Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I heard him today on the morning show saying that Watson's camp has told Denver they were 1 of 4 teams he would listen to. Don't know how long this info has been out there, but he spoke on it this morning.
    Woody Paige and Adam Schefter both refuted Klis' report, however, with Paige going as far as saying Watson has zero desire to play in Denver while Schefter chuckled when told about what Klis said.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Snake Magic? Defending Plummer was easy...keep him in the pocket. It is why his postseason resume looks so horrible.

Yea he could abuse the bad teams with his bootleg magic (it was REALLY good) but good teams would just keep him in the pocket and Plummer did not have what it took to overcome that.

It is starting to look like Trubisky, Darnold and Wentz have similiar problems. I would entertain Wentz but would not pay market value for him...all three Qbs (50 games, 38 games, 68 games) have more downside in terms of number of bad snaps and number of bad games than Lock imo
      Hogwash - every QB has things that disturb their game but you do not go 38-15 on a solid but not special team without being REALLY good, and it is not EASY to defend when teams "know what is coming" and cannot stop it anyway. You are not the only QB to go 3-0 against Tom Brady and BB if you are easy to defend!

Plummer was exceptional at deception in the plays and opponents could rarely see whether it was a boot, a hand off or a pocket pass before they were late. The best ball handling skills with keeping/handing off balls to the running backs of Broncos QBs through the past 30+ years belonged to Plummer and Tebow. Both were exceptional at that part of the game, and that was a huge aspect of the RB successes.

Plummer's bootleg both right and left was exceptional, but he was never less than mediocre from the pocket in his Denver years.

The major knock on Plummer was that we lost to Peyton Manning as the major knowk here on Tebow is that Manning was better. That is a pretty tall standard we set here!

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Game point Elway.

Please to God do not low ball Houston like you did to SF for Kaepernick.

You offer 3 firsts and Lock

​​​​​Or

2 Firsts Von Miller and Lock

Nothing less
        Kaepernick????
        I cannot see any other argument for Kaepernick than race and political issues. He was a massive failure the last 2½ years he played and talking about the travesty of "low balling" on a QB that preceded to go 1-10 the following season seems bizarre.

Colin Kaepernick was offered a contract with the Broncos that he refused!
        Colin Kaepernick did not win back to back games in the last 3 years he played!
        Colin Kaepernick could not hold a candle to 2010 Kyle Orton

Lets just compare to 2010 Kyle Orton:

Kyle went 3-10 vs Kaepernick 1-10, so Kyle was three times better in what counts, and if we add CKs 2015 season in as well CK took 19 starts to win 3 and Kyle took 13 (while being supported by the 31st ranked defense

Kyle in 2010 passed for almost 100 yards more per game than CK did irrespective of whether you compare to 2015+2016 or only 2016 where CK has a lower interception number.

Pro-Football-Reference had Kyle at an "average value" of 11 in 2010, and CK at an AV of 4 in 2015 and 9 in 2016.

Unless you massively cherry pick stats Colin Kaepernick cannot hold a candle to the QB that produced the worst season in Broncos history, so it is absolutely ridiculous to pine for Kaepernick as ex. Shannon Sharpe does. There is no good FOOTBALL argument for signing Kaepernick!

I REALLY hope that we do not sell the farm for a QB in Watson that produced 1 win better than Brock Osweiler and obviously sets himself above the team. The red flags are massive and I do not want to trade for expensive - both in picks and money - primadonnas that has not had a history of being the difference maker between wins and losses.

Whenever we have had some success (Playoffs) as a team it has been around a QB that lifted the team. Elway, Plummer, Tebow and Manning all shared that the team took on their persona (guts and glory for the first 3) and perfection for Manning. We need what Brady did in Tampa - not a 4-7 win QB with pretty stats.

Comment

• Well, if Schaffer is laughing, I will go with him until otherwise noted.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Kaepernick????
            I cannot see any other argument for Kaepernick than race and political issues. He was a massive failure the last 2½ years he played and talking about the travesty of "low balling" on a QB that preceded to go 1-10 the following season seems bizarre.

Colin Kaepernick was offered a contract with the Broncos that he refused!
            Colin Kaepernick did not win back to back games in the last 3 years he played!
            Colin Kaepernick could not hold a candle to 2010 Kyle Orton

Lets just compare to 2010 Kyle Orton:

Kyle went 3-10 vs Kaepernick 1-10, so Kyle was three times better in what counts, and if we add CKs 2015 season in as well CK took 19 starts to win 3 and Kyle took 13 (while being supported by the 31st ranked defense

Kyle in 2010 passed for almost 100 yards more per game than CK did irrespective of whether you compare to 2015+2016 or only 2016 where CK has a lower interception number.

Pro-Football-Reference had Kyle at an "average value" of 11 in 2010, and CK at an AV of 4 in 2015 and 9 in 2016.

Unless you massively cherry pick stats Colin Kaepernick cannot hold a candle to the QB that produced the worst season in Broncos history, so it is absolutely ridiculous to pine for Kaepernick as ex. Shannon Sharpe does. There is no good FOOTBALL argument for signing Kaepernick!

I REALLY hope that we do not sell the farm for a QB in Watson that produced 1 win better than Brock Osweiler and obviously sets himself above the team. The red flags are massive and I do not want to trade for expensive - both in picks and money - primadonnas that has not had a history of being the difference maker between wins and losses.

Whenever we have had some success (Playoffs) as a team it has been around a QB that lifted the team. Elway, Plummer, Tebow and Manning all shared that the team took on their persona (guts and glory for the first 3) and perfection for Manning. We need what Brady did in Tampa - not a 4-7 win QB with pretty stats.
            Kyle also got 10mil a year to play back up for the cowboys. Elway was only willing to offer Collin 7mil to be a starter and tried to squeeze another 4.9m from the 9ers to cover his base.

Heres some stats.......

Kaep 2016

1-10 Record

59.2% Comp

2241 passing

16/4 TD/INT

468/2 RUS/TD

Lock 2020

4-9 Record

57.3 Comp

2933 passing

16/15 TD/INT

160/3 RUS/TD

PS. Weren't you a founding member of the Kyle Orton Army?

Comment

• I've cooled on trading for Watson. I think he's a Top 5 QB and I previously justified giving up 3 #1s plus players to myself, but can't do it any longer. Likewise, I understand Watson is a franchise QB and we need one badly.

Here's my issue...it's the combo of Watson's cap number AND the draft capital we have to give up to get him. The best case scenario in the NFL is a franchise QB on a rookie contract. Once their salary increases, it's proven it's harder to field a good roster and the best way to do so is with low-cap draft picks. The only way to make the cap hit worse is to trade for a cap hit. If we trade away picks AND pick up Watson's contract, how do we build a team? We won't be able to pay or resign free agents and we won't have any high draft picks for years. What exactly is the plan?

Comment

• What about Zach Wilson from BYU? Nobody on here seems to be talking about him. He is young, and he can back up Lock and possibly win the starting job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  What about Zach Wilson from BYU? Nobody on here seems to be talking about him. He is young, and he can back up Lock and possibly win the starting job.
                  This kid just came out of nowhere . I admit I didn't watch much college ball this year . I have heard great things about him though. But it's really a crap shoot with Qbs it seems .

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

This kid just came out of nowhere . I admit I didn't watch much college ball this year . I have heard great things about him though. But it's really a crap shoot with Qbs it seems .
                    Strong arm, mobile, high completion %.
                    Smart. 21 years old.

Comment

What about Zach Wilson from BYU? Nobody on here seems to be talking about him. He is young, and he can back up Lock and possibly win the starting job.
                      He's on my list. I'd draft him at 9 if he's available I just assume he won't be there but could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

He's on my list. I'd draft him at 9 if he's available I just assume he won't be there but could be wrong.
                        One of these QB's should be around at 9?
                        I think we need to keep Drafting Qbs till we have (2) decent young Qbs on the roster.

Comment

One of these QB's should be around at 9?
                          I think we need to keep Drafting Qbs till we have (2) decent young Qbs on the roster.
                          Some mocks have 4 QBs taken in the first 5-7 picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Some mocks have 4 QBs taken in the first 5-7 picks.
                            I still think we’re signing Dalton or trading for Darnold!

Comment

Wilson looks like a good young quarterback. Just don’t watch the Coastal Carolina game. I think you will be impressed, otherwise.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Kyle also got 10mil a year to play back up for the cowboys. Elway was only willing to offer Collin 7mil to be a starter and tried to squeeze another 4.9m from the 9ers to cover his base.

Heres some stats.......

Kaep 2016

1-10 Record

59.2% Comp

2241 passing

16/4 TD/INT

468/2 RUS/TD

Lock 2020

4-9 Record

57.3 Comp

2933 passing

16/15 TD/INT

160/3 RUS/TD

PS. Weren't you a founding member of the Kyle Orton Army?
                                Kyle Orton Army - maybe you should look at my signup date that is a few years before yours!
                                Plummer and Tebow are the ones that were a whole lot more special than many give them credit for.

Why would you even replace Lock with Kaepernick?
                                At least Lock was able to score more than the opponents a few times.
                                From mid 2014 season Colin Kaepernick was a turd with even Blaine Gabbert winning at a higher clip.
                                In Quarterback rating CK was as low as Lock. There is no football argument for CK as I see it - why should Elway pay for the worst QB in NFL

Comment

Working...
                                X