No announcement yet.

2020 Broncos vs 2019 Broncos....Better Team But Similar Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we've put together back to back good drafts and I think it gets to a tipping point. I happen to like these guys.

Comment

I'd say that's something a lot of people are missing when it comes to the Broncos is how young the team is. Broncos are in the top 7 for youngest NFL team by age average.
      Jags(24.9)
      Dolphins(25.0)
      Rams(25.1)
      Browns(25.4)
      Pack(25.5)
      Vikes(25.5)
      Broncos(25.6)

Noticeably the veteran presence is higher at key positions for the teams higher than Denver in age average, including the Packers whom have Aaron Rodgers, Vikings have Cousins, Rams have Goff.

Broncos are very young, don't have a veteran QB at the helm, a load of injuries to key players, and in my opinion the biggest oof, a defensive head coach on a team that has been struggling with offense for years. I said it when we hired Vic and Vance, Denver needed an offensive minded head coach. Our defense is always solid, but our offense? Even when we won the Super Bowl, that season our offense wasn't very good bc Manning was a dumpster.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I hear a bunch of excuses.....all those teams except for 1 are in the playoffs or have a chance to win their division. Vj people was calling for his head. Vic will get a pass.i never like that hire. He will more than likely be back next year and we will have another losing season. Especially if we don't address the....well we all know what it is.

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
        Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          I hear a bunch of excuses.....all those teams except for 1 are in the playoffs or have a chance to win their division. Vj people was calling for his head. Vic will get a pass.i never like that hire. He will more than likely be back next year and we will have another losing season. Especially if we don't address the....well we all know what it is.

A predictable response. Numbers don't lie, it's not excuses to point out reality. Nobody is excusing bad coaching, bad playcalling, lack of re-signing players, mediocre drafting. But the facts are the facts about the Broncos as a team regardless of someone walking about looking at anything in their defense as an excuse.
          These kind of numbers are tracked across all sports for a reason. For example a struggle major Soccer club happens to have the youngest average age at 24.8, that club being Manchester United, sitting at 9th place in the league. Now to go along with that another young team is in 3rd place, Chelsea(25.3).

The difference between those 2 soccer teams is the same difference between the Broncos and the 6 other teams...coaching, injuries, lack of leadership.

It's not excuses, it's facts.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Excuses, reasons, it’s all just words and one piece of information can be considered both depending on the perception of the person. If you’re down on the team those bits of information become excuses, if you are optimistic in regards to the future then that same information becomes a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

A predictable response. Numbers don't lie, it's not excuses to point out reality. Nobody is excusing bad coaching, bad playcalling, lack of re-signing players, mediocre drafting. But the facts are the facts about the Broncos as a team regardless of someone walking about looking at anything in their defense as an excuse.
              These kind of numbers are tracked across all sports for a reason. For example a struggle major Soccer club happens to have the youngest average age at 24.8, that club being Manchester United, sitting at 9th place in the league. Now to go along with that another young team is in 3rd place, Chelsea(25.3).

The difference between those 2 soccer teams is the same difference between the Broncos and the 6 other teams...coaching, injuries, lack of leadership.

It's not excuses, it's facts.
              Yawn, very team can say this in the nfl...."we had injuries, bad coaching, coivd, no offseason, blah blah blah

Out of that "young list" we had the same chance to be in the playoffs just like them....everyone started 0-0 with no offseason and covid....

Just like numerous NFL players have said "once you step out on the field all that goes away you go and win the game."

Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 12-05-2020, 03:54 AM.
              Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Excuses, reasons, it’s all just words and one piece of information can be considered both depending on the perception of the person. If you’re down on the team those bits of information become excuses, if you are optimistic in regards to the future then that same information becomes a reason.
                Now this i 1000% agree with.....been down on us for a while....dumb moves and drafts and it starts with ELWAY. Man I can't wait for him to get out of this organization.

Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 12-05-2020, 03:53 AM.

Comment

There is no solid evidence whatsoever to support claims that this years team is better. Yes there are excuses for injury and COvId but Covid happened to everyone not just us. Many teams have had to deal with it worse than us.

Yes the team is younger and maybe the future is bright. But there is nothing to suggest that’s fact other than bias fan hope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    There is no solid evidence whatsoever to support claims that this years team is better. Yes there are excuses for injury and COvId but Covid happened to everyone not just us. Many teams have had to deal with it worse than us.

Yes the team is younger and maybe the future is bright. But there is nothing to suggest that’s fact other than bias fan hope.
                    Fair enough. but I still believe that "on paper" they started the season better....based on Lock's potential progression, additions such as Gordon, Casey and Bouye, plus some pretty good draftees, giving Lock a new weapon or two, and giving us new potential starters/support players. Had I known that Bolles would become a legit LT, I would have been even more pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Fair enough. but I still believe that "on paper" they started the season better....based on Lock's potential progression, additions such as Gordon, Casey and Bouye, plus some pretty good draftees, giving Lock a new weapon or two, and giving us new potential starters/support players. Had I known that Bolles would become a legit LT, I would have been even more pumped.
                      But that’s all fan optimism which most of the media did not share. We see it every year on these boards CAN. Fans projecting 12-4 or 11-5 only to finish 6-10 or 7-9. I tend to be in the wait and see it to believe it crowd however I can’t help coming into every season optimistic based on player names. But many of them have not earned the respect yet.

You say on paper we are better. Statistics only show up on paper so on paper we are worse on both sides of the ball. Maybe we should’ve been better without so many key injuries but the team on the actual field is worse. Sure they fight hard but they are worse.

We also have nothing to go on but hope/optimism that we will be better in the future. But we may not be.

I’m not convinced Lock is really the guy. The oline is improved but still full of weaknesses. I don’t think we have an elite rb even though we all like Lindsay. I’m not as optimistic on Hamler as others are. I haven’t seen this projected top end speed yet. Juedy has shown flashes but not consistently enough. Though it’s hard to judge with poor qb play.

I say we just don’t really know what team we have. We are optimistic but there’s no real proof we are any better. Personally I think we are worse. At least the team actually playing.

I don’t think we are well coached either.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Yawn, very team can say this in the nfl...."we had injuries, bad coaching, coivd, no offseason, blah blah blah

Out of that "young list" we had the same chance to be in the playoffs just like them....everyone started 0-0 with no offseason and covid....

Just like numerous NFL players have said "once you step out on the field all that goes away you go and win the game."

Every*
                        Covid*

I didn't even mention Covid, which was for a reason. Not every team has bad coaching, not every team have similar issues, even teams worst than Denver have similar or worst issues. It's not about excuses or optimism, it's about facts. We all know the Broncos are bad, we all know Drew Lock is likely not the guy....We all know Elway has a lot of shortcomings and it's time to move on. We all know Fangio wasn't the right man for the job, and we all know Shurmur wasn't a good hire.

What's being stated isn't giving Denver an excuse. In comparison to what Beast said, I'm neither down on the team or optimistic about the future. I just see the numbers and the obvious and point it out. As I used other teams as example like Manchester United and Chelsea. Both of those teams are struggling teams, but one is in 3rd place and the other is in 7th. Both have relatively inexperienced head coaches. Both have young teams. But yet one of those teams just can't get things right...why? The answer to the why isn't an excuse, it's just an answer. Which is my point, not optimism or being hard on the team. I look at Denver without orange shaded glasses. No bias. I can dump on them in one thread and hold an intellectual....attempted intellectual conversation about the why questions involving the team.

The 2020 Denver Broncos are very similar to the 2020 Manchester United. Even down to a coach making bad decisions. For very Fangio bad call or no call on time management, Ole Solskjaer botches a sub or botches the line up.

Just as we are sitting here having this conversation, the Man United fan base is having this conversation about Ole and the players. Who fault is it, why is the team bad, etc etc etc.

This is a broad response to the situation btw, not just you.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

But that’s all fan optimism which most of the media did not share. We see it every year on these boards CAN. Fans projecting 12-4 or 11-5 only to finish 6-10 or 7-9. I tend to be in the wait and see it to believe it crowd however I can’t help coming into every season optimistic based on player names. But many of them have not earned the respect yet.

You say on paper we are better. Statistics only show up on paper so on paper we are worse on both sides of the ball. Maybe we should’ve been better without so many key injuries but the team on the actual field is worse. Sure they fight hard but they are worse.

We also have nothing to go on but hope/optimism that we will be better in the future. But we may not be.

I’m not convinced Lock is really the guy. The oline is improved but still full of weaknesses. I don’t think we have an elite rb even though we all like Lindsay. I’m not as optimistic on Hamler as others are. I haven’t seen this projected top end speed yet. Juedy has shown flashes but not consistently enough. Though it’s hard to judge with poor qb play.

I say we just don’t really know what team we have. We are optimistic but there’s no real proof we are any better. Personally I think we are worse. At least the team actually playing.

I don’t think we are well coached either.
                          I understand where you are coming from, and yes, "on paper" is subjective. Though in some years/situations, I think "you are your record" is not a precise measurement of who you are. And though I can get "orange colours" in my glasses, I am not too sure of the direction of late, given the last 4 years of weaker performance. But "on paper" (sorry), we came in with a 4 and 1 rookie QB, an RB duo with loads of skill, a WR team that included a rising star, but complemented by a top 3 WR draft pick, and what appeared to be a young TE who was finding his game. And a D that included a HoFamer "face of the team", a recovering young stud on the other side, a pro bowler on the inside thru acquisition, and a quality CB, also thru acquisition...to give support to a group that includes an All Pro Safety. Ironically, the one concern for me was still the Oline, but based on Bolles' play, that was not to be an issue. Now, it takes 5 Oliners to make a unit, plus the other members of the O that support via blocking/execution, so the verdict is not decided.

Anyway, like you, I tend to devalue the home base's predictions, even mine (ha ha). The experts rank us the way they do, for a reason. Not that the so called experts can see the future, but whenever I want a more objective take on our team, or any team, I look up assessments from more neutral parties.

But I will definitely give you this, you can only truly rate/rank teams by their performance, not their on paper appearance.

Part of me really does wonder about the overall management/ownership/coaching, because I do think that "on paper" does not become reality if there is something missing in terms of leadership/decision-making/strategy.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 12-05-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from, and yes, "on paper" is subjective. Though in some years/situations, I think "you are your record" is not a precise measurement of who you are. And though I can get "orange colours" in my glasses, I am not too sure of the direction of late, given the last 4 years of weaker performance. But "on paper" (sorry), we came in with a 4 and 1 rookie QB, an RB duo with loads of skill, a WR team that included a rising star, but complemented by a top 3 WR draft pick, and what appeared to be a young TE who was finding his game. And a D that included a HoFamer "face of the team", a recovering young stud on the other side, a pro bowler on the inside thru acquisition, and a quality CB, also thru acquisition...to give support to a group that includes an All Pro Safety. Ironically, the one concern for me was still the Oline, but based on Bolles' play, that was not to be an issue. Now, it takes 5 Oliners to make a unit, plus the other members of the O that support via blocking/execution, so the verdict is not decided.

Anyway, like you, I tend to devalue the home base's predictions, even mine (ha ha). The experts rank us the way they do, for a reason. Not that the so called experts can see the future, but whenever I want a more objective take on our team, or any team, I look up assessments from more neutral parties.

But I will definitely give you this, you can only truly rate/rank teams by their performance, not their on paper appearance.

Part of me really does wonder about the overall management/ownership/coaching, because I do think that "on paper" does not become reality if there is something missing in terms of leadership/decision-making/strategy.
                            My point was more the team that could’ve been on the field is not the team that has been on the field. The team that has been on the field is not as good as the team on the field in 2019.

I’m not even that confident the 2020 version will win another game and surely we aren’t pretending a 7-9 team was worse than a 4-12 team if that happens.

The team you are all referring to that could’ve been without injuries is not the team we got in 2020.
                            sigpic

Comment

My point was more the team that could’ve been on the field is not the team that has been on the field. The team that has been on the field is not as good as the team on the field in 2019.

I’m not even that confident the 2020 version will win another game and surely we aren’t pretending a 7-9 team was worse than a 4-12 team if that happens.

The team you are all referring to that could’ve been without injuries is not the team we got in 2020.
                              I see 6 and 10, but maybe just 5 and 11. Another high draft pick. Guess that's the good news. Hate to say it, but I've been studying mock drafts waaaay too early each of the last few seasons.

Comment

I see 6 and 10, but maybe just 5 and 11. Another high draft pick. Guess that's the good news. Hate to say it, but I've been studying mock drafts waaaay too early each of the last few seasons.
                                No joke. I’d really like to see Elway put another stud on the oline if he believes in Lock and we get a healthy offense next year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X