Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Parks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will Parks

    Haven't seen a thread on this yet: The Broncos claimed Will Parks on waivers today. He was on a 1 year contract in Philly, so Denver will just be taking the rest of that contract for the year. He won't be eligible to play this week due to Covid protocols, but will be eligible to start practicing next week.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Haven't seen a thread on this yet: The Broncos claimed Will Parks on waivers today. He was on a 1 year contract in Philly, so Denver will just be taking the rest of that contract for the year. He won't be eligible to play this week due to Covid protocols, but will be eligible to start practicing next week.
    I saw a post from him on IG earlier stating such, he always was a consistent player for Denver and it looks like they my lose Simmons so a familiar face like parks is good insurance for the moment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Huge fan of Will Parks. Good on special teams, can play anywhere in the secondary, knows the system. This is a good move, I expect him to get in the lineup sooner than later especially with Callahan injured

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        especially with Callahan injured
        Callahan to IR is a huge blow defensively. Unless someone can step up, it's going to leave a hole at corner.

        Speaking or corner, did anyone see the play Davontae Harris made against the Steelers?

        Comment


        • #5
          When I saw Parks was available I was not sure it would be in his best interest to come here as Simmons is playing every snap for years.

          With Callahan to IR maybe the Broncos play with Jackson to CB again and give Parks some time to play at Safety.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • #6
            Good move, Parks is a solid DB and he knows the system. With Callahan missing at least three games we need help in the secondary.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Parks has experience and makes for a better 3rd safety than Trey Marshall does, who I believe is out for the season
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                When I saw Parks was available I was not sure it would be in his best interest to come here as Simmons is playing every snap for years.

                With Callahan to IR maybe the Broncos play with Jackson to CB again and give Parks some time to play at Safety.
                It’d probably be Parks playing in the nickel spot. That’s where he was at last season and excelled there. I don’t think he really feels comfortable back in a traditional safety spot. This will probably move Oj back to the boundary CB, I don’t think Bassey can handle it and the coaching staff has something against Bausby and doesn’t know what they want to do with Dawson.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

                  Callahan to IR is a huge blow defensively. Unless someone can step up, it's going to leave a hole at corner.

                  Speaking or corner, did anyone see the play Davontae Harris made against the Steelers?

                  I guess he learned. Diggs torched him with double moves last year and the Falcons beat him deep, or rather he beat himself by not looking for the ball, still think he could’ve picked it if he looked for it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

                    Callahan to IR is a huge blow defensively. Unless someone can step up, it's going to leave a hole at corner.

                    Speaking or corner, did anyone see the play Davontae Harris made against the Steelers?

                    Had he consistently played that way in Denver, I would have been a fan of him. I was not sad to see him go.

                    Very happy with the move of Parks back to Denver.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Glad to see Parks back with the Broncos. I wanted them to re-sign him last FA season but I think he wanted to go somewhere he could possibly start; I think? He will be a FA again though, I still hope they try to re-sign him, his value probably has took a major hit which could be good for the Broncos. I thought late last season he was doing a good job covering TE's; the Broncos sure could use that going into the future.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ​​​​ When I saw that he was released, I was hoping that we would get him back.

                        https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          Glad to see Parks back with the Broncos. I wanted them to re-sign him last FA season but I think he wanted to go somewhere he could possibly start; I think? He will be a FA again though, I still hope they try to re-sign him, his value probably has took a major hit which could be good for the Broncos. I thought late last season he was doing a good job covering TE's; the Broncos sure could use that going into the future.
                          This is my recollection too. It seems Parks went to a team he thought he could start on to being cut by that team. I agree with most of the comments above that Parks was a pretty good player for us...anyone know why he was cut?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                            This is my recollection too. It seems Parks went to a team he thought he could start on to being cut by that team. I agree with most of the comments above that Parks was a pretty good player for us...anyone know why he was cut?
                            He had a hamstring injury that kept him out the first 5 games. He just couldn’t catch up on all the time he lost.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can he play qb too?
                              Asking for a friend

                              "I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X