Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

    You seem hell-bent on bashing Elway
    You made a post calling out the fan base, I responded by pointing out a few comparable Elway facts. You then made another post talking about the humour in "fans crying" about a certain issue, and I responded doing the same. I have been hellbent I guess you could say on pointing out the failures of the man who took this team to the lows of back to back to back to back losing seasons, something we hadn't even doubled up since the 70's, but I think it's justified.

    Unfortunately the fanatical fanboys who couldn't let the love of a boyhood hero go couldn't, and I do take some pleasure on Elway stepping down, and his aforementioned lovers like you who argued blindly in ignorance supporting him over the years having to face these tough times. So yeah, I could say you seem hell bent on calling out certain fans here, ones who have been proven correct this off-season, you did do it twice unprovoked, so I am guessing you probably still haven't come to terms with Elway even admitting what some have seen for a while now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by johnlimburg

      You made a post calling out the fan base, I responded by pointing out a few comparable Elway facts. You then made another post talking about the humour in "fans crying" about a certain issue, and I responded doing the same. I have been hellbent I guess you could say on pointing out the failures of the man who took this team to the lows of back to back to back to back losing seasons, something we hadn't even doubled up since the 70's, but I think it's justified.

      Unfortunately the fanatical fanboys who couldn't let the love of a boyhood hero go couldn't, and I do take some pleasure on Elway stepping down, and his aforementioned lovers like you who argued blindly in ignorance supporting him over the years having to face these tough times. So yeah, I could say you seem hell bent on calling out certain fans here, ones who have been proven correct this off-season, you did do it twice unprovoked, so I am guessing as you probably still haven't come to terms with Elway even admit some have seenyour rece a while now.
      All I said was could you imagine if we gave Carson Wentz a hundred million dollars and he flopped.

      Oh, and when Elway was a rookie I was well into my adulthood. So I would be a "adulthood Fanboy of John Elway".


      Elways Broncos =


      And,,,, I wasn't making anything personal.

      I am good with Elway stepping down, he did it for ten years, I thought he would do better, he helped get us 1 Super Bowl win.
      Now, its time for new leadership, and I will be happy for them when they succeed and the Broncos are successful again.

      And, I respect your opinion and I made sure that I liked all your recent posts!



      Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-02-2021, 12:07 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

        You seem hell-bent on bashing Elway
        That applies to a few posters. Do not need to call them out...it is obvious in their posts.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

          That applies to a few posters. Do not need to call them out...it is obvious in their posts.
          Like I said, I'm bummed about Drew Lock not being as good as I thought he would be, but I'm glad we didn't sign a hundred-million-dollar quarterback and have him flop.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

            The thing is that Wentz and to some extend Trubisky and Darnold are QBs that like Jake Plummer when he came to Denver had obvious skills, and was in a bad situation where we don't know how much is their own doing. Wentz looked great - but could he have done what Foles did? If you are going the FA way then they are the kind of players - obvious skills and underperformance - that could become great or would just contuínue to fade.

            Wentz could keep up but nost likely he will not, but that should have been the same evaluation we had on Plummer, and I would love some Snake magic instead of Lock tragic!
            Snake Magic? Defending Plummer was easy...keep him in the pocket. It is why his postseason resume looks so horrible.

            Yea he could abuse the bad teams with his bootleg magic (it was REALLY good) but good teams would just keep him in the pocket and Plummer did not have what it took to overcome that.

            It is starting to look like Trubisky, Darnold and Wentz have similiar problems. I would entertain Wentz but would not pay market value for him...all three Qbs (50 games, 38 games, 68 games) have more downside in terms of number of bad snaps and number of bad games than Lock imo
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

              Like I said, I'm bummed about Drew Lock not being as good as I thought he would be, but I'm glad we didn't sign a hundred-million-dollar quarterback and have him flop.
              People saying Lock is done want Qbs who have twice as many bad games as Lock.

              Lock is not looking great but he has 18 starts under his belt. I am not ready to give up on him unless we get a Tebow situation....a proven really good QB to replace him.

              Honestly I think some people want to give up on Lock due to their hate for Elway.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                People saying Lock is done want Qbs who have twice as many bad games as Lock.

                Lock is not looking great but he has 18 starts under his belt. I am not ready to give up on him unless we get a Tebow situation....a proven really good QB to replace him.

                Honestly I think some people want to give up on Lock due to their hate for Elway.
                Lock is the starter, until we get a better QB!
                He has my support, until we have a new Starter.

                Comment


                • Thanks for the info on Mond. Just recently been hearing him talked about since he won in the senior bowl. It will be interesting to see if we can move up or if someone falls into our lap. We definitely need the competition.

                  Comment


                  • How disappointed are people going to be if/when Lock is the #1 guy going into the season?

                    Comment


                    • This place will start on fire then all their tears will put it out.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                        People saying Lock is done want Qbs who have twice as many bad games as Lock.

                        Lock is not looking great but he has 18 starts under his belt. I am not ready to give up on him unless we get a Tebow situation....a proven really good QB to replace him.

                        Honestly I think some people want to give up on Lock due to their hate for Elway.
                        Excellent post ! If I could have given more likes I would have . I agree 1000%

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

                          Lock is the starter, until we get a better QB!
                          He has my support, until we have a new Starter.
                          Basically, that's the end all be all. Lock is the QB until he isn't the QB. For as long as he is a Bronco QB, I want him to succeed regardless if I think he isn't the guy or isn't good enough, I want him to succeed bc that means the Broncos succeed.

                          He's the starter until he isn't.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

                            Basically, that's the end all be all. Lock is the QB until he isn't the QB. For as long as he is a Bronco QB, I want him to succeed regardless if I think he isn't the guy or isn't good enough, I want him to succeed bc that means the Broncos succeed.

                            He's the starter until he isn't.
                            Go Broncos!!!!

                            Comment


                            • The fact that Watson is willing to listen to Denver is very exciting.

                              Comment


                              • I think the most likely scenario is we bring in a vet like Fitz or Dalton as vet backup and insurance for Lock. An option I haven't seen mentioned is possibly trading down a few spots, getting a couple of extra picks, and then drafting Mac Jones. An issue with this seems to be a team trading up would do so to get Jones...but just for discussion.

                                IMO Lock is like getting a free lotto ticket. We traded down to get Fant and also got a pick which was part of us drafting Lock. We got value from Fant and a "free" look at Lock. Lock wasn't even our first Second round pick, Risner was. There's plenty of blame for Elway concerning QBs, Lock isn't one of them. Low risk/high gain.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X