Vic Fangio is NOT a good Head Coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Fangio is NOT a good Head Coach.

He’s a great defensive coordinator, but a poor head coach.

4th and 3 with two timeouts and you punt.

He literally gave the game away. With 80 yards to drive, the chiefs l drained the clock down - in essence giving us no chance. We would have been better served to have gone for it on 4th and 3, and to turn it over - and to possibly stop KC and hold them to a FG (just as we did). Except we let them burn precious minutes away.

He honestly thought it would be harder to convert 4th and 3 than to try and stop Mahomes and a clicking offense, going up against a tired and less effective defense.

Read that again. He thought 4th and 3 was a harder task. Compared to giving Mahomes and a hot offense an opportunity to eat the clock against a battered secondary with rookies and newer players trying to keep up.

Sad thing is, he will continue to be our head coach next season for continuity, along with the FO not wanting Denver to appear as a coaching carousel destination.

Sorry Vic. Your “death by inches” quote when we hired you still plays in my head to this day. This guy can’t even manage time outs.... death by inches? Ha. 4th and 3.....
    Last edited by Peerless; 12-06-2020, 08:49 PM.

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

He literally gave the game away. With 80 yards to drive, the chiefs literally drained the clock down - in essence giving us no chance.

He honestly thought it would be harder to convert 4th and 3 than to try and stop Mahomes and a clicking offense, going up against a tired and less effective defense.

Sad thing is, he will continue to be our head coach next season for continuity, along with the FO not wanting Denver to appear as a coaching carousel destination.

Sorry Vic. Your “death by inches” quote when we hired you still plays in my head to this day. This guy can’t even manage time outs.... death by inches? Ha. 4th and 3.....
    Is he even that though?
    #swapping

Comment

He literally gave the game away. With 80 yards to drive, the chiefs literally drained the clock down - in essence giving us no chance.

Speaks volumes about what he thinks of the QB IMHO

Comment

Fangio is actually a decent HC. If he leaves Denver, Harbaugh is probably coming to Denver.

Comment

A team is only as good as their QB. Almost head coaches don’t do much with mediocre QBs. Look at Kubiak. He was an okay head coach, but give him a HOF QB and all of a sudden he’s a Super Bowl winner.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

He literally gave the game away. With 80 yards to drive, the chiefs l drained the clock down - in essence giving us no chance. We would have been better served to have gone for it on 4th and 3, and to turn it over - and to possibly stop KC and hold them to a FG (just as we did). Except we let them burn precious minutes away.

Read that again. He thought 4th and 3 was a harder task. Compared to giving Mahomes and a hot offense an opportunity to eat the clock against a battered secondary with rookies and newer players trying to keep up.

Totally Agree Vic is just not HC Material.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Fangio is actually a decent HC. If he leaves Denver, Harbaugh is probably coming to Denver.
              I would love Jim Harbaugh. Those Niner teams were the exact reason I wanted Fangio. They were dominant even without a superstar QB. Just a solid team, top-to-bottom.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

And guys/gals.... Vic AGAIN iced his own kicker. Why?? Why Vic, why??

Comment

So, just heard that Mcd was 11-17 after 28 games (canned)

VJ 11-17 after 28 games (canned)

Fangio 11-17 after 28 games....TBD

Comment

Fangio isn't going to be gone, that was already reported a few days ago. Doesnt matter though when the whole ship is sinking and a new owner is going to get a new GM and HC
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      Harbaugh is not the likely choice unless the Trust is doing the hiring and not Elway. I think Elway already took a shot at Harbaugh either before he hired Fox or after he fired Fox.

I am done thinking Fangio might be the right head coach. I will believe it when I see it.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Harbaugh is not the likely choice unless the Trust is doing the hiring and not Elway. I think Elway already took a shot at Harbaugh either before he hired Fox or after he fired Fox.

I am done thinking Fangio might be the right head coach. I will believe it when I see it.
                        The time wasn't right last time with Harbaugh. We will see what happens this time. But I think that Fangio and his staff will be here for awhile.
                        Young team, young players, take a while to develop, give it a year or two more, and if it's not working we retool again.

Comment

I know I am going to be the lightening rod for negative feelings but I think our defense is championship ready.

If we could even get an average offense...maybe a QB who is not leading the NFL in yards per pass attempt and long passes while last in the NFL in short passes maybe our offense would be able to compliment a good defense with a lot of starters missing games this year.

The Head Coach is responsible for the entire team but Vic was brought in here for his ability to field a good defense....he has done that.

The problem has been getting this offense out of the hole it has been in since 2015.

IMO Shurmur has been the worst thing coaching wise that has happened to this team since the McD days.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            I know I am going to be the lightening rod for negative feelings but I think our defense is championship ready.

If we could even get an average offense...maybe a QB who is not leading the NFL in yards per pass attempt and long passes while last in the NFL in short passes maybe our offense would be able to compliment a good defense with a lot of starters missing games this year.

The Head Coach is responsible for the entire team but Vic was brought in here for his ability to field a good defense....he has done that.

The problem has been getting this offense out of the hole it has been in since 2015.

IMO Shurmur has been the worst thing coaching wise that has happened to this team since the McD days.
                            I don't think Vic's defense is as good as you think it is. When pressed, they've given up game-winning or go-ahead drives in several games over the last 2 years.

The issue is that this team averages 18 points on offense. Other teams don't have to do a whole lot against our defense to win the game, as evidence by what happened yesterday. If a team only has to score 20 points to win a game, you're not going to see a lot of bells & whistles, so the defense isn't going to be tested.

I think our defense is solid, but they don't force turnovers and they don't get a lot of pressure on the QB.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I still think it's funny Harbaugh would be an easy pick. He's not even on the top of any list for hires. A lot of GMs and Owners don't like him for taking shots and publicly talking about the Niners.
                              And again people are in a dream land where they think hiring him means Broncos become the Colon Kaepernick led Niners.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X