Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Denver up for Success

Just hear me out.

Rumors are swirling that Trevor Lawrence does not want to play for the NY Jets and honestly, who could blame him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-new-york-jets

That said, if Elway wants to keep his job and set Denver up for success he would be wise to

1.) Fire Vic Fangio.
    2.) Hire Eric Bienemy
    3.) Put together a package to move up in
    a trade with the Jets (presuming they have the first overall pick in the 2021 Draft.)

- offer Von Miller
    - offer the 2021 #1 pick
    - offer the 2022 #1 pick
    - offer Drew Lock

for the right to draft Trevor Lawrence.

we already have amazing weapons on offense. We just need a 1,500 yard bruiser at running back (sorry but Lindsay and Gordon ain’t cutting it).

Otherwise, I believe we’ll continue to stare mediocrity in the face for many more years.

Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Originally posted by Safety View Post
    Just hear me out.

Rumors are swirling that Trevor Lawrence does not want to play for the NY Jets and honestly, who could blame him?

That said, if Elway wants to keep his job and set Denver up for success he would be wise to

1.) Fire Vic Fangio.
    2.) Hire Eric Bienemy
    a trade with the Jets (presuming they have the first overall pick in the 2021 Draft.)

- offer Von Miller
    - offer this year’s #1 pick
    - offer next year’s #1 pick
    - offer Drew Lock

we already have amazing weapons on offense. We just need a 1,500 yard bruiser at running back (sorry but Lindsay and Gordon ain’t cutting it).

Otherwise, I believe we’ll continue to stare mediocrity in the face for many more years.

your trade is unrealistic i bet it takes at least 3 first round picks probably more cause i doubt the jets would pass on Lawrence
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

your trade is unrealistic i bet it takes at least 3 first round picks probably more cause i doubt the jets would pass on Lawrence
      I’d do it. It would set Denver up for the next 15 years.
      Last edited by Safety; 12-19-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I’d do it. It would Denver up for the next 15 years.
        it would also set us back for at least 3. i don't think we are just a good QB from a super bowl contender.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

Just hear me out.

1.) Fire Vic Fangio.
          2.) Hire Eric Bienemy

- offer Von Miller
          - offer the 2021 #1 pick
          - offer the 2022 #1 pick
          - offer Drew Lock

I would for sure Hire Eric however Trevor will be a Busts lets just go get Matthew Stafford.

Comment

it would also set us back for at least 3. i don't think we are just a good QB from a super bowl contender.
            not with our offense it wouldn’t.

Comment

Love me some Bienemy since his days at Colorado but I get the feeling Mahomes makes coaches look better than they actually are.

Do think Shurmur has to go. The more I am looking at his recent history the more I am seeing his offenses are turnover machines and he is HORRIBLE for a young QB.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

not with our offense it wouldn’t.
                Will Lawrnece play RT cause i don't trust James at all at this this point. Will Lawrence play CB cause outside of OJ we are really lacking on youth there. D-line is kinda a meh point taking we may lose Casey Walker and Harris. who know if Jeudy and HAmler will get over there drops. there is at least 1 or 2 a game. What about ILB. i would like to find a good replacement for Jewell he is a good Depth guy, but a below average starter at best who slow and undersized. not really NFL material.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

There will be no success with Elway as GM. When there are problems in every facet of a team (which is certainly the case) then the GM is the problem.

Comment

Will Lawrnece play RT cause i don't trust James at all at this this point. Will Lawrence play CB cause outside of OJ we are really lacking on youth there. D-line is kinda a meh point taking we may lose Casey Walker and Harris. who know if Jeudy and HAmler will get over there drops. there is at least 1 or 2 a game. What about ILB. i would like to find a good replacement for Jewell he is a good Depth guy, but a below average starter at best who slow and undersized. not really NFL material.
                    Not every great player comes solely from the first round ya know?

Comment

Not every great player comes solely from the first round ya know?
                      ya but giving up 3 first rounds+ 3 or so other picks will stick make it hard to find those. i mean the draft is a crap shoot of sorts already. so having a lack of draft capital is not a good thing. i also doubt the jets would move as far down as we are. if Lawrence does not want to play for them they should take Fields, and Lawrence will end up in Jacksonville. i just don't see it possible to get Lawrence this draft.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I would for sure Hire Eric however Trevor will be a Busts lets just go get Matthew Stafford.
                        We dont need a two year rental
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Love me some Bienemy since his days at Colorado but I get the feeling Mahomes makes coaches look better than they actually are.

Do think Shurmur has to go. The more I am looking at his recent history the more I am seeing his offenses are turnover machines and he is HORRIBLE for a young QB.

schumer has to go ...

its like this if elway and the office still feel like lock is the future , schumer is destroying him

if elway allows schumer to stay, then we are still in the qb carousel for another few years

i dont know if lock is the man, but i know schumer isnt
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

schumer has to go ...

its like this if elway and the office still feel like lock is the future , schumer is destroying him

if elway allows schumer to stay, then we are still in the qb carousel for another few years

i dont know if lock is the man, but i know schumer isnt
                            And how does having a third OC in as many seasons help Lock in any way?

if they give Lock another season, he needs continuity. A new OC will not magically fix the problem.

Comment

We won’t get Lawrence.
                              We won’t get stafford.
                              Bienemy Wouldnt play for Elway after the raw deals that Kubiak, Joseph and now perhaps Fangio will get.

“Setting Denver up for success“? There will be no success in Denver as long as Elway is the GM here!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X