Any comments from Elway.... anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

That’s one of my issues, we were still technically in the hunt for a wildcard. Very slim chance and would require at least 2 teams to fall apart but a win yesterday would’ve put us at 5-6 and very much in the picture.
    Not even that slim of a chance, they would’ve been 2 games out of a Wildcard spot with still 5 to play, a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Dolphins and Patriots, and games against the Bills and Raiders who are currently sitting above the Broncos in the seeding. Plus, there’s been talk of adding an 8th seed, which the Broncos would’ve been only 1 game out of that spot.

Comment

I can’t muster any outrage since I had little faith in the Broncos to make the playoffs anyway.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        I can’t muster any outrage since I had little faith in the Broncos to make the playoffs anyway.
        You and Elway apparently share that apathy. Kind of the point when I made this thread.

Comment

This type of incompetence cannot stand. Who is being fired or resigning? That's what I'd like to know...

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
            This type of incompetence cannot stand. Who is being fired or resigning? That's what I'd like to know...
            I guess “kicking and screaming” only applies when we had Peyton....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              NFL double standard -

This is ok:

This is the worst thing ever and your team deserves to lose a game because of it:
              Do we know this is where the NFL had a problem with 4 people and mask(s) were removed for a short period of time?

Right now the NFL is looking bad in a lot of people eyes....and that makes them look worse.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Not even that slim of a chance, they would’ve been 2 games out of a Wildcard spot with still 5 to play, a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Dolphins and Patriots, and games against the Bills and Raiders who are currently sitting above the Broncos in the seeding. Plus, there’s been talk of adding an 8th seed, which the Broncos would’ve been only 1 game out of that spot.
                I say slim because Lock has not played well throughout the season. But yes we were very much in the hunt in my eyes. And with Payton admitting they changed their gameplan to be run heavy when the news broke, that tells me Hill would’ve looked a lot worse had Lock or any QB could’ve played. Hill looked awful passing yesterday and it would’ve been a very winnable game with the sacks he was taking.

The real reason this game wasn’t moved is really about ratings. Lock vs Hill just wouldn’t have drawn a lot of viewers outside of the team’s respective fanbases. The NFL broke its back trying to accommodate the Patriots earlier this year, they’re currently going down a similar path for the Ravens. You can bet your house if Rogers, Wilson, or Mahomes catches it or get caught in a similar situation their games would be rescheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Do we know this is where the NFL had a problem with 4 people and mask(s) were removed for a short period of time?

Right now the NFL is looking bad in a lot of people eyes....and that makes them look worse.
                  I wish the NFL would release the video, but that won’t happen.

All we have to go off is Lock’s apology and Allbright’s tweet. In Lock’s apology he said they were socially distancing but let their masks slip. In Allbright’s tweet, he said they pulled down their masks to eat and communicate.

Comment

“#Ravens players had a players-only meeting recently to express serious concern about playing on Tuesday. They have been adamant about wanting a day to practice”

don’t worry everyone! The league will make sure the Ravens get everything they want.

Comment

Yeah I would like to know exactly what the situation was. Paige wrote:

"Last Tuesday, on a team off day, the quarterback quartet gathered at their meeting room in the Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse to watch film. They weren’t careful enough to wear masks and socially distance throughout the session. Also, according to reports, they were not totally truthful to league officials."

Which part weren't they truthful about?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

"Last Tuesday, on a team off day, the quarterback quartet gathered at their meeting room in the Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse to watch film. They weren’t careful enough to wear masks and socially distance throughout the session. Also, according to reports, they were not totally truthful to league officials."

I’m pretty sure there’s already been a report rebuking this. I feel like the NFL was trying to get ahead of the backlash and put out bad info to try and minimize the backlash.

Comment

Why elway? I feel that is a weird person to want to hear more kicking and screaming from.

My guess is it has to do with the bias against elway. Any business person knows you hear things from the top.. statements made from employees or managers means nothing..

So in this circumstance thread starter, I believe you'd want to be hearing statements from Joe Ellis. Possibly those in an ownership role, one of the bowlens or trust.

Asking/wanting to have kicking and screaming from elway is akin to asking/wanting kicking and screaming from Lindsay or von miller. It means nothing.

But yes, unless they were fearful aboutoss of draft picks or something I'd have blasted the league, for sure.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I personally do not trust Paige after watching a lot of him on ESPN. He is not purposely fake but the truth does not seem to be important to him either.

Considering all the games being pushed back in other situations and the decisions lead to the Broncos playing without a QB I think the NFL and Broncos owe their fans and the companies who pay to display their product an explanation as to why we were subjected to the trash we saw Sunday.

The NFL and Broncos need to put an end to all these secret source reports telling us partial truth and assumptions.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I personally do not trust Paige after watching a lot of him on ESPN. He is not purposely fake but the truth does not seem to be important to him either.

Considering all the games being pushed back in other situations and the decisions lead to the Broncos playing without a QB I think the NFL and Broncos owe their fans and the companies who pay to display their product an explanation as to why we were subjected to the trash we saw Sunday.

The NFL and Broncos need to put an end to all these secret source reports telling us partial truth and assumptions.
                              Release the video, let us make our own assumptions. If what they were doing was bad enough to get them all suspended, the NFL shouldn’t have any issues releasing the video.

Comment

Working...
                              X