Calvin Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin Anderson

Okay, why the heck does this kid not play until Sunday. Can he not play RT? I know Carolina does not have phenomenal DE's but all this guy did was blow up D-linemen on run blocks and not give up any obvious pressures, while committing zero penalties. So I am sorry as we likely don't need to start a thread for him, but props to Calvin Anderson he played very well Sunday.

He did play well, but he wasn’t as good when he came in at RT earlier in the season against Atlanta. I think he has some good qualities and can definitely be a diamond in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      He did play well, but he wasn’t as good when he came in at RT earlier in the season against Atlanta. I think he has some good qualities and can definitely be a diamond in the rough.
      Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
      I really hope Calvin Anderson is another diamond in the rough for the Broncos. He received a lot of praise during camp.
      Great minds.

I agree - he looked more comfortable at LT than he did at RT. Maybe it's the experience he gained that has helped? The Broncos know what they have in Dotson, so it might be worth starting Anderson at RT for the final three games of the season if Bolles returns next week.

The play that impressed me the most was when he threw one of the Panthers' defenders to the ground on Fumagalli's screen that almost resulted in a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
        Okay, why the heck does this kid not play until Sunday. Can he not play RT? I know Carolina does not have phenomenal DE's but all this guy did was blow up D-linemen on run blocks and not give up any obvious pressures, while committing zero penalties. So I am sorry as we likely don't need to start a thread for him, but props to Calvin Anderson he played very well Sunday.
        Calvin Anderson (UDFA 2019) got his first NFL start at RT against the Raiders on 15 November playing all 71 snaps. He had taken most of his practice reps at LT, but started against the Raiders due to injuries to Dotson and Rodgers who had taken most of his practice snaps at RT. He did well at LT yesterday, so he can play both sides.

He and Austin Schlottmann are ERFAs next year and will most likely be retained by Denver. They are very good depth guys.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Calvin Anderson (UDFA 2019) got his first NFL start at RT against the Raiders on 15 November playing all 71 snaps. He had taken most of his practice reps at LT, but started against the Raiders due to injuries to Dotson and Rodgers who had taken most of his practice snaps at RT. He did well at LT yesterday, so he can play both sides.

He and Austin Schlottmann are ERFAs next year and will most likely be retained by Denver. They are very good depth guys.
          Yep my bad I forgot he came in previous games. Well he certainly improved upon those 2 appearances than. He can repeat that performance I would resign the guy next year for sure.

Comment

Comment

Bolles really has grown a lot this year.

Comment

Bolles is Awesome !! WTG Calvin Anderson WTG !!

Comment

Bolles is a good guy for letting Calvin Anderson live at his house.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                    It is reasons like this guy imo why when someone is playing like how other RTs have played in the last 1.5 year we should bench those horrible players and just start a young guy.

Get the coaches probably see things in practice but sometimes need to let a young guy have a chance when the current starter failing so badly.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Anderson was good but I don’t think he’d be an upgrade over Dotson. He did have some real bad plays. On the first TD to Hamler he was all the way hunched over bending at the waist and got beat easily. I mean it looked like he had just got punched in the gut by a heavyweight boxer, it was that bad. If Hamler wasn’t so open from the jump it would’ve been an easy sack. But at least he went inside out and let Gordon pick up the blitzer off the edge.

I do think he’d be better than Wilkinson but the time he has spent at RT this season hasn’t looked good. And to his credit, Wilkinson did look better this game than he did at the beginning of the season. His pass sets looked much quicker so I can’t say for sure if he was ever fully healthy to start the season. Anderson does have some impressive movement skills, on that screen to Fumagalli, he got out of his initial pass set very quickly to get to the other side of the defender and wall him off. That extra push at the end was very close to being a block in the back however.

Comment

Anderson was good but I don’t think he’d be an upgrade over Dotson. He did have some real bad plays. On the first TD to Hamler he was all the way hunched over bending at the waist and got beat easily. I mean it looked like he had just got punched in the gut by a heavyweight boxer, it was that bad. If Hamler wasn’t so open from the jump it would’ve been an easy sack. But at least he went inside out and let Gordon pick up the blitzer off the edge.

I do think he’d be better than Wilkinson but the time he has spent at RT this season hasn’t looked good. And to his credit, Wilkinson did look better this game than he did at the beginning of the season. His pass sets looked much quicker so I can’t say for sure if he was ever fully healthy to start the season. Anderson does have some impressive movement skills, on that screen to Fumagalli, he got out of his initial pass set very quickly to get to the other side of the defender and wall him off. That extra push at the end was very close to being a block in the back however.
                        Wilkinson played better than usual but he did have a couple plays to remind us of who is he as a RT in the NFL
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Calvin Anderson, Austin Schlottman and Elijah Wilkinson are good depth guys. Eli is listed as a G/T, so when he is at T, it's a pinch. He had twelve starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. Between Ja'Wuan James being a question mark and Demar Dotson's age, Denver needs to draft a good Tackle prospect early. Anderson might be good T depth, Schlottmann provides interior depth and Muti might be a future starter. Glasgow is under contract through 2023. Anderson and Schlottmann are ERFAs next year and will probably be retained. Wilkinson is UFA next year and may be expendable.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

This upcoming draft needs to be the most unsexy draft ever. Offensive linemen, def. line, corner. I like Calvin and his effort but he's best as a backup as mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRy View Post
                              This upcoming draft needs to be the most unsexy draft ever. Offensive linemen, def. line, corner. I like Calvin and his effort but he's best as a backup as mentioned before.
                              i don't think you can say that. may be at this point but he is sitll only 24 and developing in the nfl. a second year guy. he still has room to grow and definitely can grow to be better then he is currently. he has the Athletic abilities to be a starter and munch really like him
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X