Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is accountable for yesterday's embarrassment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Shurmur.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

All these different reports of what may or may not have happened, and in particular the one about broncos getting approved for the meeting...did the nfl perhaps set a trap for the broncos to walk right into?

By saying you your good with said meeting, all the while just sitting there watching every second of the meeting, just waiting for the smallest slip up?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
        Who's to blame ? It sure isn't our Qb room. It came out they were wearing masks unless eating and drinking . This is all just bull . The NFL has shown favoritism by allowing other teams to postpone numerous times .

Want to know who's to blame ?.....its covid 19 . Look around at the world . We haven't been the only ones getting it . You can't stop it , you can only try and defend against it..

Millions of people out there are getting it while taking precautions. Its just how it is. Its a blooming virus for crying out loud . The NFL left the Broncos out to dry imo. Shame on them
        Mike Kliss just reported that it was two separate incidents with the quarterbacks, one Tuesday and one Wednesday, and the one on Wednesday was more flagrant than the Tuesday situation. However, in both circumstances they didn't have masks on even when they weren't eating for various periods of times. I

There's also a question as to whether the quarterbacks lied when initially questioned about the contact tracing, not realizing there was a surveillance camera in the meeting room.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Because the Ravens threatened not to play if they weren't given a day to practice. Makes me wonder what would have happened had we used a bit of brinkmanship to force the NFL's hand. I seem to remember the Titans doing the same at the start of the season. Maybe we just blinked too soon?
          They would have given the Saints the win.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            All these different reports of what may or may not have happened, and in particular the one about broncos getting approved for the meeting...did the nfl perhaps set a trap for the broncos to walk right into?

By saying you your good with said meeting, all the while just sitting there watching every second of the meeting, just waiting for the smallest slip up?
            The NFL required surveillance cameras to be set up at team facilities as part of their Covid-19 monitoring. To think this was a conspiracy against the Broncos is definitely looking at this with orange colored glasses on.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

The NFL required surveillance cameras to be set up at team facilities as part of their Covid-19 monitoring. To think this was a conspiracy against the Broncos is definitely looking at this with orange colored glasses on.
              I get all that but I'd be willing to bet if you watched any of the other 31 teams that you would find very similar things happening
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

I get all that but I'd be willing to bet if you watched any of the other 31 teams that you would find very similar things happening
                Yes but the difference being that one of the 4 qbs tested positive and part of the contact tracing brought to light the protocol violations.
                sigpic

Comment

Mike Kliss just reported that it was two separate incidents with the quarterbacks, one Tuesday and one Wednesday, and the one on Wednesday was more flagrant than the Tuesday situation. However, in both circumstances they didn't have masks on even when they weren't eating for various periods of times. I

There's also a question as to whether the quarterbacks lied when initially questioned about the contact tracing, not realizing there was a surveillance camera in the meeting room.
                  The more I hear, the more I can see this side of the story.....that The Broncos were lax.

Comment

I just want John and Joe to attempt to defend themselves against the commissioner for these actions!

C-MON JOHNNY. Say something!
                    sigpic

Comment

It's not a conspiracy. The league clearly overplayed their hand in a rush to judge and send a league-wide message before they had all the information and someone tried to CYA by making it sound like the QBs were withholding info and/or being non-compliant which, clearly they were not.

Read mom's message (clearly biased in favor of her son but it adds some critical info about the what was done and why - hardly a group of guys trying to get away with something, rather the opposite).

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

The more I hear, the more I can see this side of the story.....that The Broncos were lax.
                        Ultimately the fault of what happened yesterday falls primarily on the NFL since they are the governing entity over all things football and they essentially marched the Broncos out yesterday to lose a game that they otherwise may have been competitive. There's also no reason why the game couldn't have been played tomorrow to allow for an actual quarterback to start.

However, there is most definitely culpability on the Broncos' end too. First off, they've been so irrelevant in recent years that the NFL didn't even think twice to force them to play. Second, Fangio himself was fined earlier this season and took no responsibility for it for basically the same thing as well as didn't have the team prepared for such an instance in which the quarterbacks could have all been infected And third, their quarterbacks screwed up - plain and simple.

I'm fine with blaming the NFL for sure, and I do think they are mostly responsible. But I'm not letting the Broncos off the hook.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

It's not a conspiracy. The league clearly overplayed their hand in a rush to judge and send a league-wide message before they had all the information and someone tried to CYA by making it sound like the QBs were withholding info and/or being non-compliant which, clearly they were not.

Read mom's message (clearly biased in favor of her son but it adds some critical info about the what was done and why - hardly a group of guys trying to get away with something, rather the opposite).

Nice commentary from "Mom", but didn't Drew apologize to some degree? Someone please correct me if I read incorrectly.

Comment

Mike Kliss believes that the NFL didn't make the Broncos play out of punishment or as an example but rather because the contact tracing was limited exclusively to the quarterbacks and therefore containable. It wasn't like the Ravens, for example, who have a full blown outbreak and so far have not been reported for any Covid-19 violations.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mike Kliss believes that the NFL didn't make the Broncos play out of punishment or as an example but rather because the contact tracing was limited exclusively to the quarterbacks and therefore containable. It wasn't like the Ravens, for example, who have a full blown outbreak and so far have not been reported for any Covid-19 violations.
                              sigpic

Comment

the No Fun League just moved the steelers ravens game again.now they are rubbing our nose in it.thanks Goodell.
                                I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Working...
                                X