Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Tell that to the cheifs.
    You missed the irony in that interaction.

Allow me to explain:

Beastlykronk implied Denver with Watson could have a
    "Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years,"
    yet Miller willed Denver's Super Bowl win.

Most people give Elway a hard time about Osweiler's contract,
    but that Lombardi-year,
    Oz helped the Broncos win five games (5-2) with an 86.4 rating
    compared to Manning's (7-2) 67.9 rating.

Perhaps now, my "defense wins championships" comment makes sense to you.

However, since you mentioned Patrick Mahomes;
    my position would change if the subject matter was Mahomes or Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

You missed the irony in that interaction.

Allow me to explain:

Beastlykronk implied Denver with Watson could have a
      "Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years,"
      yet Miller willed Denver's Super Bowl win.

Most people give Elway a hard time about Osweiler's contract,
      but that Lombardi-year,
      Oz helped the Broncos win five games (5-2) with an 86.4 rating
      compared to Manning's (7-2) 67.9 rating.

Perhaps now, my "defense wins championships" comment makes sense to you.

No it doesn't sorry bc championships are won in different way....by offense and defense....so no.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        I don’t understand how this is even an argument. There is a possibility of a 25 year old franchise being available and some people don’t want to try and get him. It doesn’t make any sense. And Watson isn’t just any young franchise QB, he’s an elite franchise QB, he’s a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. He’s arguably the best young QB in the game right now. He has the highest completion percentage in league history, he’s the youngest QB ever to post a 70% completion rate. We’d have the Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years, why would you not want that?

Instead I hear names of old retreads who’s prime are way behind them or young project QBs that just reset the timer from our current project QB.
        its like that time the Kyle Orton army spiked the orange kool-aid for 6 weeks and NO one was thinking

Comment

No it doesn't sorry bc championships are won in different way....by offense and defense....so no.
          Let me try again:

Beastlykronk asserted Watson would elevate Denver as Manning supposedly did.

Yet, Denver didn't win a Super Bowl because of Manning's "Star Wars Offense."

Therefore, it doesn't matter if Watson is the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Comment

Putting things in bold makes you feel better...you point is not getting across any better...

Again texans can do that because Watson has to approve and team can say ill give you 5 first rd picks and it will be a no go...sucks for you if you were the gm

That's not what beast said you twisted his word....it could be the def blew the lead and lost the game....Doesn’t matter what we think either the league is speaking...

Espn talking about Watson trade is not making them no more money if the topic was changed..

It's doesn't have to be 100%... bc everyone will have their opinions. But people in the leage and know him...know his character and from what I'm hearing is great...Doesn’t matter what people this board thinks.

Yes I lock threads all the time can't get much lesser than that..

You're are entitled to your opinion....

I already prepared myself for a 6th straight losing seasons if the qb position is not addressed and not with not old ass vet or late rd draft pick.
            A mod deleted my reply to your post for unknown reasons,
            and I'm too lazy to re-write it all.

Therefore, I'll only respond to one of your points:

"That's not what beast said you twisted his word"

He stated Houston lost 8 games by less than a score.
            You claim Watson is a game-changer.

I'm surprised a "young top-5 elite franchise" "game-changer" QB left 8 games on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Exactly. Look at what Manning did for us, even at the latter part of his career. Look what a fairly small market team like Edmonton, who were dominant for a period in The NHL, thanks to their signings. Even Brady's acquisition by Tampa has turned them into a contender, at his age. There is risk in big signings/trades, but the rewards are often realized in multiples, including fan support/spending, ability to entice other quality players to join the team, and obviously, the instant value add in terms of players being even more motivated and confident knowing they have a real chance with a star joining forces.
              Equating what Peyton did for us or what Tom Brady is doing for the Bucks, with the situation surrounding Watson is totally off. We cannot discuss that Watson has physical skills that are better than what Peyton brought to Denver or what Brady brought to Tampa.
              First thing is that we did not give up draft capital to get Peyton and neither did Bucks for Brady - that is HUGE.
              Secondly both Peyton and Brady went into their new teams and started teaching ex. DT how to run routes and for Brady to teach a team that it takes something much different to have playoff success than to win a few games. Brady throuhgout has had teams that did not look good in september and october but which you did not want to meet at the end of the season. Watson is clearly a primadonna that does not build his team up. Irrespective of how great he might be there is a reason that his team lost most one score games and ended up as a bottom feeder with a statistically great QB.
              Burning our drafts, and the money for other players for someone that give us possibility of Jake Plummer kind of results is way to steep.
              While I don't like Matt Stafford's history of loosing, he is only 32 and could come a lot cheaper and does not seem to have primadonna tendensies, but what we really need is someone that can teach our young guys to win, and there are few of the Brady caliper.

Comment

Oh we know why its an agreement about not wanting Deshaun Watson and it is absolutely nothing to with his game play.

Most of cooks stats came after they lost Fuller. The texan had one of the toughest schedules

He lost hop, Fuller, cobb....Johnson for 3 or 4 games and still throw 33 td and 6 int 70% with no run game...3 straight pro bowls got the 2nd highest contract of all time but we are talking about reasons on not to "try" to get him.....I wonder why....well not that much.
                Please say what you mean instead of hiding behind your words.

What's the nefarious reason people don't want or don't want to try for Watson as you claim?

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

So true - Mahomes is a different beast - unfortunately.
                  While there is clearly much to like about Watson, it really does not compute to give up the draft capital and money, and he has other scary sililarities to Cutler - he starts and defense tumbles - why?
                  Conflict on the team - why?

Comment

• It stinks but the team is going to give Andy Dalton a good look and evaluation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      It stinks but the team is going to give Andy Dalton a good look and evaluation!
                      Thats fine....just another top 10 pick next year....im cool with that.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Thats fine....just another top 10 pick next year....im cool with that.
                        We may not make the greatest draft selections but we sure do work hard to ensure that top ten pick in the off season. Lol

This has John written all over it but they want someone to compete and push Drew Lock without completely unseating him. I know we have a new GM but you’re right when you say another top ten pick, Because even with that top 10 pick we are still going to have to endure another extremely rough season in 2021. It will not end until that front office is completely cleared out from the powers that be that have ruled over the organization for the last 10 years. They will do everything to force the Drew Lock experiment to be successful which it won’t but they’re going to insist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

We may not make the greatest draft selections but we sure do work hard to ensure that top ten pick in the off season. Lol

This has John written all over it but they want someone to compete and push Drew Lock without completely unseating him. I know we have a new GM but you’re right when you say another top ten pick, Because even with that top 10 pick we are still going to have to endure another extremely rough season in 2021. It will not end until that front office is completely cleared out from the powers that be that have ruled over the organization for the last 10 years. They will do everything to force the Drew Lock experiment to be successful which it won’t but they’re going to insist.
                          Bc Elway doesn't want to be failure....want the season to get he we are gonna have have a tough time this year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete

When did I state Watson was or wasn't a top-5 QB?

I'm sure Watson would look dashing in any NFL uniform.
                            I just hope Denver doesn't heavily leverage its future for him.
                            Well, for what it's worth, it's being reported that the Texans don't want Tua. Which probably means they wouldn't want Lock, and that also means they'll probably want another future 1st or 2nd instead of whatever quarterback is rostered on the team they trade with.

Consider me on the "Watson is a Top 5 QB" wagon as well. It would be an unprecedented trade...with an unprecedented price tag.

Comment

• Dream: Mahones
                              Pseudo-Realistic dream: Watson
                              Realistic: Dalton then Winston
                              Last edited by jdhdiggs; 01-21-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Well, for what it's worth, it's being reported that the Texans don't want Tua. Which probably means they wouldn't want Lock, and that also means they'll probably want another future 1st or 2nd instead of whatever quarterback is rostered on the team they trade with.

Consider me on the "Watson is a Top 5 QB" wagon as well. It would be an unprecedented trade...with an unprecedented price tag.
                                The Texans and Watson sure seem to be in a pickle.

I'm unsure where I would rank Watson, but it would most likely be behind:
                                Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, Brady, Prescott, Murray, and maybe Tannehill/Roethlisberger/Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X