Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was That The Weirdest Incomplete TD Catch Ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Last night on TSN they had the top 10 plays that never counted....primarily due to penalties. It was of course prompted by Hill's TD that never counted. Some amazing plays in sports that came back, sadly, given the incredible athleticism involved. It is so cool to see Receivers like Hopkins make one handed catches while twisting their bodies! Even securing the football between their legs after some crazy gyrations!!

Here are some examples of amazing catches:

Last edited by CanDB; 12-08-2020, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    By the way I hate Hill. I'm glad he didn't get that one, or this one:

So classy. Glad the hold negated it.
    I give that an F

Over 10 years ago we saw players who could back flip and land on their feet. Who cares about a guy who can not land on his feet....

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I said no offense Can. Seems you took offense anyway. I just tend to prefer not to speak to amazing things by division rivals in a loss even if that somehow went in our favor.

Seems like others have engaged this morning though so carry on and ignore my mood. I had trouble falling asleep after the game even though I wasn’t that upset about it.
    DB, I am not offended, rather surprised. Just seems like a simple thread about something bizarre that just happens to have taken place in a Broncos game. There are plenty enough less "light" posts about the team.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Seriously? We can't keep things a little light? I've watched sports for a long time and I've never seen a play like that before. I'll remember that longer than I will remember this particular game. And if anything, it benefited our team, but they were the ones who messed up the opportunity to have it reviewed.

Would you rather I start up a "Fire _______" thread?
    I said no offense Can. Seems you took offense anyway. I just tend to prefer not to speak to amazing things by division rivals in a loss even if that somehow went in our favor.

Seems like others have engaged this morning though so carry on and ignore my mood. I had trouble falling asleep after the game even though I wasn’t that upset about it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Lets put it this way, until I hear something positive regarding one aspect of his life, I will not be a fan.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Before the game, I was really praying for miracles, for the ball to bounce our way to give us a chance. This uncalled TD was one of a number of things that went our way, the most dramatic and strange thing for sure! If we had won the game, it would definitely be the hot topic on Chefs boards today.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    That was a TD however the Refs and the WR did not even know LOL so yes for sure the craziest NON TD catch ever LOL

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    I definitely haven't seen something like that in my lifetime. I love watching football and seeing something crazy and new every week.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It looked good. The only replay I saw in real time was from an angle that does not show the ball until it is coming out from Hill. Hard for me to guess only seeing the hole thing in slow motion.

I do think it is kind of telling that Hill was not making a case for it until he saw the replay. He did not realize he had control. Can still see the NFL calling it a TD tho.
    This is all in fun, so maybe they do not call it a TD, but it was just bizarre. I think Chris Collinsworth said what I was thinking....no matter how long you have watched/experienced sports, you will still see something different if you keep at it.

Now, if I was to be a little tough on The Broncs, we were lucky that Mahomes was off a bit, because he and Hill had their long bomb chances.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

I am pretty sure it would have been ruled a TD. It was laying in his grip for long enough before being stripped. Regardless, it was a bizarre situation, not only because of the weird "physics" involved, the fact he did not know, nor did the refs or his entire team.
    It looked good. The only replay I saw in real time was from an angle that does not show the ball until it is coming out from Hill. Hard for me to guess only seeing the hole thing in slow motion.

I do think it is kind of telling that Hill was not making a case for it until he saw the replay. He did not realize he had control. Can still see the NFL calling it a TD tho.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I am not 100% sure they would have given him control. The DB ripped the ball out. It would have been interesting to see what the Refs did. Never saw the good replay in real time so not sure how long he actually had ball in his hands.
    I am pretty sure it would have been ruled a TD. It was laying in his grip for long enough before being stripped. Regardless, it was a bizarre situation, not only because of the weird "physics" involved, the fact he did not know, nor did the refs or his entire team.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I am not 100% sure they would have given him control. The DB ripped the ball out. It would have been interesting to see what the Refs did. Never saw the good replay in real time so not sure how long he actually had ball in his hands.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

No offense Can but this seems like a thread better placed on the Chiefs message boards.
    Seriously? We can't keep things a little light? I've watched sports for a long time and I've never seen a play like that before. I'll remember that longer than I will remember this particular game. And if anything, it benefited our team, but they were the ones who messed up the opportunity to have it reviewed.

Would you rather I start up a "Fire _______" thread?
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-07-2020, 07:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I don't believe I have ever seen a play where a receiver somehow has the ball land on him after a strange bounce, and never touches the ground, BUT he runs off the field thinking it was incomplete.....therefore no one challenges it. Andy Reid was probably saying this to Hill afterwards on the sidelines:

"Dude, you prima donna WRs always say you caught the ball even when you don't, so what's wrong with you?? You gone numb??"
    No offense Can but this seems like a thread better placed on the Chiefs message boards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X