Simmons and Chubb selected for the Pro Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons and Chubb selected for the Pro Bowl

Justin Simmons and Bradley Chubb have made the AFC team for the Pro Bowl, the latter as a starter.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-reveals...-2021-pro-bowl

So happy for our guys. Well-deserved. Bolles and Callahan should’ve made it too. Either way, pretty thrilled that we got two of our players in despite everything this team has been through this season.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Well deserved; I probably would rate Simmons above Chubb but I don't know who the competition was. I think Shelby Harris had a good year but then he missed 4? games from the Covid protocols; without the misses he might have been there too? I thought maybe Bolles would maybe get there but it doesn't surprise that he didn't. Callahan had a good year, close to pro bowl maybe?
      I have only been able to watch less than half the games so I don't have a lot of "eye test", mostly highlights and reviewing stats and some video.

sigpic

Comment

Simmons definitely. Chubb? Um...not so much. I'd argue McManus was closer to earning that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
          Simmons definitely. Chubb? Um...not so much. I'd argue McManus was closer to earning that spot.
          Chubb does a lot of things that don't really pop on the stat sheet well. such as his run defense. or playing contain vs a mobile QB.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Chubb does a lot of things that don't really pop on the stat sheet well. such as his run defense. or playing contain vs a mobile QB.
            Relative to the league, he isn't outstanding. Malik Reed has similar numbers and presence. McManus is closer to the top players at his position.

Comment

Relative to the league, he isn't outstanding. Malik Reed has similar numbers and presence. McManus is closer to the top players at his position.
              i disagree with that completely. i see more of Chubb then Reed. also Chubb is bigger and more physical. he also better at setting the edge then Reed. i hardly see REed contribute in the run game while chubb does it a lot even if it is forcing the back to go back inside to a guy like Harris. Chubb has more sacks while getting more double teams and teams obviously worry more about taking Chubb out of a game then read. most of the time you see a TE line up on Chubb side and throw at least a chip block for a reason. all you are talking about is your own veiws. you can see with how people game plan against the broncos. Chubb is way more feared and there is alot more in the game plan to slow him down. it is basically him and Harris that you game plan against on our defense expecially with the pass rush. Reed is good expecially for a udfa and back up. he has flashed starter potential. but Chubb has flashed Elite potential and is already a good starter in the league. to say they are similar in presence is non-sense.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

Curious what you're basing that off of. Is your own personal eye test or general wide agreement on both Reed and Chubb?
                Even off base stats Chubb has forced a turnover, Reed hasn't. Chubb has more sacks. Chubb has assisted on 10 tackles, Reed 8. Reed does have more tackles at 31 compared to Chubb's 26.
                Chubb is second in the AFC in QB knockdowns and Hurries. 2 stats that matter but won't be seen on a box score. As well how much attention an offensive line is paying to him vs how much they pay to Reed.
                Chubb has a player grade of 70.7 vs Reed's 63.9.

He doesn't have to be outstanding, he just needs to be one of the best at his position in the conference. Which the scale doesn't have to be, outstanding.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

We may go back and forth on Lock, but I agree with you here on Chubb. He is deserving of a pro bowl selection, and media experts would agree as well. You see play by play defense, you know Chubb is effecting the play even if all he did was pressure the decision of the other team. The box scores won't show it. But some players have the numbers they do, because Chubb forced a team to go left instead of right or right instead or left, or hesitate or go up the middle...leading to somebody else making the tackle or sack.

We see it every Saturday and Sunday, where a QB is under pressure, but gets sacked by a player who wasn't the one putting him under pressure.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

We may go back and forth on Lock, but I agree with you here on Chubb. He is deserving of a pro bowl selection, and media experts would agree as well. You see play by play defense, you know Chubb is effecting the play even if all he did was pressure the decision of the other team. The box scores won't show it. But some players have the numbers they do, because Chubb forced a team to go left instead of right or right instead or left, or hesitate or go up the middle...leading to somebody else making the tackle or sack.

We see it every Saturday and Sunday, where a QB is under pressure, but gets sacked by a player who wasn't the one putting him under pressure.
                    Which is why i really wanted to see Von and Bradley together cause you have 2 edge guys that can do that and you have to game plan against. which mean of if not both would probably go off more then they have recently.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

Congrats to both for the recognition. Bright spots in a frustrating year.

Disappointed Bolles did not get named. The young man deserved it despite the dismal offensive production.

Small consolation that there seems to be some recognition by seeing him mentioned on the “snubbed “ list.

Comment

i disagree with that completely. i see more of Chubb then Reed. also Chubb is bigger and more physical. he also better at setting the edge then Reed. i hardly see REed contribute in the run game while chubb does it a lot even if it is forcing the back to go back inside to a guy like Harris. Chubb has more sacks while getting more double teams and teams obviously worry more about taking Chubb out of a game then read. most of the time you see a TE line up on Chubb side and throw at least a chip block for a reason. all you are talking about is your own veiws. you can see with how people game plan against the broncos. Chubb is way more feared and there is alot more in the game plan to slow him down. it is basically him and Harris that you game plan against on our defense expecially with the pass rush. Reed is good expecially for a udfa and back up. he has flashed starter potential. but Chubb has flashed Elite potential and is already a good starter in the league. to say they are similar in presence is non-sense.
                        And your opinion/views as well. The guys ahead of Chubb in the league are huge focal points, and their numbers (inclusive of sacks) dwarf Chubb's. Again, McManus is much closer to top performers at his position. Pro Bowl isn't who's the best on your team...it's how they stack up against the rest of the league. Chubb's nowhere near Watt, Z. Smith, Reddick, Mack, Barrett, etc., and those guys encounter as much double-teams as Chubb does.

Comment

And your opinion/views as well. The guys ahead of Chubb in the league are huge focal points, and their numbers (inclusive of sacks) dwarf Chubb's. Again, McManus is much closer to top performers at his position. Pro Bowl isn't who's the best on your team...it's how they stack up against the rest of the league. Chubb's nowhere near Watt, Z. Smith, Reddick, Mack, Barrett, etc., and those guys encounter as much double-teams as Chubb does.
                          REddick had 1 5 sack game vs a terrible o-line and now he is great. that is completely wrong. he isn't even the best OLB on his team. he may be the best health but having him there just shows all you look at is stats. Barrett has not proformed as well as he did last season JPP has had a better season then Barrett. Watt Mack and Z. Smith all made the pro-bowl. but Watt has Dupree who is really good better then reed and Z. Smith has P. Smith but he has looked elite. Watt was a defensive player of the year for a reason. and Mack is considered the best Pass rusher in the nfl for a reason. i think it is interesting how you say 8.0 sacks dwarfs chubb 7.5 sacks. i didn't know half a sack was such a huge deal. either way this seems like a crazy debate which you will not see my way. so thats all i have to say. MAck also has 8.0 sacks .5 more then chubb

Also if you saying not being a part of the Steelers defense who in my opinion has the best front 7 in the nfl is benefiting watt i would call you crazy.
                          Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-22-2020, 12:16 PM.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

Ironically, Chubb did better his rookie year, by a good margin.
                            Chubb's erroneous pro bowl selection is Goodell's penance for the New Orleans game.
                            Great for Chubb coming back from an ACL scare and his pro bowl nod, but it's going to cost Denver money.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Ironically, Chubb did better his rookie year, by a good margin.
                              Chubb's erroneous pro bowl selection is Goodell's penance for the New Orleans game.
                              Great for Chubb coming back from an ACL scare and his pro bowl nod, but it's going to cost Denver money.
                              maybe not...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X