Netane Muti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netane Muti

Since I haven’t seen anything posted Yet, what is everyone’s thoughts on Netane Muti?

While playing for Fresno, he had a reputation for being a nasty mauler with great strength dominating the Opposition.

If his play yesterday is any indication, he’s carrying that style over to the pros and looks darn good doing so. I saw him once again blowing up defenders, and run blocking downfield with great awareness and dominance!

Not trying to sound over excited but it ain’t everyday that we see a kid make his first start and have the success that he had yesterday. Not saying he was great but he did look really good and seemed to play very smart. If he keeps that up along with remaining healthy it may make Glasgow Expendable!

Here’s a short but good article I found online today! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kho...r-broncos/amp/

Netane Muti started 2020 by betting on himself, forgoing his final year of eligibility at Fresno State in order to enter the NFL Draft.

In the 2019 season, Muti missed the final nine games of the season due to a foot injury. He figured that if he were to miss more time, he’d rather bide his time in the pros than wonder what could have been in college.

Muti impressed at the NFL Combine in February, putting up 44 repetitions on the bench press, which was tops among all participants. After getting selected in the sixth round by the Denver Broncos, he’s been ruled inactive in all but three of the Broncos’ games this season.

But on Sunday, Muti made his first career NFL start at right guard. Quarterback Drew Lock was sacked just once while completing 21 of his 27 passes for 280 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions as the Broncos improved to 5-8 with a 32-27 win over the Carolina Panthers.

After the game, Lock was complimentary of the protection provided by Muti, which would not have possible weren’t for the Leilehua graduate’s gamble in January, which has already paid dividends.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-14-2020, 09:48 PM.
    sigpic

I didn't get to see the whole game but I liked what I did see out of him. I'm kind of holding my breath and hoping that he's not fool's gold, but it's hard not to get excited about a potential impact player on the O-Line. We need that. Badly.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I wasn’t paying to him too much. I was excited when we drafted him because the draft analyst made him seem like a hidden gem.

ill definitely pay attention to him this weekend.
      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Since I haven’t seen anything posted Yet, what is everyone’s thoughts on Netane Muti?

While playing for Fresno, he had a reputation for being a nasty mauler with great strength dominating the Opposition.

If his play yesterday is any indication, he’s carrying that style over to the pros and looks darn good doing so. I saw him once again blowing up defenders, and run blocking downfield with great awareness and dominance!

Not trying to sound over excited but it ain’t everyday that we see a kid make his first start and have the success that he had yesterday. Not saying he was great but he did look really good and seemed to play very smart. If he keeps that up along with remaining healthy it may make Glasgow Expendable!

Here’s a short but good article I found online today! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kho...r-broncos/amp/
        I like what I saw and want to see more, I like having an Oline man with his mentality. He seems like the kinda player of you do our QB dirty he will come after you. Him and Bolles give Lock a couple of body guards. Would like to see him get more playing time for the next three games and I’d also like to see Risner get some reps at RT.
        sigpic

Comment

Well if he's starting again he has his work cut out for him against the Bills D line. Drew Lock does too. Really would go a long way to prove a similar performance against a playoff team
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Super Stoked to see Muti on the O-Line Pancaking Defenders Oh Yeaaaaa!!

Comment

Definitely liked what I saw out of him. The o-line and n general is starting to look like it has potential.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                Definitely liked what I saw out of him. The o-line and n general is starting to look like it has potential.
                the o-line last game looked pretty bad in the pass protection area, Lock was getting hit alot more then i would like to see. some felt late also but it is not my area to judge that.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  I like what I saw and want to see more, I like having an Oline man with his mentality. He seems like the kinda player of you do our QB dirty he will come after you. Him and Bolles give Lock a couple of body guards. Would like to see him get more playing time for the next three games and I’d also like to see Risner get some reps at RT.
                  I feel Risner has that same nasty mentality, he’s just comes off a little more calm but he has it. I like Cushenberry but he seems like he’d be the nice guy of the bunch, maybe too nice however we need a cooler with some sanity on the line somewhere lol.

Imagine if we had gotten Matt Hennessy instead, all that nasty along the front would’ve been crazy!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    Well if he's starting again he has his work cut out for him against the Bills D line. Drew Lock does too. Really would go a long way to prove a similar performance against a playoff team
                    The O-Line situation at Carolina was extreme with Bolles and Dotson scratched game day morning and Glasgow already out. They were only able to suit six. There were no backup Tackles. If either Anderson or Wilkinson had gone down, a shuffle would have ensued. Think Muti started so that Schlottmann could backup the interior spots. If Bolles, Dotson and Galsgow return, Muti will probably be inactive. If Glasgow is still out, we shall see if it's Muti or Schlottmann at RG.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We were very fortunate to get Muti in the 6th. There was never a question about his ability; he dropped because of durability. If he can stay healthy, he can be a very good o-lineman for a while. Hopefully he can continue to grow and become a stalwart on our line for years to come.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                        We were very fortunate to get Muti in the 6th. There was never a question about his ability; he dropped because of durability. If he can stay healthy, he can be a very good o-lineman for a while. Hopefully he can continue to grow and become a stalwart on our line for years to come.
                        Denver drafted ten. They are all with the team and all have played except for Justin Strnad who has been on IR all season. Muti makes the fifth of the ten rookie 2020 draftees to start. Bassey, Bellamy, Hinton and Bobenmoyer are UDFAs who have played. Denver's roster has quite a few young players who are getting significant playing time due to injuries. That playing time is vital to their development. The roster Denver takes to TC next year will consist mostly of players with game experience as Broncos.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

the o-line last game looked pretty bad in the pass protection area, Lock was getting hit alot more then i would like to see. some felt late also but it is not my area to judge that.
                          It’s certainly a work in progress, but it’s at least starting to look like we’re on the upswing.
                          sigpic

Comment

I personally would like to see some of the players like Wilk and Glasgow sit the last couple games and give young players like Muti some playing time.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                            X