Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is accountable for yesterday's embarrassment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're accountable for your own emotional state. If you're embarrassed then it's on you.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

It’s the NFL, they aren’t worried about your selective outrage.

If the Broncos won the game, no one would be complaining. It would barely be mentioned as a concern.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?

Comment

We are a trash team, with no direction, and are nothing but a filler time slot anyway, no one cares about the Broncos and hasn't for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          We are a trash team, with no direction, and are nothing but a filler time slot anyway, no one cares about the Broncos and hasn't for a while.
          I wouldn't call us a trash team but that's just semantics. I'm not disagreeing with you. I used to work with this die hard Raider fan and we'd have fun with it no matter what happened. When both teams were decent we'd talk crap about which team was better. When both teams were bad we'd talk crap about which team was worse. When one was up and the other down, we'd shrug and go "Been there...done that." I'm going to drain every bit of entertainment I can from this team. If that means mocking my beloved Denver Donkeys when they're ridiculous, well, it wouldn't be the first time. At least we're clearing some room on that bandwagon. Kick back and stretch your feet.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

The Steelers are a pretty successful football organization. The Steelers hardly ever fire Anyone. They have the same people for years. Good organizations work with the people, and get the most out of there employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              The Steelers are a pretty successful football organization. The Steelers hardly ever fire Anyone. They have the same people for years. Good organizations work with the people, and get the most out of there employees.
              Huge difference Between the Pittsburgh Steelers staff members and the Denver Broncos staff members.

I don’t care how you try to spin it the Pittsburgh Steelers tend to hire winners.Their front office does a fantastic job.

John Elway and Matt Russell tend to hire losers, they do not do a good job. They cannot properly evaluate coaches, QBs, draft selections, nor free agents but since you brilliantly pointed this out, thank you for helping to make a valid point and that is that John Elway and Matt Russell do a horrible job without John Fox, PFM, Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips so they definitely need to go!

Imagine hiring a bunch of losers and then saying we are going to be like the Pittsburgh Steelers and have a consistent staff in place for years. No we are not like the Pittsburgh Steelers we are more like the Cincinnati Bengals under the 15 plus year Marvin Lewis rein!
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-01-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Huge difference Between the Pittsburgh Steelers staff members and the Denver Broncos staff members.

I don’t care how you try to spin it the Pittsburgh Steelers tend to hire winners.Their front office does a fantastic job.

John Elway and Matt Russell tend to hire losers, they do not do a good job. They cannot properly evaluate coaches, QBs, draft selections, nor free agents but since you brilliantly pointed this out, thank you for helping to make a valid point and that is that John Elway and Matt Russell do a horrible job without John Fox, PFM, Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips so they definitely need to go!

Imagine hiring a bunch of losers and then saying we are going to be like the Pittsburgh Steelers and have a consistent staff in place for years. No we are not like the Pittsburgh Steelers we are more like the Cincinnati Bengals under the 15 plus year Marvin Lewis rein!
                Your right we stink, FIRE EVERYBODY!!!

Comment

This is a year unlike any other in history. Most of us spent our whole lives never having to wear mask or distance. It is understandable that we have trouble with the new mandates. Although necessary and for the good of the many, humans are creatures of habit. Old habits are hard to break and we should consider that before assigning blame. This season was not going to be good, we had no off season other than an partial training camp. It's a young team that could have used all the OTA's and camps they could get. A win against the Saints would only drop our draft stock, playoffs are not happening this season.
                  sigpic

Comment

The QBs were lax, and they deserve all the criticism they've received. The NFL though hasn't clearly articulated their policy or procedure for postponing games (or not). There may be subtleties to the NFL's decision making such as the containment of risk to the QB room only, but by not explaining their reasoning, the NFL created what for most people looks like an arbitrary double standard favoring some teams while mocking the Broncos and turning Sunday's game into a national joke. That's entirely on them. The NFL owners and Goodell have an interest in preserving and growing the popularity of the game. The stunt they pulled last weekend does the opposite of that. Sure, nobody cares about the Broncos this year, EXCEPT AN ENTIRE REGION OF THE COUNTRY, plus a not insubstantial dispersed fan base. As a Bronco fan for 42 years, I am pissed and have zero interest in watching or following the playoffs or SB.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

The more I hear, the more I can see this side of the story.....that The Broncos were lax.
                      Were the Broncos qbs lax? I dont think there is any doubt of that.

That doesnt absolve the NFL of the absolutely ridiculously hypocritical and blatantly unfair way this was handled.

The NFL screwed up......BIG. This is a texas sized understatement. i have to wonder how the owners of the other NFC South teams felt about the Saints being handed a win by the NFL front office. How did the owners of the other playoff bound NFC teams fitghting for post season seeding react Not by anything that happened on any field...by the NFL itself deciding what team was going to win that game, the day before it was to be played.

This event seriously...SERIOUSLY damaged the NFL.

I wonder what the bookies in vegas think about the NFL predetermining the outcome of games.

"any given sunday" ....turns out, thats a majorly sarcastic joke, and nothing more.
                      Last edited by MH Stampede; 12-01-2020, 05:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Were the Broncos qbs lax? I dont think there is any doubt of that.

That doesnt absolve the NFL of the absolutely ridiculously hypocritical and blatantly unfair way this was handled.

The NFL screwed up......BIG. This is a texas sized understatement. i have to wonder how the owners of the other NFC South teams felt about the Saints being handed a win by the NFL front office. How did the owners of the other playoff bound NFC teams fitghting for post season seeding react Not by anything that happened on any field...by the NFL itself deciding what team was going to win that game, the day before it was to be played.

This event seriously...SERIOUSLY damaged the NFL.

I wonder what the bookies in vegas think about the NFL predetermining the outcome of games.

"any given sunday" ....turns out, thats a majorly sarcastic joke, and nothing more.
                        Some people had to take a pounding on the spread. The Taysom Hill 25.5 pass attempts over/under I saw must've been really brutal if it wasn't taken off the board. I'm surprised they threw it as much as they did following the news on who would start for us. I would've taken the under on 20.0. It actually looked in the second half like Payton was trying to get Hill reps making reads and throwing the ball on purpose, because they had absolutely no need to be passing it at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Didn't Elway bring in all those people?

But following along with your logic, shouldn't Pat Bowlen be the one to blame for all of it? After all he hired Elway, and he hired Josh McDaniels who brought in Matt Russell.

I tend to believe that it's time for the Broncos to move on from Elway, but he has hired 4 coaches, 2 of them took the team to the Super Bowl, so I don't really think your "tend to hire losers" is an accurate statement. Although the last two coaches have been. So 2 good, 2 bad. But the NFL is about what

Fun fact about the Steelers and their front office, Mike Tomlin wasn't their choice for coach. Russ Grimm was their choice and they were all set to hire him, then as the story goes, the NFL office got involved. They asked the Steelers to take a second look at things and remember the Rooney Rule was introduced by their owner. After this second thought the Steelers decided to hire Mike Tomlin, and they've certainly been happy with that choice. Although Steelers fans have wanted Tomlin to be fired for several years now.

https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...ch-steelers/47

https://archive.triblive.com/news/ro...-hired-tomlin/

But it's funny how close the Steelers came to making the wrong choice and hiring Grimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Some people had to take a pounding on the spread. The Taysom Hill 25.5 pass attempts over/under I saw must've been really brutal if it wasn't taken off the board. I'm surprised they threw it as much as they did following the news on who would start for us. I would've taken the under on 20.0. It actually looked in the second half like Payton was trying to get Hill reps making reads and throwing the ball on purpose, because they had absolutely no need to be passing it at that point.
                            He's awful. I'm not sure why Payton loves him so much? He's a poor poor man's Tim Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Didn't Elway bring in all those people?

But following along with your logic, shouldn't Pat Bowlen be the one to blame for all of it? After all he hired Elway, and he hired Josh McDaniels who brought in Matt Russell.

I tend to believe that it's time for the Broncos to move on from Elway, but he has hired 4 coaches, 2 of them took the team to the Super Bowl, so I don't really think your "tend to hire losers" is an accurate statement. Although the last two coaches have been. So 2 good, 2 bad. But the NFL is about what

Fun fact about the Steelers and their front office, Mike Tomlin wasn't their choice for coach. Russ Grimm was their choice and they were all set to hire him, then as the story goes, the NFL office got involved. They asked the Steelers to take a second look at things and remember the Rooney Rule was introduced by their owner. After this second thought the Steelers decided to hire Mike Tomlin, and they've certainly been happy with that choice. Although Steelers fans have wanted Tomlin to be fired for several years now.

https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...ch-steelers/47

https://archive.triblive.com/news/ro...-hired-tomlin/

But it's funny how close the Steelers came to making the wrong choice and hiring Grimm.
                              You’re right, Pat Bowlen hires the group of personnel that went to two Super Bowls in the last decade. However Why am I not surprised that once again, someone is diverting blame away from the one common denominator over the last four losing seasons!

The Steelers at least made the right choice when going back and evaluating head coaching candidates. Could John do that? No.
                              He didn’t even interview, Eric B enemy or Sean McVay. Nope he just went with the leader of men Vance Joseph. As for Vic Fangio, he’s not a bad hire but the Pat Schurmur hire is horrible and so is the Tom McMahon hire but I guess you’ll say that’s Fangios fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

He's awful. I'm not sure why Payton loves him so much? He's a poor poor man's Tim Tebow.
                                lol. He sucks. Good guy, though. Did the peace corps thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X