The AFC West is the new AFC East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AFC West is the new AFC East

The Chiefs are going to dominate the division for the next 20 years, just like the Patriots did in the East, and the 3 other teams will be competing with each other to see who sucks the least.

Discuss.

i think it will be interesting to see how Mahomes Adjusts when Kelce loses his effectiveness or retires. there are so many question marks to that. and it was more then Brady that caused the Patriots to dominate the AFC east. i mean how many years was Bills Defense in the top 5. it was really good most years to great other years.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
      The Chiefs are going to dominate the division for the next 20 years, just like the Patriots did in the East, and the 3 other teams will be competing with each other to see who sucks the least.

Discuss.
      The Chiefs are going to have a hard time with the cap in 2 years...maybe sooner now that Covid is killing league revenue.

They still going to be tough but nothing like what we saw NE do in the AFC East.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

The Chiefs are going to have a hard time with the cap in 2 years...maybe sooner now that Covid is killing league revenue.

They still going to be tough but nothing like what we saw NE do in the AFC East.
        Which is why I think the broncos could have a chance at things because there aren't many big contracts on the team at the moment.

They should be able to keep majority of the team intact if they choose to, I think the reduced cap will potentially benefit teams like the broncos
        sigpic

Comment

Not the same. Reid won't coach Mahomes anywhere near as long as Belichick coached Brady, and their defense won't be as consistent with whoever they have compared to Belichick.

Comment

Mahomes will dominate for a long time, but the AFC East teams were dysfunctional, making things even easier for the Patriots. I don't think the Chargers and Raiders are dysfunctional. The Chargers have one of the best young QBs in the game and one of the best GMs IMO. They should be able to compete and went to overtime with the Chiefs this season.

The Raiders have lost momentum but they beat the Chiefs this season and lost the second game by 4 points. Their offense can score even though they don't have a star QB. The Broncos are in big trouble because Mahomes was already an issue and now Herbert is emerging as a potential threat for years to come. Until the Broncos stop firing coordinators and figure out the QB situation, it's going to be hard to finish better than 3rd in the division.
            sigpic

Comment

Seems like an eternity ago when the Broncos dominated the division. KC will rule this division for a few more years, maybe even the whole NFL. imo

Comment

The Chiefs are just not good enough to dominate in the way the Pats did. They don't have the discipline and won't have the roster wide consistency (next man up slotting into the system with no loss of performance).

Also, as other have said, the Chiefs will be facing much better competition that the Pats had in the East - the Chargers have improved, the Raiders may always ultimately fail but will still present a tough challenge, and the Broncos should also be able to compete within the next 2 years or so.

Comment

Doesn't matter what the rest of the division does if we can't get our act together.

Ownership, front office, coaching, quarterback.....we need to address our problems before even worrying about the other teams in our division.

Comment

I think KC will be the team to beat for at least a couple more seasons, and have a good chance at winning at least one more SB in that period. They have been wiser than some think about their cap situation. I think that when you have great players at some positions, you can get by with much lesser paid folks to compliment. For example, with Kelce and Hill, Mahomes does not need any other star power at WR. Same applies in other aspects of the roster.

Outside of The Broncos, I think The Chargers will grow with Herbert. If they add some D pieces, they could be a threat to KC. The Raiders are ok, but I don't see them rising too much with the current player personnel.

Comment

Like him or not Gruden had the formula to beat the Chiefs.

Raiders held on to the football for 35:18 / 24:45.They ran the ball well for 144 yards and Carr played like Brady dinking and dunking to 11 different receivers that game.

The Cheifs will be beatable with a solid ground game and double tight end sets. ZBS would be huge. Too bad we burned the bridge with Kubes because he would be the ideal coach to take control of the division with that scheme.

IF Miller comes back and this defense stays healthy Mahomes will struggle.Not a chance he has a 20 year window.

Comment

If we can figure out our offense I think Vic can build a defense that allows us to beat the Chiefs.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

20 years is a long time lol. Mahomes is great, and will continue to be great assuming he's healthy - but sadly star QB's don't have a shelf life like a good forging hammer would, more info here. A lot of big picture items will have to fall in place for them to be dominant for the next decade.
                          Last edited by 3KarlieBoe; 01-08-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Haha 20 years is a long time in the NFL. The Chefs is a good team but there will always be a new king of the hill.

Comment

Working...
                            X