Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narco
    replied
    Bolles is the best player on the team and arguably the best LT this season, and he got snubbed.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

They already kinda did that with Bolles next season his pay day is still smaller but after that 22 23 and 24 it jumps up pretty high.
    As much as I have said bad things about the Broncos front office in other ways they have been real forward thinking in how the reduced revenue will affect the cap imo

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Players are definitely going to have a hard time getting the big multi year contracts in 2021 off season. This may or may not continue into the 2022 off-season due to the NFLPA pushing the reduced cap to over multiple years.

We may see some teams give bigger number contracts that pay off years down the road. Something similar to the Mahomes deal but on a smaller scale obviously. I hope the Broncos stay out of that game myself.
    They already kinda did that with Bolles next season his pay day is still smaller but after that 22 23 and 24 it jumps up pretty high.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

Chubb is probably in the $15-17M range right now I would guess. Simmons...maybe around $13M range.
    Players are definitely going to have a hard time getting the big multi year contracts in 2021 off season. This may or may not continue into the 2022 off-season due to the NFLPA pushing the reduced cap to over multiple years.

We may see some teams give bigger number contracts that pay off years down the road. Something similar to the Mahomes deal but on a smaller scale obviously. I hope the Broncos stay out of that game myself.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Congrats to both for the recognition. Bright spots in a frustrating year.

Disappointed Bolles did not get named. The young man deserved it despite the dismal offensive production.

Small consolation that there seems to be some recognition by seeing him mentioned on the “snubbed “ list.
    I think Bolles deserved it more than the two guys who got picked. Glad they got selected just stating my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

I hope not. Now that Chubb is a pro-bowler, what type of contract do you expect him and Justin Simmons to sign?

Chubb is probably in the $15-17M range right now I would guess. Simmons...maybe around $13M range.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied

maybe not...
    I hope not. Now that Chubb is a pro-bowler, what type of contract do you expect him and Justin Simmons to sign?

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

The same could be said for Chubb. He had a 2.5 sack game against the worst team in the league.
    Giants have allowed more sacks then the jets. you could say the same for watt he has played the top team the second twice and the third team

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied

REddick had 1 5 sack game vs a terrible o-line and now he is great. that is completely wrong. he isn't even the best OLB on his team. he may be the best health but having him there just shows all you look at is stats. Barrett has not proformed as well as he did last season JPP has had a better season then Barrett. Watt Mack and Z. Smith all made the pro-bowl. but Watt has Dupree who is really good better then reed and Z. Smith has P. Smith but he has looked elite. Watt was a defensive player of the year for a reason. and Mack is considered the best Pass rusher in the nfl for a reason. i think it is interesting how you say 8.0 sacks dwarfs chubb 7.5 sacks. i didn't know half a sack was such a huge deal. either way this seems like a crazy debate which you will not see my way. so thats all i have to say. MAck also has 8.0 sacks .5 more then chubb

Also if you saying not being a part of the Steelers defense who in my opinion has the best front 7 in the nfl is benefiting watt i would call you crazy.

The same could be said for Chubb. He had a 2.5 sack game against the worst team in the league.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    good for these two guys making the pro bowl but I think if every one looked at Chubb's season objectively...most wouldn't say it's a pro bowl level of play. The AFC just has a weak class of OLB play this year.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Ironically, Chubb did better his rookie year, by a good margin.
    Chubb's erroneous pro bowl selection is Goodell's penance for the New Orleans game.
    Great for Chubb coming back from an ACL scare and his pro bowl nod, but it's going to cost Denver money.
    maybe not...

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

And your opinion/views as well. The guys ahead of Chubb in the league are huge focal points, and their numbers (inclusive of sacks) dwarf Chubb's. Again, McManus is much closer to top performers at his position. Pro Bowl isn't who's the best on your team...it's how they stack up against the rest of the league. Chubb's nowhere near Watt, Z. Smith, Reddick, Mack, Barrett, etc., and those guys encounter as much double-teams as Chubb does.
    Ironically, Chubb did better his rookie year, by a good margin.
    Chubb's erroneous pro bowl selection is Goodell's penance for the New Orleans game.
    Great for Chubb coming back from an ACL scare and his pro bowl nod, but it's going to cost Denver money.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

And your opinion/views as well. The guys ahead of Chubb in the league are huge focal points, and their numbers (inclusive of sacks) dwarf Chubb's. Again, McManus is much closer to top performers at his position. Pro Bowl isn't who's the best on your team...it's how they stack up against the rest of the league. Chubb's nowhere near Watt, Z. Smith, Reddick, Mack, Barrett, etc., and those guys encounter as much double-teams as Chubb does.
    REddick had 1 5 sack game vs a terrible o-line and now he is great. that is completely wrong. he isn't even the best OLB on his team. he may be the best health but having him there just shows all you look at is stats. Barrett has not proformed as well as he did last season JPP has had a better season then Barrett. Watt Mack and Z. Smith all made the pro-bowl. but Watt has Dupree who is really good better then reed and Z. Smith has P. Smith but he has looked elite. Watt was a defensive player of the year for a reason. and Mack is considered the best Pass rusher in the nfl for a reason. i think it is interesting how you say 8.0 sacks dwarfs chubb 7.5 sacks. i didn't know half a sack was such a huge deal. either way this seems like a crazy debate which you will not see my way. so thats all i have to say. MAck also has 8.0 sacks .5 more then chubb

Also if you saying not being a part of the Steelers defense who in my opinion has the best front 7 in the nfl is benefiting watt i would call you crazy.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-22-2020, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

i disagree with that completely. i see more of Chubb then Reed. also Chubb is bigger and more physical. he also better at setting the edge then Reed. i hardly see REed contribute in the run game while chubb does it a lot even if it is forcing the back to go back inside to a guy like Harris. Chubb has more sacks while getting more double teams and teams obviously worry more about taking Chubb out of a game then read. most of the time you see a TE line up on Chubb side and throw at least a chip block for a reason. all you are talking about is your own veiws. you can see with how people game plan against the broncos. Chubb is way more feared and there is alot more in the game plan to slow him down. it is basically him and Harris that you game plan against on our defense expecially with the pass rush. Reed is good expecially for a udfa and back up. he has flashed starter potential. but Chubb has flashed Elite potential and is already a good starter in the league. to say they are similar in presence is non-sense.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Congrats to both for the recognition. Bright spots in a frustrating year.

Disappointed Bolles did not get named. The young man deserved it despite the dismal offensive production.

Small consolation that there seems to be some recognition by seeing him mentioned on the “snubbed “ list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X