So Lets See How We Compete Against The Panthers, Another 4 and 8 Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Lets See How We Compete Against The Panthers, Another 4 and 8 Team

Ok....same lousy record going in. The Panthers with a covid situation. But likely to get McCaffrey back. If so, I see this game as tougher than it appears. Carolina had a pretty good start, but have lost too many games, though some close ones to really good teams, like KC and The Saints. Beat Arizona and shut out Detroit. But again, if McCaffrey is back, they are a better team.

Lets see what The Broncs have in the tank. Playoffs are over as far I'm concerned. No evidence that our franchise QB is in the fold. An O that is 2nd last in league scoring. Time to right the ship, and to help make post season evaluations a bit easier. As one who really supported Lock, it's that time to prove himself for sure. I still like the guy, but between the step back in his NFL journey and possibly a little to do with some of his "antics" shall we say, on the field (maybe I am too old fashioned), I am not convinced like I was almost a year ago. And this is troubling, because I am feeling a bit like it's Groundhog Day all over again. Wake up to the alarm, and on comes I Got You Babe. As in, we're still looking for a QB

As for coaching....not convinced either, but too early for me to solve the entire puzzle. And rightly so, not good to make too many changes, over and over. If I can be honest, we seem to have issues of some sort from top to bottom.

But this Sunday is game one of our future. A good game will not mean the tide is turned, but it will be a nice first step. And it will reveal a little more about Lock, our coaches, and so forth. And then Buffalo....Chargers.....Raiders. This is a 4 week test, and though not a full representation of what's to come, it's like another audition time in my opinion. You have 4 games to show us what you have. I am not expecting victories, though that would be good, but I am expecting progress and solid play.

I think this is a good matchup for us and I’m optimistic that we win this one. I think Lock avoids a turnover this game and ends up with 250 yards and 2 TDs.

I think he’s real close to putting it all together. There’s still a lot of work but he is improving, it’s just being overshadowed by poor decisions.

Comment

Do we have a shot to beat Carolina and cost us a higher draft pick in a year we don't make the playoffs again? Sure.

Do I have think that Fangio or Lock will screw up and cost us the game? Sure.

Good times being a Broncos fan.

Comment

Lock is making the same mistakes every week, I don’t see any area of improvement for him but hey any given Sunday right!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          I think this is a good matchup for us and I’m optimistic that we win this one. I think Lock avoids a turnover this game and ends up with 250 yards and 2 TDs.

I think he’s real close to putting it all together. There’s still a lot of work but he is improving, it’s just being overshadowed by poor decisions.
          We will lose....people are sleeping on this def. Teams are not blowing them out at all.

Lock sucks....I dont see the improvement you do but hey we will see.

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

At the end of the day, who cares?

We're not making the playoffs and we've lost 11 in a row to the Chiefs. The ownership is a chaotic disgraceful mess. And it's obvious that Elway, Fangio and Lock aren't going anywhere so there's not even much to look forward to next year.

We are the Jets, Bengals and Lions. Bottom of the league and nowhere near being on the upswing.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

We're not making the playoffs and we've lost 11 in a row to the Chiefs. The ownership is a chaotic disgraceful mess. And it's obvious that Elway, Fangio and Lock aren't going anywhere so there's not even much to look forward to next year.

We are the Jets, Bengals and Lions. Bottom of the league and nowhere near being on the upswing.
              Agreed....
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

"avoids a turnover"....not sure avoids is the correct word. And, would you wager serious $$$ on that in Vegas?
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

"avoids a turnover"....not sure avoids is the correct word. And, would you wager serious $$$ on that in Vegas?
                  Probably, they only have 5 INTs on the season and 18 sacks. They might force a fumble I guess. They’re 2nd to last in 3rd down conversions too so this is a good game for Lock to put it all together.

Comment

Last week Lock threw another early pick, in scoring position, during a winnable game. He also threw a late pick to seal the loss. The Offense looked better at times as pieces and plays seemed to work but it's still dysfunctional. I'm seeing Lock miss opportunities and blow plays that should work. So I'm done with blaming coaches. Lock needs to play better or the team isn't going to progress. It's on him right now.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Who would’ve ever thought that John Elway would be a part of Denver’s demise to this degree
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

We will lose....people are sleeping on this def. Teams are not blowing them out at all.

Lock sucks....I dont see the improvement you do but hey we will see.

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
                        Well you also refused to see Josh Allen’s improvements last year and now look at him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Panthers have a great defense and McCaffery. They also have a better game manager in Bridgewater. Despite that I think this is the most winnable game on schedule we have left, minus maybe the Chargers game
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Well you also refused to see Josh Allen’s improvements last year and now look at him.
                            What did I say about him??? And he looked ok last year not great.....vs good teams he didn't play good. I didn't say anything about him this year. His def was totally booming last year. It also help he plays the jets twice and bradyless N.E. twice and a rookie lead mia twice.

But all in all. He has improved. His team made bold moves to get the player that felt would help then "diggs" they gave up a lot to get him. I just wish Broncos do the same thing. Not worry about picks go get that player you want....

Comment

At the end of the day...I care! For right on about 50 years...

Comparing us to the teams listed above is just plain ridiculous.
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X