X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Because you said he would’ve looked at the Broncos pass protection and strayed away from this team. I was simply pointing out that the Buccaneers o-line was as poor as the Broncos in 2019, the year Brady would’ve hypothetically looked at the pass protection when deciding what team to goto.

Plus, your point highlights how much an elite QB like Brady can help boost up an o-line.
    Agreed. Not all good QBs are able to do it. Some people say Big Ben actually makes his OL look worse than it is.

I think PM was better at this than Brady ever was. It is one of the reasons our OL looked went down hill so quick when PM left.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    get Haskins NOW and find him a mentor. Forgot Brady
    Two things:

1) Be careful what you wish for
    2) Belichick is probably already making a run at him

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    get Haskins NOW and find him a mentor. Forgot Brady

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Brady saw something

Tom Brady has been sacked 20 times this year. Total the Bucs have given up 21 sacks. That is one of the best in the NFL. Even when looking at total pressures the Bucs are top 10.
    Because you said he would’ve looked at the Broncos pass protection and strayed away from this team. I was simply pointing out that the Buccaneers o-line was as poor as the Broncos in 2019, the year Brady would’ve hypothetically looked at the pass protection when deciding what team to goto.

Plus, your point highlights how much an elite QB like Brady can help boost up an o-line.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I don’t know, Bucs have a terrible o-line, poor Jameis was sacked 47 times last year.

There wasn’t much point trying to pair up the oldest QB with the youngest offense in the NFL, feels like a terrible match. With hindsight though, I wish they would’ve grabbed one of the many veteran QBs who were available during FA, instead of just going all in on Lock.
    Brady saw something

Tom Brady has been sacked 20 times this year. Total the Bucs have given up 21 sacks. That is one of the best in the NFL. Even when looking at total pressures the Bucs are top 10.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    IMO Tom Brady's old body would be on the IR. We may have more wins but we would still miss the playoffs.

If we contacted Tom Brady pretty sure he looked at our pass protection history told us politely no so we would not waste him time as he tried to find a team with a realistic chance to win in 2020,
    I don’t know, Bucs have a terrible o-line, poor Jameis was sacked 47 times last year.

There wasn’t much point trying to pair up the oldest QB with the youngest offense in the NFL, feels like a terrible match. With hindsight though, I wish they would’ve grabbed one of the many veteran QBs who were available during FA, instead of just going all in on Lock.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I am not sure if we even entertained the idea, but based on his final choice, I doubt we would have been on his short list. It seemed to come down to location (closer to his son), being comfortable with the coaching, and of course, being in contention. We would not have checked all those boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    IMO Tom Brady's old body would be on the IR. We may have more wins but we would still miss the playoffs.

If we contacted Tom Brady pretty sure he looked at our pass protection history told us politely no so we would not waste him time as he tried to find a team with a realistic chance to win in 2020,

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Ugh, I didn’t give Brady much thought during the off-season, as I thought we had something in Drew Lock, but it’s looking like he’s headed for the Broncos discarded pile of terrible QBs.

10-5 would feel a lot better than 5-10 right now...

Leave a comment:

• MrMax
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post
    West side nursing home might be interested into signing him onto full time patient.
    Wow, if you feel that way, you must have the elways in the funeral home, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Oxygen Bandit
    replied
    West side nursing home might be interested into signing him onto full time patient.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMax View Post
    Hey guys, I know I'm new here. Was there any talk about trying to get Tom Brady? WE saw Peyton gave us a couple good years. I thought Elway might try to get a couple good years out of Brady if he could.
    Looks like he got the Bucs to the playoffs, much better than the Pats did with out him.
    I'm just curious as this was before I discovered this site.
    Thanks, Max
    No, not that I'm aware of. The only other team that I heard was high on Brady outside of the Bucs was the Raiders. There was no relevant talk outside of fan speculation about bringing Brady here.

Leave a comment:

• MrMax
    started a topic Tom Brady

Tom Brady

Hey guys, I know I'm new here. Was there any talk about trying to get Tom Brady? WE saw Peyton gave us a couple good years. I thought Elway might try to get a couple good years out of Brady if he could.
    Looks like he got the Bucs to the playoffs, much better than the Pats did with out him.
    I'm just curious as this was before I discovered this site.
    Thanks, Max
Working...
X