Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is accountable for yesterday's embarrassment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it odd that the QBs are allowed back into practice today after passing COVID tests, so the NFL could have postponed the game until today.........
    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
      I find it odd that the QBs are allowed back into practice today after passing COVID tests, so the NFL could have postponed the game until today.........
      The NFL should have postponed the game, and I think if they understood how bad the product would have been without an actual QB for the Broncos playing they would have.

But having said that, the Broncos were asked right before the season about placing a QB in isolation for an emergency and Fangio stated he didn't think that was necessary. And the quarterbacks were not following protocol.

So plenty of blame to go around for sure, and hopefully everyone has learned a lesson from it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

The NFL should have postponed the game, and I think if they understood how bad the product would have been without an actual QB for the Broncos playing they would have.

But having said that, the Broncos were asked right before the season about placing a QB in isolation for an emergency and Fangio stated he didn't think that was necessary. And the quarterbacks were not following protocol.

So plenty of blame to go around for sure, and hopefully everyone has learned a lesson from it.
        I concur. The NFL looked very bad, and many are disappointed with them. BUT, as some of us keep saying, it's your duty to understand the rules. And given the fines and even draft picks involved, anyone who gets penalized going forward just isn't getting it.

Comment

Again, selective outrage is not the NFL’s concern.

The NFL was fully aware that the Broncos’ performance would be terrible.

If the Broncos had won the game, no one would be complaining.

The NFL has made it clear they want a complete season, without a week 18. They want it so much that today’s game is still scheduled to be played despite two more positive tests from the Ravens yesterday.

With zero evidence of opponent to opponent transmission, it’s hard to argue that NFL is doing it wrong. They are trying to be cautious, but the games need to be played, if they want a legitimate champion at the end of the season.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl
          Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
            I find it odd that people say the NFL would not push back our game due to the NFL saying they will not push the games back for competitive balance reasons...and then they push the Pit/Balt game back because the Ravens wanted another day of practice.

I would have been ok with forcing the Broncos to play if the NFL was consistent with that policy to every team.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I find it odd that people say the NFL would not push back our game due to the NFL saying they will not push the games back for competitive balance reasons...and then they push the Pit/Balt game back because the Ravens wanted another day of practice.

I would have been ok with forcing the Broncos to play if the NFL was consistent with that policy to every team.
              The Ravens won’t stop testing positive. They had two yesterday. That’s why they keep pushing the game back.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

You’re right, Pat Bowlen hires the group of personnel that went to two Super Bowls in the last decade. However Why am I not surprised that once again, someone is diverting blame away from the one common denominator over the last four losing seasons!

The Steelers at least made the right choice when going back and evaluating head coaching candidates. Could John do that? No.
                He didn’t even interview, Eric B enemy or Sean McVay. Nope he just went with the leader of men Vance Joseph. As for Vic Fangio, he’s not a bad hire but the Pat Schurmur hire is horrible and so is the Tom McMahon hire but I guess you’ll say that’s Fangios fault.
                Tom McMahon was a leftover from VJ, but Fangio definitely should have canned him after last season. I hope he does at the end of this one.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The Ravens won’t stop testing positive. They had two yesterday. That’s why they keep pushing the game back.
                  That's because they clearly broke the quarantine rules, and yet are still getting favorable treatment. 98% of our team follows the rules, keeps the virus from breaking out, and we get heavily punished. I get rule following, but at least try to be consistent across the board
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

That's because they clearly broke the quarantine rules, and yet are still getting favorable treatment. 98% of our team follows the rules, keeps the virus from breaking out, and we get heavily punished. I get rule following, but at least try to be consistent across the board
                    Again, competitive disadvantage is not a reason to move a game.

Health and safety are the reasons.

I know people here have been making the bogus argument that it was unsafe to play without a quarterback. It’s just not true. No one can identify the injury/injuries that never would have happened, if a quarterback had played.

The NFL and players have a huge incentive to avoid a forfeit situation.
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I know people here have been making the bogus argument that it was unsafe to play without a quarterback. It’s just not true. No one can identify the injury/injuries that never would have happened, if a quarterback had played.

I disagree, when in the history of the game has their been a game played with zero on roster QBs?
                      Last edited by TheAsianPA; 12-02-2020, 02:51 PM.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Covid has an incubation period. The NFL has no way of knowing just when Driskell actually contracted it, only when he tested positive for it. But the NFL can’t abide by that because they’d constantly be reshuffling. And the close contact thing is just some bs put in place so they can say they’re trying. The QB is in close contact with everyone.

However football is an emotional sport and in that situation with the way the Saints defense was celebrating after every play, the unnecessary late hits on Hinton, there was a combustible element to the game that could have made the situation much much worse for both teams. Then you add in that you have a WR throwing passes who can barely find the laces much less know how to not throw his WRs into kill shots. It was a good thing Shurmur didn’t have him throwing passes over the middle and kept the majority up the sideline. There’s also the Janoris Jenkins injury that probably doesn’t happen if a QB played or the Lindsay injury that occurred from him taking a direct snap and running into a defense that knew there was no threat of a pass. Minor injuries yes, but they could’ve been much worse.

Fortunately our team carried themselves amicably and didn’t feed into the nonsense unlike a few weeks ago when Patrick got ejected for punching a Raiders player and both teams escaped with minor injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Covid has an incubation period. The NFL has no way of knowing just when Driskell actually contracted it, only when he tested positive for it. But the NFL can’t abide by that because they’d constantly be reshuffling. And the close contact thing is just some bs put in place so they can say they’re trying. The QB is in close contact with everyone.

However football is an emotional sport and in that situation with the way the Saints defense was celebrating after every play, the unnecessary late hits on Hinton, there was a combustible element to the game that could have made the situation much much worse for both teams. Then you add in that you have a WR throwing passes who can barely find the laces much less know how to not throw his WRs into kill shots. It was a good thing Shurmur didn’t have him throwing passes over the middle and kept the majority up the sideline. There’s also the Janoris Jenkins injury that probably doesn’t happen if a QB played or the Lindsay injury that occurred from him taking a direct snap and running into a defense that knew there was no threat of a pass. Minor injuries yes, but they could’ve been much worse.

Fortunately our team carried themselves amicably and didn’t feed into the nonsense unlike a few weeks ago when Patrick got ejected for punching a Raiders player and both teams escaped with minor injuries.
                          Plenty of actual quarterbacks have thrown balls that led to receivers getting hit hard. Plenty of runningbacks have run the ball when the defense knew it was coming, even though there was an actual quarterback in the game.
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Plenty of actual quarterbacks have thrown balls that led to receivers getting hit hard. Plenty of runningbacks have run the ball when the defense knew it was coming, even though there was an actual quarterback in the game.
                            While this is true, there is still added risk when you don’t have an actual QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
                              People need to lose their jobs for what happened yesterday...

Roger Goodell should have been fired a long time ago... The idea that this was his solution is absurd and insulting.

Who is going to be disciplined in the Denver organization for the QB staffing meltdown? This cannot happen in a multi billion $$ organization. If a Wall Street firm botched staffing this badly - someone would be fired on the spot.

Nobody holds anybody accountable in this organization since Pat Bowlen's demise.

How could the NFL let their product be tarnished like this, and put Broncos in a position to get injured along the way? I'm not willing to move on from yesterday until some heads start rolling... Preferably from both the NFL and the Broncos org.
                              Commissioner of the National Football League
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Commissioner of the National Football League
                                His statement definitely came from the heart but who’s going to fire the commissioner, league owners perhaps however I’m sure it’d be a very long and drawn out process.

Everyone else seems to be very upset with Roger Goodell but I’m actually pleased by what he did. Sure it may seem unfair and imply favoritism but the commissioner could be fed up with the situation in Denver and last Sunday’s benching of all Denver QBs could just be the first sign of him actually taking action against the Money grubbing trust of this Organization.

I want a new owner and I believe Denver just may have a new owner sooner rather than later!

Comment

Working...
                                X