing with quarantining students at our schools in Oklahoma. But again, it is what it is at this point.
                          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It is not the structure of the leadership that matters. No matter how things are structured there is someone at the top leading the team....what matters is how that person takes care of the team in their role.
                            There's no guarantee that a new owner in Denver would be a good owner. There are lots of bad owners out there, probably more than half the owners would fall into the bad category. So there's no guarantee that it would solve anything.

I would also point out that 3 other teams currently don't have the ideal ownership setup: Seattle and Tennessee have "owners" but in title only, and Green Bay has no owner, none of those teams have been hurt by that.

I firmly believe the ownership issues going on are more of a problem for fans, and something to blame every negative on, than actually something having any sort of affect on the team.

PFT reported this afternoon that this had nothing to do with Denver's ownership structure, both Ellis and Elway have plenty of sway in the league. But the league didn't listen because they were determined to punish a team as an example for the rest of the league. The Broncos were the first team to give them that chance. Not even Pat Bowlen would have been able to get the league to change their minds.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-until-monday/

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                              Hey honestly, if they were social distancing in their classroom setting, and the mask was only worn part of the time, and they didn’t have direct contact (inside the 6ft parameter) for 15 minutes or more, then what is the deal? Those are the guidelines we have to observe when dealing with quarantining students at our schools in Oklahoma. But again, it is what it is at this point.
                              The thing is that masks primarily protects others - not the one wearing them.
                              What is really disappointing is that Broncos has not set up rooms so you seperate the QBs - why not plexiglass booths?

Comment

Working...
                              X