Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Ya my scenario only works if dak hits fa. Which he should not
    Re-sign, tag and trade, or free agency seem to be the only options for Dak.

I see Lock being Elway's QB for the foreseeable future.

Elway could have taken Lock 10th overall but instead traded down to 20th for TE Fant.
    Then in round two, Elway selected OG Risner at 41, then traded for the subsequent slot to select Drew Lock at 42.

Elway knew Lock wasn't a first-round pick (enter Flacco), but the kid has demonstrated he can play.
    Denver is a competent OL away from truly being "Locked and Loaded."

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Re-sign, tag and trade, or free agency seem to be the only options for Dak.

I see Lock being Elway's QB for the foreseeable future.

Elway could have taken Lock 10th overall but instead traded down to 20th for TE Fant.
      Then in round two, Elway selected OG Risner at 41, then traded for the subsequent slot to select Drew Lock at 42.

Elway knew Lock wasn't a first-round pick (enter Flacco), but the kid has demonstrated he can play.
      Denver is a competent OL away from truly being "Locked and Loaded."
      Nah I would like a cb maybe dline depending on what happens with Harris and Casey. An ilb that can cover a back up nt and maybe a pass rusher depending upon what happens with Miller. Out side an rt is what I would like to see
      Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-31-2020, 12:49 AM.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Matt Ryan for me

Comment

Trask just doesn't interests me. i want more mobility in a QB then he offers. i like watching more the Dual threat guys.
          Well, a dual threat requires mobility and the ability to get the passes to the receivers, which means there's something between the ears. The only one that does both is going #1 in the draft, and there's about zero chance Elway would find a way to get him. Although Lance didn't have much in the way of competition, he also isn't on a knock out football team, and he did keep the ball out of the opposition's hands. I'd sooner see Elway spend to go after him than Fields. Fields looks too much like a college football player, and he has an amazing team around him. So, no telling what he'd look like here, because this certainly isn't an amazing offense, with or without Lock.

Reason why I went Trask was the assumption there's no way Elway would spend to get Lawrence or Lance, and I think Fields would just be another mistake. Trask wouldn't cost much (maybe 3rd or 4th round pick), is likely good enough to give Lock competition, and would be a great back-up, which the team does not have.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Well, a dual threat requires mobility and the ability to get the passes to the receivers, which means there's something between the ears. The only one that does both is going #1 in the draft, and there's about zero chance Elway would find a way to get him. Although Lance didn't have much in the way of competition, he also isn't on a knock out football team, and he did keep the ball out of the opposition's hands. I'd sooner see Elway spend to go after him than Fields. Fields looks too much like a college football player, and he has an amazing team around him. So, no telling what he'd look like here, because this certainly isn't an amazing offense, with or without Lock.

Reason why I went Trask was the assumption there's no way Elway would spend to get Lawrence or Lance, and I think Fields would just be another mistake. Trask wouldn't cost much (maybe 3rd or 4th round pick), is likely good enough to give Lock competition, and would be a great back-up, which the team does not have.
            Thats debatable I think Lawrence is more of a pocket pass with the ability move well in the pocket. I doubt he runs more then a 4.7-4.8. While I really like Fields he may have a good supporting cast but he is also a freak athlete with a good arm. I think he has everything that you would want from a qb. He is my favorite qb in this draft. He is 6'3 230 and will run a 4.3 to 4.4 at the combine. He has the arm and work ethic to be great. He will need a development period but who wouldn't.

Trask I feel needs a good to great oline to be successful in the nfl. I feel there has been alot of arguments we have a good oline I dont see it. I think the lack of sacks has been more to do with Locks mobility and then he panics and try to force something. I feel with Trask we would see an oline more like what driskel did. He is kinda limited expecially moving and you need a good oline for a true pocket passer with bad mobility to survive in the nfl. Look at the difference you see in rivers behind the colts oline vs a chargers oline
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

Thats debatable I think Lawrence is more of a pocket pass with the ability move well in the pocket. I doubt he runs more then a 4.7-4.8. While I really like Fields he may have a good supporting cast but he is also a freak athlete with a good arm. I think he has everything that you would want from a qb. He is my favorite qb in this draft. He is 6'3 230 and will run a 4.3 to 4.4 at the combine. He has the arm and work ethic to be great. He will need a development period but who wouldn't.

Trask I feel needs a good to great oline to be successful in the nfl. I feel there has been alot of arguments we have a good oline I dont see it. I think the lack of sacks has been more to do with Locks mobility and then he panics and try to force something. I feel with Trask we would see an oline more like what driskel did. He is kinda limited expecially moving and you need a good oline for a true pocket passer with bad mobility to survive in the nfl. Look at the difference you see in rivers behind the colts oline vs a chargers oline
              Everything you just said about Fields is why I hope John is not making the decisions on draft day. Fields has it all, he can compete with both Mahomes and Herbert for years to come. Denver has fire power to move up if they have to but John won’t pull the trigger. He’s always trying to haggle some other GM or executive because he thinks they are below him. His place in football is done it was done along time ago but if he’s the one making decisions on draft day then we will in fact miss out on fields.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-31-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I kinda shy away from the QB's that run well. They tend to get hurt...a lot. I like more of the mobile pocket passer with great field vision that runs as a last resort....but can scramble. I consider Lawrence than guy. Trask was put in a bad situation last night, with his very few capable receivers gone. I think he was just trying to force things. However, in other games, he did well, even without protection. He's not the optimal guy, but he wouldn't cost everything, and I think Elway is more of the mindset to win his last year of his contract, so I don't expect him to start over with another project QB. Trask would be more of an alternative to Lock, while Elway goes out and gets a vet QB for his last gasp...which I expect him to do.

I think the Denver o-line has improved a bit, but as a team, they block like crap. Many, many missed blocks, and many times guys standing around doing nothing, especially the wide receivers. The Broncos have really lost that desire to fight it out. If it doesn't come to them, they sure don't go and get it. That can kinda be said on both sides of the ball. Combine that lack of fight with a QB who tries to fix everything with his arm, and you get the biggest turnover ratio deficit in the league.

Comment

I kinda shy away from the QB's that run well. They tend to get hurt...a lot. I like more of the mobile pocket passer with great field vision that runs as a last resort....but can scramble. I consider Lawrence than guy. Trask was put in a bad situation last night, with his very few capable receivers gone. I think he was just trying to force things. However, in other games, he did well, even without protection. He's not the optimal guy, but he wouldn't cost everything, and I think Elway is more of the mindset to win his last year of his contract, so I don't expect him to start over with another project QB. Trask would be more of an alternative to Lock, while Elway goes out and gets a vet QB for his last gasp...which I expect him to do.

I think the Denver o-line has improved a bit, but as a team, they block like crap. Many, many missed blocks, and many times guys standing around doing nothing, especially the wide receivers. The Broncos have really lost that desire to fight it out. If it doesn't come to them, they sure don't go and get it. That can kinda be said on both sides of the ball. Combine that lack of fight with a QB who tries to fix everything with his arm, and you get the biggest turnover ratio deficit in the league.
                  Justin Fields runs well, but he is not a run first QB if you check his numbers it just shows he can run but he is not looking to run. he is a passer first who is a freak athlete that i believe could be used similarly to Cam Newton in by the goal line.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

Justin Fields runs well, but he is not a run first QB if you check his numbers it just shows he can run but he is not looking to run. he is a passer first who is a freak athlete that i believe could be used similarly to Cam Newton in by the goal line.
                    People just don't understand true pocket qbs are being phased out of the game. No more Brady, Brees, and manning. You hear running qb...."they will get hurt" first thing come up. They quick to say vick and rg3 those are their go to names. But hey most said LJ would last a half of a season. Two playoffs appearances and nfl only unanimous league MVP later....
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

His numbers are good because he has a great team. He's notorious for holding on to the ball too long as well as having to go into check-downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

People just don't understand true pocket qbs are being phased out of the game. No more Brady, Brees, and manning. You hear running qb...."they will get hurt" first thing come up. They quick to say vick and rg3 those are their go to names. But hey most said LJ would last a half of a season. Two playoffs appearances and nfl only unanimous league MVP later....
                        Well, you do know quarterbacks. You said so.

Comment

His numbers are good because he has a great team. He's notorious for holding on to the ball too long as well as having to go into check-downs.
                          All college qbs hold onto the ball for to long by pro standards
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

He doesn't have a great team. His oline is not as good as last year. Rb by committee.

If he has a great team around him....then Trevor must have an all pro around him.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

As of right now I'm thinking we have Lock and Rypien coming back next season and that's it. I'd seriously consider signing Dwayne Haskins to a very, very cheap contract with no guaranteed money. He could probably run an Offense that was built around Lock better than Rypien could anyway.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                                As of right now I'm thinking we have Lock and Rypien coming back next season and that's it. I'd seriously consider signing Dwayne Haskins to a very, very cheap contract with no guaranteed money. He could probably run an Offense that was built around Lock better than Rypien could anyway.
                                I wouldn't do that. We don't have a qb on our team. Haskins has the tools the doesn't need to be behind a young dancing qb. He needs to behind a veteran.

Comment

Working...
                                X