So Lets See How We Compete Against The Panthers, Another 4 and 8 Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I was trying to focus on Muti and from what I saw in real time he looked OK. I didn't really see him get pushed back in pass pro, but I lost him in the running game. The pulling was confusing me and I kept losing track of him.
    He had a couple of less than satisfactory plays, but he looked OK to me playing between another rookie and a backup G/T. If he can stay healthy, he is a solid, strong player who can hit. I think he knocked one of Carolina's DBs out for a play or two. If Muti becomes a starter, DBs are not going to want to see him pulling to their side.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Not according to some of the posts in this thread. some posters seem to think the goal is to actively be horrible.
      Anyone, whoever, that thinks players / team should not give it their all so that they improve their chances of better picks in the draft is total nonsense. To behave and think that way as a player / coach is total "stuff that comes out of the south end of a north bound chicken". No class or quality character.
      That's what is truly horrible!
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

He had a couple of less than satisfactory plays, but he looked OK to me playing between another rookie and a backup G/T. If he can stay healthy, he is a solid, strong player who can hit. I think he knocked one of Carolina's DBs out for a play or two. If Muti becomes a starter, DBs are not going to want to see him pulling to their side.
        I was thinking that Risner and Muti would be our G's in the future with Glasgow being phased out in a couple of years. But Glasgow has kind of tapered off in production and Muti is right there ready to play. Still, looking at Glasgow's contract a while ago, it makes financial sense to keep him. But the staff has to be looking at the film and thinking about it.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I was thinking that Risner and Muti would be our G's in the future with Glasgow being phased out in a couple of years. But Glasgow has kind of tapered off in production and Muti is right there ready to play. Still, looking at Glasgow's contract a while ago, it makes financial sense to keep him. But the staff has to be looking at the film and thinking about it.
          If I'm not mistaken, Anderson and Schlottmann are ERFAs next year and will be Broncos if Denver wants them which I think they will. Wilkinson and Dotson are UFAs next year. I can see Denver trying to make a deal with Demar. The presence of Glasgow, Risner, Muti and Schlottmann plus his weaknesses as a T make Wilkinson a candidate to be released as he is UFA next year. "Route 66" Risner's contarct is up in 2023, but pretty sure he will be re-signed. Glasgow, Cushenberry, Muti and James are signed through 2023. James might be released after next year, so Denver may draft another T next year. The group has gotten better and are starting to play well as a unit. The future looks good.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Anderson and Schlottmann are ERFAs next year and will be Broncos if Denver wants them which I think they will. Wilkinson and Dotson are UFAs next year. I can see Denver trying to make a deal with Demar. The presence of Glasgow, Risner, Muti and Schlottmann plus his weaknesses as a T make Wilkinson a candidate to be released as he is UFA next year. "Route 66" Risner's contarct is up in 2023, but pretty sure he will be re-signed. Glasgow, Cushenberry, Muti and James are signed through 2023. James might be released after next year, so Denver may draft another T next year. The group has gotten better and are starting to play well as a unit. The future looks good.
            I don't want to hurry Glasgow out the door but he has tapered off and Muti is waiting in the wings. Still makes more sense to me to keep him through the end of (I think) 2022. I really, really want them to draft an OT next year, Someone who can come in and challenge for the RT spot immediately.

Comment

I don't want to hurry Glasgow out the door but he has tapered off and Muti is waiting in the wings. Still makes more sense to me to keep him through the end of (I think) 2022. I really, really want them to draft an OT next year, Someone who can come in and challenge for the RT spot immediately.
              Glasgow has looked good when he has played this year, I would like to see Risner out at RT and play Muti at left guard.
              sigpic

Comment

One option would be to move Glasgow to C if they feel Cush isn't the answer or depth at G and C, assuming Muti can beat him out. And this seems like a good year to draft a RT early. Our O line could be a strength.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Glasgow has looked good when he has played this year, I would like to see Risner out at RT and play Muti at left guard.
                  That would be good short term if it worked but I'm thinking it would be better to build a line with younger guys. I see Glasgow as a vet rental for a few seasons

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

One option would be to move Glasgow to C if they feel Cush isn't the answer or depth at G and C, assuming Muti can beat him out. And this seems like a good year to draft a RT early. Our O line could be a strength.
                    Yeah. Hit on a 2nd rounder in a class that's deep at the OT position and suddenly our line looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

But that’s the thing we’re just comparing him to every other QB and no one really sits down and analyzes his play whether good, bad, or ugly. Burrow came out much more polished and went to a team with a very young offensive mind that implemented things he likes to do. I’d expect him to look good. Herbert was a surprise but he’s starting to fall off the past 2 or 3 games.

Lock doesn’t even know who he is or what he likes to do as a QB. He has never had any continuity in an offense as he’s had to learn what 6 offenses in 6 years with 4 of them being gimmick college offense because he was on a less than stellar Missouri team that had to compete in the SEC.

But when I sit back and go over his tape, there isn’t anything he’s doing that can’t be fixed. He’s improved in some areas that he was poor at last season and regressed in others. That’s ok, progression won’t always be linear. The biggest improvement he’s made this season has been his body language. Lock wears his heart on his sleeve and while people don’t like his celebrations, that’s usually when he’s playing his best, when he’s able to have fun. But a few times this season you could visibly see him down on himself after a bad play and things spiraled. That hasn’t happened his last 2 games, he’s stayed poised and won 1 game and gave us a fighting chance (before losing it) against the defending champs. His footwork is improving, his pocket awareness is getting better. It’s just mental for him and really everyone right now. Just knowing who your hot route is and being on the same page when that cover 0 blitz comes. Everyone understanding spacing and when/why they need to adjust the depth of certain routes. It’s a young offense with no veteran to rely on so they’re figuring things out as they go.

If and when the game slows down for him mentally and as he learns what he can and can’t do he will be fun to watch.
                      There is very little which can be put on film which cannot be fixed. I mean the only thing I can think of is if Kyle Murray was getting the ball stuffed 90 percent of the time because he is short. You cannot fix height.

What it comes down to is can Lock fix these things. He is still staring down his 1st reads. He is still not seeing the whole field. This last game was one of the first in a long time where he had great ball placement for most of the game.

So can Lock build on his last game? Can he keep progressing? If the Bills takeaway his 1st read and or underneath can he get through his progressions?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

There is very little which can be put on film which cannot be fixed. I mean the only thing I can think of is if Kyle Murray was getting the ball stuffed 90 percent of the time because he is short. You cannot fix height.

What it comes down to is can Lock fix these things. He is still staring down his 1st reads. He is still not seeing the whole field. This last game was one of the first in a long time where he had great ball placement for most of the game.

So can Lock build on his last game? Can he keep progressing? If the Bills takeaway his 1st read and or underneath can he get through his progressions?
                        The first read thing is ridiculously overstated. His first read is his presnap read which will determine the order of his progressions. The first read post snap is going to be to the S 90% of the time (to validate the coverage he identified presnap) and Lock does that. He does not stay there, it’s usually the 2nd read where he gets stuck at, but again it isn’t him locking onto a particular target. The read, especially in this offense, is a defender not any target and based off what that defender does dictates what Lock does with the ball. Almost every play is like this for him so 1 read is usually 2 targets and sometimes he’ll have 3 or even all his targets in his line of sight off of the one read. The 2nd TD to Hamler is an example of that. If that S stays back he hits Jeudy which according to Hamler is what happened every single time they ran that play in practice, so it would be reasonable to think Lock would be conditioned to throwing to Jeudy there, but he made the read and when that S came up he hit Hamler.

Lock makes multiple reads nearly every play especially when he gets enough protection to get deeper into his progressions. In this offense though, just because you see a short crosser coming open, it does not mean that that target is actually apart of the read. Often times that’s just a clear out route for someone else and within this offense that requires Lock to wait on a defender to make a decision before Lock makes his which gives the illusion that he’s locked into his first read. Perfect example (albeit with a different QB) is against the Steelers where Driskell froze at the end of the game. Yes Patrick was open underneath for a first down, however Patrick was bait to get the LB to come down to clear out space for Gordon coming out on the arrow route. If Driskell gets that pass off to Gordon (which is how the play is designed) Gordon is one on one with a S about 15-20 yards down the field.

Lock shouldn’t be expected to hit those decoy/clear out routes at this stage in his development. He’s just now getting a grasp on the playbook so a lot of what he’s been doing has been going by the book. This play tells me to do this vs this coverage so that’s what I’m going to do and that along with him trying to force some passes have resulted in bad mistakes. The offense forces slow progressions because plays take longer to develop and the defense is dictating where he goes with the ball. As Lock grows in this offense we will see him get better at going off script.

Comment

Looking at the current NFL standings this game was the difference between current pick 4 and pick 9. There may be more complex tiebreakers going on but keeping it simple for time and the fact things will probably change. Like the game with the Chargers (current 7th pick) and Broncos (current 9th pick)

I really get the feel by some to lose and get better draft picks. I feel the pull as well.

The Carolina game was an example of where we could go on offense. Good offensive game plan that was executed very well by the players. Maybe we could get more choice opportunities with a loss but I think we get some very needed team building with a win.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            Looking at the current NFL standings this game was the difference between current pick 4 and pick 9. There may be more complex tiebreakers going on but keeping it simple for time and the fact things will probably change. Like the game with the Chargers (current 7th pick) and Broncos (current 9th pick)

I really get the feel by some to lose and get better draft picks. I feel the pull as well.

The Carolina game was an example of where we could go on offense. Good offensive game plan that was executed very well by the players. Maybe we could get more choice opportunities with a loss but I think we get some very needed team building with a win.
                            I agree, ill say I what purpose of winning? I rather have the better draft pick
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                            X