Recently Pat Shurmur makes offense that turn the ball over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently Pat Shurmur makes offense that turn the ball over

Went back to 2014 as that is when ESPN stops for turnovers and the new NFL.com stat pages gives me headache.

Shurmur offenses have been HORRIBLE at turning the ball over recently.

2 of the last 6 years they have been worst in the NFL
    2 of the last 6 years they have been bottom 3 in the NFL

His QBs seem to throw a lot of interceptions. Looking at this I wonder why he was even hired....maybe he was good some time ago but 3 of his last 5 years before Den his offense was bad at turnovers.

I did not count 2016 as he started TE coach and went to interim OC.

2020 Den - leads the NFL in turnovers. worst in Ints
    2019 NYG - 3rd worst in turnovers, T6 worst in ints
    2018 NYG - better 12th nest turnovers, 11th best in int
    2017 MIn - 3rd best in turnovers and Int, good year
    2015 Phi - 3rd worst turnovers, 7th worst Int
    2014 Phi - Worst in turnovers, worst in Int

Announcers said in the Buff game we are only team in 2020 to turn the ball over every game.

Last edited by Hadez; 12-19-2020, 04:05 PM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Went back to 2014 as that is when ESPN stops for turnovers and the new NFL.com stat pages gives me headache.

Shurmur offenses have been HORRIBLE at turning the ball over recently.

2 of the last 6 years they have been worst in the NFL
    2 of the last 6 years they have been bottom 3 in the NFL

His QBs seem to throw a lot of interceptions. Looking at this I wonder why he was even hired....maybe he was good some time ago but 3 of his last 5 years before Den his offense was bad at turnovers.

I did not count 2016 as he started TE coach and went to interim OC.

2020 Den - leads the NFL in turnovers. worst in Ints
    2019 NYG - 3rd worst in turnovers, T6 worst in ints
    2018 NYG - better 12th nest turnovers, 11th best in int
    2017 MIn - 3rd best in turnovers and Int, good year
    2015 Phi - 3rd worst turnovers, 7th worst Int
    2014 Phi - Worst in turnovers, worst in Int

Announcers said in the Buff game we are only team in 2020 to turn the ball over every game.
    Media experts keep calling him a QB whisper, and I keep trying to find out why. He has failed more than he has succeeded, and it's not even close.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Media experts keep calling him a QB whisper, and I keep trying to find out why. He has failed more than he has succeeded, and it's not even close.
      Looking at how his offenses have traditionally turned the ball over and been bad at Ints he seems to be a horrible OC for a young QB
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Even if he is that bad, we cant get rid of him this off season. We cant give Lock his 3rd OC in three years. At least lets see what he can do in his second year in the offense with Sutton back to see if hes the guy then we can think of getting rid of Shurmur

Comment

(Shurmur looks at playsheet)

Shurmur: “Ah yes, Drew let’s do an interception here.”

Lock: “Ok”
          https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
            Even if he is that bad, we cant get rid of him this off season. We cant give Lock his 3rd OC in three years. At least lets see what he can do in his second year in the offense with Sutton back to see if hes the guy then we can think of getting rid of Shurmur
            It is not hard to argue that having a new OC for a QB who has been going through new OCs every year since college is better than having an OC who seems to not teach QBs about ball security.

Firing Shurmur is not the only answer...but his history of being the OC/HC for offenses that commit a lot of turnovers needs to be addressed or we may be a team leading the league in turnovers every year Lock or Shurmur is here.

If we get a young QB Shurmur will pass the same ball security mindset to the next QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
              If Shurmur had some past success (and I'm talking more than the one fluke year with Case Keesum at the Vikings), I'd strongly support what you said. But, Shurmur's been a below average offensive guy and was a lousy HC. If a good, proven OC was available, and Elway magically selected him, I'd rather go through the pains of another learning year for Lock than stay stuck with stupid and hope it works out.

Comment

Shurmur's offense is high risk/high reward because it's all about getting big chunks through the air. That's why Lock has been so inconsistent and turnovers are piling up.

Comment

Working...
                X